PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas

Davaar
22nd Dec 2006, 16:37
I'm still with Dunbar. In these dark and troubled days I am comforted that in the 15th century he was on about “thir dirk and drublie dayis”. Not much change then. In fact, it was worse, and I hope no ill-natured sceptic will contradict, for just before the Reformation, unlike today, such pride of prelates, so few to preach and pray, were off with harlots night and day. Not good. And yet:

All Gloria in excelsis cry,
Hevin, erd, se, man, bird and best;
He that is crownit abone the sky
Pro nobis Puer natus est.

So that too is unchanged:

Merry Christmas!

finfly1
22nd Dec 2006, 18:12
And to you good Sir, from Mississippi this year, instead of Canada.

Heliport
22nd Dec 2006, 19:12
From Davaar's 15th century to 21st century England .......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Rotorheads/Gallery/santa_in_london_2.jpg

Merry Christmas guys.

tony draper
22nd Dec 2006, 19:40
Likewise from the banks of the Coaly Tyne,where we still speak like that Mr Davaar.
Happy Christmas
:rolleyes:

TheDesertFerret
22nd Dec 2006, 19:46
Let battle with the M1 commence. Festive greetings to all those who'll be in the same traffic jam near Milton Keynes tommorrow.

Cheerio
22nd Dec 2006, 23:26
Heres looking forward to the solstice and longer days ;)

http://www.venganza.org/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/fsmcard.jpg

Merry Christmas Davaar! (From the frosty yet muddy banks of the Den Burn)

pigboat
22nd Dec 2006, 23:43
Merry Christmas to you and Frau Davaar and the Davaarette, my friend. Health and happiness in 2007. :ok:

CoodaShooda
23rd Dec 2006, 03:05
And a Merry Christmas to all our northern hemispherean prooners and those a bit closer to home; where the only thing white is the head on the beer.

May 2007 be all that you want it to be for you and yours. :ok:

Lon More
23rd Dec 2006, 03:40
Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and, above all, Safe New Year

Jerricho
23rd Dec 2006, 04:49
MERRY CHRISTMAS

You bunch of reprobates will reap as ye sow ;)

Mr Grumps
23rd Dec 2006, 06:01
Happy Christmas
to all.:ok::ok::ok:

Smudger
23rd Dec 2006, 10:35
It is a very happy christmas for me, I've just had the 757 put on my licence, old hat I know, but to me she is beautiful. I have Xmas and the new year off, and I start flying the line in my new baby early in January. So, from one very happy bunny, MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all!!

El Grifo
23rd Dec 2006, 10:49
Aye, merry Christmas Davaar from the Sunny Canary Islands.

Peace on earth is a fruitless wish but goodwill towards men is thankfully still in with a shout.

Best wishes to all for 2007.

El G.

Loki
23rd Dec 2006, 11:10
Here in schloss Loki, the last forage having been done. Drawbridge raised and hatches battened. One will resurface at some point during the week, perhaps to walk off a surfeit of something festive or two.

A good Yuletide to one and all.

Wassail!

surely not
23rd Dec 2006, 12:13
Merry Christmas to Everyone

I look forward to the amusement and information flow from all of you over the next 12 months.

pigboat
23rd Dec 2006, 17:14
A good Yuletide to one and all.

Wassail!

Drinc hail!

CUNIM
23rd Dec 2006, 18:02
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year or as they say in this part of Blighty

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

All the best to everyone.

Krystal n chips
23rd Dec 2006, 18:14
Well, OK then, fine, if you insist, if I have to ----just this once mind :

" A Very Happy Christmas and Prosperous New Year to All "

Happy now ? ;)

And, on a serious note, my Thanks :ok: for the posts on this site which have helped maintain my sanity over what has been, on a personal level , a very turbulent and traumatic 2006. Life changing in fact.

tony draper
23rd Dec 2006, 18:55
Speaking of which :rolleyes:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k226/Tony_Draper/KC10Christmas.jpg

speedrestriction
23rd Dec 2006, 21:27
To all fellow PPruners, wishing you a peaceful Christmas and a prosperous 2007.

sr

Simtech
23rd Dec 2006, 22:19
A very Happy Christmas and a Peaceful and Prosperous New Year to all PPruners :ok:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
23rd Dec 2006, 23:05
Thanks Davaar, a welcome wish that I return to you and everyone else on Proone who help keep me in touch with a country that as of this year I have live out of more than within :confused:

:{

allan907
24th Dec 2006, 15:35
Well - it's now half past midnight in WA and it's Christmas Day. I've just come off a 6 hour shift fighting a bush fire near our town. It was probably started by some underage scrote with a box of matches and a weird sense of humour.

We've had almost 40 degrees today; everything is as dry as tinder; and we've got strong winds to boot. The fire was quite 'exciting'. It's not out yet but it is under control. I hope the boys and girls manage to get right on top of it tonight because tomorrow is going to be a scorcher with 50 knot winds. Whatever, there will be lots of people out there tomorrow.....and probably Boxing Day too.

Happy Christmas! :ok:

Saintsman
24th Dec 2006, 16:50
To all my friends who sent me best wishes for 2006. It did F**k all!

For 2007, could you please send either money, alcohol or petrol vouchers.

Cheers.

pigboat
24th Dec 2006, 17:48
Well - it's now half past midnight in WA and it's Christmas Day. I've just come off a 6 hour shift fighting a bush fire near our town. It was probably started by some underage scrote with a box of matches and a weird sense of humour.
We've had almost 40 degrees today; everything is as dry as tinder; and we've got strong winds to boot. The fire was quite 'exciting'. It's not out yet but it is under control. I hope the boys and girls manage to get right on top of it tonight because tomorrow is going to be a scorcher with 50 knot winds. Whatever, there will be lots of people out there tomorrow.....and probably Boxing Day too.
Happy Christmas! :ok:

Happy Christmas to you Allan907. I've just come in from clearing a foot of snow that arrived in my driveway overnight. It's not cold though, a balmy -2C. :ok:

rab-k
24th Dec 2006, 19:50
A Blithe Yule an a Guid New Year all!

Nollaig Chridheil agus Bliadhna Mhath Ur!

Noah Zark.
24th Dec 2006, 20:16
Merry Christmas to all my fellow Prooners, and hopefully a more optimistic New Year for all.

Keef
24th Dec 2006, 21:19
Yes indeed! A very happy and peaceful Christmas, and a better 2007 to the happy band that is PPRuNe.

I'm off out to a midnight service - I'll be sitting quietly in the congregation for this one. 'Tis unusual but a delight.

arcniz
24th Dec 2006, 23:05
Here's wishing Truer Peace, broader Prosperity, and better Parking for All!
http://www.mcescher.com/Gallery/back-bmp/LW367.jpg

yoda1
25th Dec 2006, 07:21
Merry Xmas and a happy new year to you all :ok:

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r40/flyingyoda1/merry.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r40/flyingyoda1/happy-new-year.jpg

BombayDuck
25th Dec 2006, 12:13
Merry Christmas to Davaar and the rest of you lot! Have a nice day and a safe year ahead!