PDA

View Full Version : Flying Hours

Flatdog
22nd Dec 2006, 11:32
Just busy updating my own flying hours for the year and the thought crossed my mind: Is there any way of determining who has the most flying hours in South Africa?

Perhaps even who has the most hours "on type?" I recall years ago being told about a guy that had the most C210 hours in the world - he flew for AVBOB ferrying stiffs around the republic. Unsure if it was urban legend only?!

Can some of the older manne please help with my initial question?

Thanks, FD

Q4NVS
22nd Dec 2006, 11:38
Just busy updating my own flying hours for the year and the thought crossed my mind: Is there any way of determining who has the most flying hours in South Africa?

Probably also depends whether hours in the Crew Bunk are included or not, but that is a whole different discussion...:8

Back to your question: It's definitely NOT me! :E

:ok:

Solid Rust Twotter
23rd Dec 2006, 06:38
CB is around three hours short of 10000 on C206.

Sir Osis of the river
24th Dec 2006, 02:56
SRT,

Would that be CB ex Lesotho Airways?

Solid Rust Twotter
24th Dec 2006, 05:56
One and the same...:ok:

A patient man and brave to have spent all that time behind a single thumper.

Sir Osis of the river
24th Dec 2006, 10:41
Any idea where the said brave and patient man can be found these days?

Solid Rust Twotter
24th Dec 2006, 11:46
Sudan last I heard. Living in PE now.

Springbok747
24th Dec 2006, 12:53
Interesting question but No idea, must be an airline pilot, but why does it matter you will never have enough hours if you are not flying for a airline, and once you do fly for a airline when you hit 20 000? hours it only make you walk on water or maybe land on water.:D

JG1
26th Dec 2006, 08:35
and once its become firmly established in your own mind that you can walk on water, the next step is to fly on it (with your wheels touching):rolleyes: