View Full Version : Emirates engineering

RED5
22nd Dec 2006, 03:41
I have recently attended an interview at Ek in their heavy maintenance facility as an LAE , I have not heard any response from them in almost two months. Is this normal? Also if anyone out their work's there could you tell me what the work conditions are like, ie mechanics , management , responsabilitys for work performed, maintenance releases. What is it like living in Dubai and is the package good?. I currently work for a major and have 12 years seniority, it's not a bad company to work for so leaving is a big decesion. I reckon I would have to be there for at least 10 years to make it worthwhile ,is that feasable?. Any answers to the questions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

bvcu
31st Dec 2006, 17:43
Go in with your eyes open !! Look at salary on offer at present and exchange rate, no paid o/t as LAE so money much better in uk paying tax. However look at whole package i.e housing , education etc depends on personal circumstances and situation, but you wont get rich !! Look on pilots thread for all the gripes ! Most apply equally to engineering !