PDA

View Full Version : Decent Air Lines

Duchess_Driver
22nd Dec 2006, 00:35
Why is it that I can never find a f*$%)"g air line that works?

Within a two mile radius of 'Duchess Towers' there are 6 garages or petrol stations if you prefer. Got a slow puncture (nail in brand new tyre) and haven't managed to get to ATS to get the thing repaired so it needs constant and careful attention.

Garage 1:- Broken
Garage 2:- Missing adapter
Garage 3:- Let more out than it put in.
Garage 4:- Missing altogether
Garage 5:- Missing altogether
Garage 6:- No Pressure Gauge

In the end I had driven nearly 11 miles trying to find one that worked!

Tea Bags, Butter, Slippers, Torches, Sweets, Cat food, Coffee (was nice!) , any profit making item you can name, you can buy it at our local garages - but no effing air lines. Makes me mad!!!! (BTW, By this time ATS had closed, so I couldn't get it sorted)

Rollingthunder
22nd Dec 2006, 01:04
There is an aerosol product in a can that seals the leak and inflates the tyre in emergencies.

2/ Put on the spare tyre.

Earthmover
22nd Dec 2006, 01:36
If you're in the UK go to Halfords and buy a compressor that connects to the cigar lighter socket .. costs about £30 and has kept me away from these [email protected]@dy useless air lines for years.

Loose rivets
22nd Dec 2006, 02:57
Take care!! Some of the Aerosols squirt in ‘Slime', this works, but should be totally cleaned out SASPO.

It will rust a ferrous wheel.

Here, no garages have gauges. They all get nicked.

Howard Hughes
22nd Dec 2006, 11:03
Why not change the tyre and then take it to be repaired?:hmm:

Surely the tyre repairers have a working air line...:ok:

toothpic
22nd Dec 2006, 12:40
Rolling Thunder said

There is an aerosol product in a can that seals the leak and inflates the tyre in emergencies.

Most garages/tyre repair outlets will refuse to do a puncture repair on a tyre that has been treated with these types of instant sealant. The chemicals in the aerosol react with the rubber to cause problems when they re-vulcanise the tyre.
With a new tyre costing anything up to £300 I would be very wary of these get you home fixes! :=

Chesty Morgan
22nd Dec 2006, 13:02
It's only a slow puncture, what's wrong with a foot pump?:}

Duchess_Driver
22nd Dec 2006, 13:28
It's only a slow puncture, what's wrong with a foot pump?:}

Too fast for me....

Anyway, managed to get the fecker changed this morning, some slack in the schedule. £75.00 later - all because a nail was 2mm in the wrong place!

Still, managed to find a working air line for future use - but it costs 20p. Didn't air used to be free?

Rollingthunder
22nd Dec 2006, 13:38
£300 for a tyre.

That's a big mistake right there.

Choxolate
22nd Dec 2006, 13:44
Decent Air Lines ??

Virgin Atlantic aren't too bad (well someone had to say it)

PaperTiger
22nd Dec 2006, 17:02
To add to the list of things that make me so f:mad:ing :mad: I want to throw the phone down, gas stations (garages) here have started installing PAY air lines. I refuse to patronise them so I can't say what the charge is or how much 'air' you get for your money, but FARK me. :mad: