PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Ops Fleet Manager

Frosty Hoar
21st Dec 2006, 09:28
Can anyone approximate the net monthly salary range for this position?

any info appreciated,

rgds FH

ruserious
21st Dec 2006, 10:29
Depends on what the grade is. If the job title is Boeing Fleet Manager it is a grade 9, whereas if it is Manager Boeing Fleet, it is a Grade 10 position. Big difference in package

Frosty Hoar
21st Dec 2006, 21:23
It is grade 9

ruserious
22nd Dec 2006, 03:39
I am not an expert in this stuff and speak only from what I can gather from others in similar positions.

The first thing to understand about the grade system is that everyone earns differing amounts. If you work for the Cabin Crew side you generally get more than most other departments. The Flight Ops side does a bit better than other departments as well, but it is hard to define what the pay structure is. (Its all top secret) As a Grade 9 your privileges are the same as a First Officer, i.e housing, staff travel and provident fund. Specifically, Apartment accommodation if you have no kids, Business class sub-load travel and 12% of salary contribution by company towards a somewhat pathetic provident fund. You contribute 5% to the same said fund from your monthly wage.

As to your actual wages, and I am guessing here, they could range from as low as 12,000 AED up to maybe as high as 18,000. If I was guessing I would say about 16K per month.

Living on a grade 9's salary is not easy here, if you do join make sure you NEVER move out of company accommodation. Good luck.

Frosty Hoar
22nd Dec 2006, 10:24
ok thanks a lot for your help

guidoknigge
22nd Dec 2006, 11:59
Grade 9 package looks like this:

Basic salary AED 10k-15k based on previous experience and haggling skill.
Accomodation allowance of (I think) 96k per annum (or company provided accomodation).
Transport allowance of ~1K / month.
Education allowance of ~20k/annum/kid
Good mediacl package
Company puts an additional 15% of basic salary into a retirement fund.

Oh yes ... 55k interest free car loan.