PDA

View Full Version : Award rates?????

schoolboy
20th Dec 2006, 23:29
Just tried to justify/clarify pay rates for pilots.

Yesterday it was mentioned in respect to AA that "wagenet" was the place to seek correct wages. Can't find this now. It appears that you now go to "work choices" site.

Now when you follow pilots award, ie:AW792332, Pilots (General Aviation) Award 1998, the award only applies to ACT and NT.

How do I find out VIC,QLD,NSW, etc, and is the Pilots award ratified as a federal/state award?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

3 Holer
21st Dec 2006, 02:48
Go to the AFAP home page and follow the link (http://www.afap.org.au/files/RROI2261PX/Pilots%20GA%20AFAP.pdf).:ok:

schoolboy
21st Dec 2006, 09:26
Thank 3 holer.

Prior to your post I made a phone call to AFAP. Now I am really confused!:confused: :confused: :confused:

The award that they talk about is really up to conjecture.

1- The award is not acroos the board, in fact it was never meant for small GA companies. It was intended for the bigger players EG: low capacity RPT like Brindabella or the similar.

2- The award is only applicable to the employees of companies that responded to the award.

3- It was never set up to cater for the likes of scenic flights and tourism charter. Nor was it intended for junior pilots (200hour pilots) who are still considered to be in training (boo hoo).

4- The award is not common rule in QLD and NSW.

5- The voice on the other end of the phone actually questioned whether the pilots requesting the award were members of the AFAP, as it is their award (woops).

Now what do I say or do to get paid properly?

Torres
21st Dec 2006, 09:48
Bollocks!

If it was never meant for small GA companies why is it called Pilots' (General Aviation) Award 1988 and states:

"5.1 This Award applies in Australia and its Territories...." and

"5.2 This Award applies to the industry of persons employed in any capacity as pilots....."

And include aircraft "UTBNI 1,360 kg"?

It is now common law in all Australian States and Territories unless superceded by an approved agreement.

Read the Award! :ugh:

Bendo
21st Dec 2006, 10:25
Bit of a bloody worry if that is the situation according to the AFAP!

Would Mr Cox like to clarify? :ugh:

schoolboy
21st Dec 2006, 13:36
Torres, so touchy!

Don't shoot the messenger, don't think that others do not read the award.

AFAP staff (and one would have to have some faith in them!) made it quite clear of in respect to who and what the award applies too. Yes I agree it reads "Pilots (General Aviation) Award, and I agree that all of the other quotes that you make are also written in black and white, BUT.............
..........IT simply does not apply (their quotes not mine!)

If you read the entire article (on the web) it is quite clear who the respondants are, and if you go to "workchoices.gov.au-Search for award"
you will find the "Preserved Award AP792332" and the "Transitional Award AT792332", and both clearly state "Coverage-ACT NT"
Another piece to digest,
As at 01/12/06, PILOTS (GENERAL AVIATION) AWARD 1998,
Clause 6. WHO IS BOUND BY THIS AWARD?
The award is binding upon each of the employers and/or operators in Appendix A;...........

Like I said in earlier post, only on the respondants!

Further comments most welcome.:confused: :confused:

Bollocks!
If it was why is it called Pilots' (General Aviation) Award 1988 and states:
"5.1 This Award applies in Australia and its Territories...." and
"5.2 This Award applies to the industry of persons employed in any capacity as pilots....."
And include aircraft "UTBNI 1,360 kg"?
It is now common law in all Australian States and Territories unless superceded by an approved agreement.
Read the Award! :ugh:

metrosmoker
21st Dec 2006, 22:09
The award was made common rule to force the bottom feeders like NAC and AF to pay pilots. Before they thought turning the airconditioner on was enough incentive to come to work. If want to be paid properly you ring the respective govenrment agency.