PDA

View Full Version : Alligator Boys and Girls

drshmoo
20th Dec 2006, 07:21
Dear boyz and girls at AA. I heard that currently you are not receiving the single engine VFR award. When I was there I mentioned this and it was changed next pay period....Just a thought. They probably don't know this so a simple knock on the accounts door with wagenet website and all should be fixed. If your cheif pilot suggests that you should be happy with what your on already, gently remind him thats its the legal minimum. This info is about 2 months old so it may have been rectified in that time but prob not. Have fun during the wet season when you really earn your coin.

low orbit
20th Dec 2006, 22:52
Dear boyz and girls at AA.
They have what at Alligator???!?!?!
Girls you say???
not likely.................. :E

OCTA
21st Dec 2006, 04:44
"Dear boyz and girls at AA"

They had two but monty stopped that quick smart! Can't have anyone else prance/skip around the office and gigle like a school girl....:yuk:

Has he still got his collar up and those awsome shoes? :E He's so hot right now.

tinpis
21st Dec 2006, 04:47
Has CM sold the place and moved on?

Do they still do a basic floaty jolly around Kunnerwuckers?

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
21st Dec 2006, 05:50
G'day all,

What happened to CM and DP. Also do you have the HF freq for AA DNX base. Can you blokes also tell me where Steve B is I thought he would retire at AA.

Thanks in advance.

Wooblah.

RENURPP
21st Dec 2006, 06:10
Last I heard Steve was at Sunstate.

beaver_rotate
21st Dec 2006, 09:58
Do they still do a basic floaty jolly around Kunnerwuckers?

TINPIS: I think they speared the C206 float in didn't they?? Sure it was AA. Disregard if it isn't.... :=

redsnail
21st Dec 2006, 12:14
I think Steve's now with Virgin Blue.

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
22nd Dec 2006, 03:14
Thanks all,

Sure glad to hear Steve is doing well in VB Hope Craig and Doug are ok, it used to be a great place to work back in the 80's. Bungles and more bungles!;)

Merry Christmas,

Wooblah.

tinpis
8th Jan 2007, 18:49
Meanwhile someone went swimming AT THE IVANHOE CROSSING ???:ooh: :eek:

Bloody hell...

Kununurra crocodile attack

A man has described how he survived an attack by a saltwater crocodile in the far north of Western Australia.

Kerry York was swimming at the Ivanhoe Crossing near Kununurra on Saturday morning when he was bitten by a two-metre crocodile.

The 27-year-old has described how he was bitten on the neck, chest and left arm.

"I waded into the water up to about my shoulders and, yeah, then a crocodile grabbed me from underwater," he said.

"Bit me on me chest and on me neck ... and had another go at me and hit me on the arm.

"I didn't even see the croc. I just felt it grab me and then it took off."

Mr York says friends rushed him to hospital where he needed 11 stitches in his arm and four stitches in his neck.

"Yeah it did shock me at first, but I realised what had happened and got out of the water quick and then I climbed back out on the crossing and got some rags and put some pressure on it and stopped the bleeding," he said.

Mr York says he felt uneasy shortly before the attack.

"Actually as I entered the water I had a bit of a deja vu that a crocodile was going to get me, but not in that sort of way,(what else do crocs do??? have I missed something??? :E ) and so I was actually retreating from the water when it happened so I didn't really want to be there anyway," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200701/s1823325.htm

Waghi Warrior
8th Jan 2007, 21:28
What an idiot ! He's bloody lucky to be alive.

tinpis
8th Jan 2007, 23:11
And the world is a better place because he is still with us.....:rolleyes:

wingspan213
8th Jan 2007, 23:13
For those living in Kunners, Ivanhoe's crossing is a great place. Who hasn't waded across or thrown a line in? Crocs were never an issue.... many people still think there should be cullings done and I tend to agree, especially near population.
About AA not paying the award... bad form. But I doubt any of the pilots will do much about it because they need the job and even if the law says so... pilots can always say no.
Dr Schmoo... how do you like the left seat?

tinpis
8th Jan 2007, 23:37
Wading on the crossing is ok been there done that...

Would you swim on either side especially the downstream side?

This buffoon wasnt on the crossing if he was up to his neck in water.....:uhoh:

yachtno1
13th Jan 2007, 21:50
Could tis be a Darwhine award recipient ?;)

the wizard of auz
13th Jan 2007, 22:30
I saw his interview on tele after the event........... I think the crock let him go as there was nothing in his head to eat. either that or he suffered some brain damage during the attack. He really wasn't clever enough to qualify for the Darwin awards. :eek:

Pinky the pilot
14th Jan 2007, 06:20
Standing by to be corrected but was'nt the croc's rejected snack a member of the NT's Constabulary?:confused:

If so you'd think that he should definitely have known better!!

Pseudonymn
14th Jan 2007, 07:11
No Pinky. That was the one that went snorkelling in the Torres Strait. (http://abc.net.au/news/australia/qld/cairns/200701/s1823507.htm)

The Voice
14th Jan 2007, 10:32
he croc's rejected snack a member of the NT's Constabulary
um, nah ah, to make it worse he is a member of QLD'S finest, AND he's been on station up there 16 something years!

tinpis
14th Jan 2007, 18:03
Crocs wont eat pork:rolleyes:

Pinky the pilot
16th Jan 2007, 04:19
Now Tinny, How did I know that you would say that!!:D
Well, I knew someone would!!

sprucegoose
16th Jan 2007, 13:11
SB been at VB for about 3 years!