PDA

View Full Version : Xmas Bonus

Poontang Luva
18th Dec 2006, 23:22
Hello all,

Just curious as to what kind of xmas bonus/gesture/gift, if any, your company has given you this year.

Merry Xmas!;)

despegue
18th Dec 2006, 23:25
Not even an on-time roster...:mad:

lennu
19th Dec 2006, 01:04
Wots that ??? :confused:

lennu

Scorpion1080
19th Dec 2006, 05:51
$13 dollars added to my payslip.

Or is it $14 dollars this year?

:sad:

Clandestino
19th Dec 2006, 06:15
135€ Christmass bonus for me and 45€ for my kid:ok: .

Wipeout
19th Dec 2006, 06:28
Absolutely none! Just the usual "thanks for all your hard work, we've made record operating profits, and the shareholders are all contented"

:ouch: :ugh:

dv8
19th Dec 2006, 09:22
£10 M&S voucher or a frozen turkey if you are based at EXT

fly-dj
19th Dec 2006, 10:01
Nope just the £10 at M&S, no sign of the frozen (usually very defrosted by the time we get to pick them up) turkeys this year at EXT.

BusBoy
19th Dec 2006, 10:20
Why should we expect anything special on 25th Dec?
We accept the role and as such accept that we work on festive days

BORN4THESKYS
19th Dec 2006, 10:23
No bonus, no gift, I don't know! Although was asked to pay £20 to attend christmas bash, nibbles and drinks included, nice!!!!:(

SX737
19th Dec 2006, 11:12
Over here (SX) the 13th salary is mandatory by state law for everybody that works. Now its up to the companies to give you something extra which usually don´t.

great expectations
19th Dec 2006, 11:54
;)
Christmas Bonus??? Is that question for REAL?

Bus Boy, ur a nightmare.

Ivor Fynn
19th Dec 2006, 12:27
Well as far as I know I've still got a job, they haven't sacked anyone this week. However, It's only Tuesday!!!!

Ivor:bored: :bored:

londonmet
19th Dec 2006, 12:29
Well as far as I know I've still got a job, they haven't sacked anyone this week. However, It's only Tuesday!!!!

Ivor:bored: :bored:

What airline?!

Too Few Stripes
19th Dec 2006, 12:58
Management have managed to make as many cutbacks as humanly possible and offered a paltry below RPI wage rise (already many months late). Company has made record profits this year compared to last 5 years. So, no bonus for line pilots as all the savings are diverted to the management bonus scheme - Bah Humbug!

TFS ;)

matkat
19th Dec 2006, 13:12
Nothing but as a highly paid contractor I do not expect anything.

omnidirectional737
19th Dec 2006, 13:46
Christmas day and boxing day off, thats a bonus!

Dct_Bombi
19th Dec 2006, 14:20
A Luggage Tag:{
Makes a great water skimming projectile:D

Lousy Xxxxxxxxx:=

south coast
19th Dec 2006, 14:33
Name and shame your companies...worth a laugh.

Although I dont actually expect anything from the company I work for, so if they do give us something, great!

Netjets

brain fade
19th Dec 2006, 14:51
Where I work............BACON ..............we get a Christmas Bonfus.

Yes, I know.........there's no 'f' in bonus.:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

tiggerific_69
19th Dec 2006, 15:41
Brain fade,i was about to say,im still waiting for last year's xmas bonus!!!

Easy Ryder
22nd Dec 2006, 13:07
Got a crappy luggage tag as a reward for being leisure airline of the year...... Think ill ebay it.

No xmas bonus, in previous years we got a 25quid M&S gift voucher.

Nice thankyou considering the airline's making some its biggest profits this year....

I got a better bonus from my previous jobs back in the day when the salaries were less than 15k. Non aviation mind you!

Merry :mad: Xmas Monarch

Office Pest
22nd Dec 2006, 13:19
Well easy ryder you will insist on staying there.
Anyway I am sure that luggage tag will be indispensible in your future career.
Have a good one,
Office Pest.

Easy Ryder
22nd Dec 2006, 14:17
hehe!! :E

Let me know what the big squeezy give ya next yr bud!

merry xmas and happy new year! :ok:

Glamgirl
22nd Dec 2006, 22:05
My Xmas bonus is a 6am check in on boxing day.... I feel so lucky!!!!

Actually I don't mind, really. Considering how others in the world have a pretty horrible time, I feel rather priviledged.:)

Merry Christmas to all, hope all your dreams come true

BYALPHAINDIA
23rd Dec 2006, 00:04
Got a crappy luggage tag as a reward for being leisure airline of the year...... Think ill ebay it.

No xmas bonus, in previous years we got a 25quid M&S gift voucher.

Nice thankyou considering the airline's making some its biggest profits this year....

I got a better bonus from my previous jobs back in the day when the salaries were less than 15k. Non aviation mind you!

Merry :mad: Xmas Monarch

It is so long ago I have forgotten what an xmas bonus is?

Could be: Neighbours shouting & Swearing!
Xmas eating away at your patience!
Visiting relatives who you don't see anyway!
Police all over the place!
A trash load of TV!
The Wife spending unnecessary!
Miserable weather e.g LHR!

Sadly in many Airline's views staff are not a 'Person' they are a 'Number' now!

But you are the 'Link' of the chain for them, And without you they would be no Monarch!

Merry Xmas + A Happy Yule Year.;)

empacher48
23rd Dec 2006, 01:30
Xmas Bonus: Extra fortnight's pay, over and above the salary I normally make... :ok:

Not bad for a GA pilot in NZ!!

POL.777
23rd Dec 2006, 02:22
My xmas bonus; extra extra long days due to "unforeseen" wx conditions! Better hit the sack, in 10 hours I will give it another try. Getting fecking tired of this neverending fog.:eek:

somewhat bitter landing gear operator.

Happy xmas.

ImperialxRat
23rd Dec 2006, 02:31
$35 towards dinner, put on the company card =)

-Imp

Sonny Hammond
23rd Dec 2006, 02:32
QANTAS- I was going to complain about the 50c diary complete with a phone list that is accurate until the next round of rentrenchments (about 2 weeks).

Then I read these posts and thought, yep these guys get sweetFA, and I get a crappy diary. Maybe I am doing OK.

BUT THEN, What do office working plebs get? Christmas parties, guaranteed days off and some sort of a decent pressy.

We are chumps, aren't we?

Fly3
23rd Dec 2006, 06:02
Christmas bonus: Diddly-squat!
Had Christmas Day off but they have now taken that away as well!

max autobrakes
23rd Dec 2006, 09:26
I'll swap your baggage tag for a crappy Qantas diary.

ToneTheWone
23rd Dec 2006, 11:07
Even Emerald used to give a £10 voucher and signed Christmas card.

Better than a poke in the eye:ok:

BYMONEK
23rd Dec 2006, 12:24
Personally, I'd find it a complete insult to be given a voucher with a face value of £10. Bearing in mind the Company probably got a 15-20% bulk discount from the retailer , you're worth £8! Send it back to them. They need it more than you by the sound of it.

Better than a poke in the eye? It is a poke in the eye!

Defenestrator
23rd Dec 2006, 12:56
The boss didn't front with any additional coin but the customer dropped a 1000 euros into the sky rocket, each, on arrival. No complaints about that let me tell ya. Wifey will get some nice jewellery this Christmas :ok:

D

Bealzebub
23rd Dec 2006, 14:44
Personally, I'd find it a complete insult to be given a voucher with a face value of £10. Bearing in mind the Company probably got a 15-20% bulk discount from the retailer , you're worth £8! Send it back to them. They need it more than you by the sound of it.
Better than a poke in the eye? It is a poke in the eye!

Actually any payment like this constitutes a benefit as far as the revenue are concerned in the Uk. In fact the company has to pay the the tax on the voucher. The tax payment is then considered a benefit and tax has to paid on that etc. So in fact your £10 voucher probably costs them something like £16.60.

I think these vouchers are simply a gesture sent out with the Christmas card and if you want to feel insulted it probably says more about you than it does them. Lets be honest these are small tokens rather than an integral part of your contract. Anything is a bonus.

jayteeto
23rd Dec 2006, 15:13
A bottle of brandy with a handwritten gift tag. Don't expect anything so its a bonus!! 12 hr shifts, Days xmas eve, nights xmas day and boxing day, days new years eve and new years day. Brandy will have to wait until january...:ok:

Mike Mercury
23rd Dec 2006, 15:42
come on brainfade, we've been given the choice between a P45 or a change of employer.:hmm:

Jockflyer
23rd Dec 2006, 19:02
We got £600, which I think is pretty good.:ok:

Easy Ryder
23rd Dec 2006, 20:58
We got £600, which I think is pretty good.:ok:

Now thats what i'm talkin about!! :ok: :ok:

rduarte
24th Dec 2006, 07:52
Xmas Bonus ? I have my Xmas eve in a Hotel in Pakistan, and a december 25th flight to Jeddah with pilgrims on board ! :hmm:
Merry X-Mas everybody.
RD

George Foreman
9th Jan 2007, 23:46
On behalf of the company, the captain bought us all Chrimbo Dinner at Little India in Khartoum. The most tax-friendly way to reward us, evidently. And very nice it was too .. maybe I'm too easily pleased :)

George

dash6
9th Jan 2007, 23:59
Late call,but FCA got £30 per head fine dining! if you were down line. and the pleasure of not being down line if you were'nt.
And a happy new year to one and all..

Dehavillandman
10th Jan 2007, 00:02
I got a christmas ornament, emblazioned with the company logo. Pretty nice considering some previous employers. cheers:ouch:

Gullyone
10th Jan 2007, 05:48
Does OAT count? All instructors got dinner in a posh hotel and two bottles of wine. Must admit I was surprised

touch&go
10th Jan 2007, 12:12
Christmas bonus, well when I use to fly for a small turbo prop operator we use to joke 'keeping our job for another year was our Christmas bonus', company was not in good shape.

fernytickles
10th Jan 2007, 12:33
A friend who works for a local commuter airline said that last year they each got a $5- gift voucher to MacDonalds!! Must be to help them retain their medicals by healthy eating?

My Christmas this year was extremely generous and much appreciated - cash and a party and a present. :ok: