PDA

View Full Version : PMA Innsworth (Contact number needed)

toysforboys
18th Dec 2006, 11:57
Have got the ext i need to phone at PMA. Does anyone know the full number i need to phone to use ext? Only got military number and i am at home today.

Thanks

Bladdered
18th Dec 2006, 12:03
Innsworth is 01452 712612

toysforboys
18th Dec 2006, 12:10
thanks again

London Mil
18th Dec 2006, 12:22
Won the lottery, can't wait to PVR or got a sniff of promotion? Must be important to call the Centre of Excellence on a day off. :O

Prijon
18th Dec 2006, 14:34
When PMA briefed us a while ago, they said that their new catchphrase was "we're not happy until you're not happy". Pure genius!

Talking Radalt
18th Dec 2006, 15:07
Make the most of it....A while ago I got put through to Binnsworth by mistake.
When the muppet on the other end realised someone from the preverbial coalface had managed to get through and air their grievance directly, the stuck up windbag promptly stated "I'm the equivalent of a Wing Commander, I don't have to talk to people like you" and hung up on me. :hmm:

GlosMikeP
18th Dec 2006, 15:11
Make the most of it....A while ago I got put through to Binnsworth by mistake.
When the muppet on the other end realised someone from the preverbial coalface had managed to get through and air their grievance directly, the stuck up windbag promptly stated "I'm the equivalent of a Wing Commander, I don't have to talk to people like you" and hung up on me. :hmm:
Stuck-up windbag the equivalent of a Wg Cdr would be a civil service Grade 7 or whatever it's called this week.

Put in an official complaint aginst him for breaching the civil service code if you feel strongly enough about it. Frankly, you don't have to put up with abject bloody rudeness from him or anyone else.

Lafyar Cokov
18th Dec 2006, 16:50
When PMA briefed us a while ago, they said that their new catchphrase was "we're not happy until you're not happy". Pure genius!

I guess they are all pretty happy then!!!! (No offence DF!!)

Jimlad1
18th Dec 2006, 17:03
" "I'm the equivalent of a Wing Commander, I don't have to talk to people like you" and hung up on me"

As a MOD CS (and part time matelot) may I apologise to you on behalf of the 99% of the MOD who would regard such individuals as total cnuts of the highest order. Sadly there is a very small minority of pathetic losers who actually get high on being called "Equivalent to". Please understand that these muppets are derided by all their colleagues, who regard them with unbridled contempt. To most peoples minds, there is nothing more pathetic than to claim entitlement to something you've not EARNED. Its walt like behaviour of the highest order.

Please don't assume that the rest of us are like this! (That said its a great way to get a rise out of most service personnel for a laugh though:ok: )

DESPERADO
18th Dec 2006, 22:19
I did note with amusement on the PMA site the other day that:
"The PMA 'Open Door Policy' is closed until further notice"
Like all humourless mandarins, no sense of irony.

The Helpful Stacker
18th Dec 2006, 22:29
" "I'm the equivalent of a Wing Commander, I don't have to talk to people like you" and hung up on me"

As a MOD CS (and part time matelot) may I apologise to you on behalf of the 99% of the MOD who would regard such individuals as total cnuts of the highest order. Sadly there is a very small minority of pathetic losers who actually get high on being called "Equivalent to". Please understand that these muppets are derided by all their colleagues, who regard them with unbridled contempt. To most peoples minds, there is nothing more pathetic than to claim entitlement to something you've not EARNED. Its walt like behaviour of the highest order.

Please don't assume that the rest of us are like this! (That said its a great way to get a rise out of most service personnel for a laugh though:ok: )

The SWO's side-kick at Odious mentioned that she was "the equivalent to a Warrant Officer" to me once, so I reminded her that the only actual rank she attained was that of a JT bomb head during her previous, reckonable service.

'Equivalent to' civvies, :mad:

allan907
18th Dec 2006, 23:23
get through and air their grievance directly,

So was this a polite "I have a problem" call or was it a one way tirade where one didn't let the facts get in the way of a good rant?

If the former then I agree with all the subsequent posts - the guy's a rank conscious idiot.

If the latter, however, then it's no surprise that the guy reminded Radalt that some common couresy was called for and then hung up.

Treat people right and you might just get the same treatment in return!

Jimlad1
19th Dec 2006, 07:19
"The SWO's side-kick at Odious mentioned that she was "the equivalent to a Warrant Officer" to me once, so I reminded her that the only actual rank she attained was that of a JT bomb head during her previous, reckonable service."

Which in Civil Service terms makes her an E1, or a very lowly and insignificant administration grade. Yet again proof that the equivalency system doesn't really work.

BluntedAtBirth
19th Dec 2006, 10:34
Top tip for ringing bits of the MOD when you don't have the number handy.

1 Get phone book and ring nearest (because it is cheapest) establishment of any Service.

2. Wait until disembodied voice says 'or hold for the operator'.

3. Request unit/number of your desire.

Let the MOD pay for your call, it has got bags of money...

SaddamsLoveChild
19th Dec 2006, 10:41
thats presuming the illiterate idiot on the other end a) un derstands you, b) has the number against the right name in the database, c) connects you to the right number.

They get the same amount of money whether they connect you to the right number or not. Cnuts!:ugh:

Bladdered
19th Dec 2006, 11:00
thats presuming the illiterate idiot on the other end a) un derstands you, b) has the number against the right name in the database, c) connects you to the right number.

They get the same amount of money whether they connect you to the right number or not. Cnuts!:ugh:

Regrettably, you get what you pay for!!

Jimlad1
19th Dec 2006, 14:26
"£thats presuming the illiterate idiot on the other end a) un derstands you, b) has the number against the right name in the database, c) connects you to the right number"

I've lost count of the times I've been told that they don't have a number for HMS COLLINGWOOD or SULTAN - maybe they were at sea?