PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas to all PPruners

The Swinging Monkey
18th Dec 2006, 06:31
Ladies and Gentlemen,

As we begin the final week leading up to Crimbo, I just wanted to wish all PPruners a safe and Happy Christmas and a very Peaceful New Year. As always, 2006 has been another lively and entertaining year for prune, and Danny, well done as always.

I especially want us just to spare a few moments for all of our friends and colleagues who will not be with us this Christmas, but who will be spending Christmas away again, OOA, keeping us safe and probably living in some shabby old tent. I want you all to know that those of us back here in Blighty, are thinking of you at this time, and hope that you will soon be back home, safe in the arms of those you love, miss and cherish so much.

Likewise, many of us will be raising a glass or two to our fallen friends and heroes that many of us have lost of late. Tears will flow once again as we remember the loss of beloved friends and colleagues, but let us try to take heart in the knowledge of the great times we had with them all, and that they were loved and admired by so many of us. Our memories live forever.

Mrs SM and myself, and I'm sure millions of others will raise a few glasses to you all over the coming few days, and we hope you will get the opportunity to do likewise. Irrespective of whatever service you are, Fly safe and God Bless.

Kind regards and a Very Merry Christmas to all
TSM

Chugalug2
18th Dec 2006, 16:00
:ok: Fine sentiments indeed SM and which I heartily endorse!
To all of you who are serving Queen and Country, wherever you are, in what ever role, in whatever service, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from one who was civilianised many many years ago! The comradeship I knew in the RAF I will always treasure, for whatever the challenges, whatever the privations, it is that which keeps you going and gets the job done. Look after one another and stay safe. Respect to you all. :D
Chug

Jackonicko
18th Dec 2006, 16:13
May I add my own Christmas Greetings to all here, and especially to those who will be enduring a harsher Christmas than I will, to ensure that the rest of us enjoy our mince pies in peace.

And I believe that the boys at the Guardian say:

Hvea a veyr Hapyp Chritsmsa.

SASless
18th Dec 2006, 16:56
For My Liberal, Secular Progressive, and Democrat Friends:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2007, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting these greetings, you are accepting the aforementioned terms as stated. This greeting is not subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wishor to actually implement any of the wishes for herself/himself/others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wishor.

For My Other Friends:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

airborne_artist
18th Dec 2006, 16:59
May 2007 bring you success, and your enemies fear and worse.

Enjoy Christmas where ever you are, as we raise a toast to all who serve in the name of freedom.

Exrigger
18th Dec 2006, 17:51
I would also like to heartily concur with the sentiments of the others on this forum, regardless of political or religious persuasion I wish you the best of the season and I and mine have you and yours in our thoughts.

splitbrain
18th Dec 2006, 19:01
I especially want us just to spare a few moments for all of our friends and colleagues who will not be with us this Christmas, but who will be spending Christmas away again, OOA, keeping us safe and probably living in some shabby old tent. I want you all to know that those of us back here in Blighty, are thinking of you at this time, and hope that you will soon be back home, safe in the arms of those you love, miss and cherish so much.

Hear, hear

Being away from home seems to have a greater poignancy at christmas, particularly to those with small kids. You only get so many chances to see your little ones in the nativity play.

Keep safe guys and girls.

Colonal Mustard
18th Dec 2006, 19:42
Ladies and Gentlemen,
keeping us safe and probably living in some shabby old tent.
TSM

What`s wrong wiv me howce in london:rolleyes:

Safeware
18th Dec 2006, 20:35
Merry Christmas to all, esp those serving away from their loved ones for whatever reason.

May the best of this year be the worst of next year.

sw

Spacer
19th Dec 2006, 16:26
Merry Christmas to one and all, and my thoughts are with those no longer with us. We raise a glass to them all, plus all those OOA this Xmas :)

Winco
19th Dec 2006, 21:14
Yes, I echo everything that has been written here.
Like many others, I too have lost many good friends this year, and it has been difficult for us all.

Perhaps I could just add to Swinging Monkeys sentiments and ask that we all make an effort this christmas to keep in touch with the families of those that are operating away from home, as well as those who have lost loved ones. It takes little effort, but will give a great deal of comfort for those families.

We will all raise (numerous) glasses to you all, and keep you in our thoughts at this very special time. God Bless and keep safe.

Merry Christmas
The Winco & Wife

Tombstone
20th Dec 2006, 11:09
May I take this opportunity to concur with everything that has been written on this thread.

A very merry Christmas & a happy, safe new year to all of you, wherever you are.

If you're still not sure what to ask the wife to buy you as a stocking filler, may I offer you a this as an idea:

http://blog.broomfieldpcdoctors.com/?p=19

Tombs.

Rigga
20th Dec 2006, 13:43
TSM
With a speech like that, you should get plenty of jobs as a Toastmaster. I concurr with all

"Mry xms + gd nw Yr"
From a (now) ex-relative.

Mr & Mrs Rigga and all the little rig-pigs.