PDA

View Full Version : How do you load SLF?

Navy_Adversary
17th Dec 2006, 23:00
Usually when I fly on an aircraft is is 98% full so this question didn't come into my head until recently.
I was flying Bangkok Airways A320 from BKK-KWL (Guilin, China), being a biggish chap I requested an exit row seat on check in, I was given 11A.
On the flight there were only about 60 pax, quite a few at the front and the rest towards the rear.
Not many in the middle, plus 11D-F were empty, no-one to open the exit if required.
So the question is do you have a software programme to load an aircraft which if it is lightly loaded ensures the correct C of G? Also how about the hold?
I seem to remember a few years ago an aircraft had problems when after a stopover the remaining pax were all sat at the rear.
TIA

Leezyjet
18th Dec 2006, 23:50
How do you load SLF?

Usually through a jet bridge, but occasionally with steps.

:E

Navy_Adversary
19th Dec 2006, 17:16
Thanks for that flyboy, another issue is the exit row seats, just my observations from the BKK-KWL-BKK flights.
The outbound flight was lightly loaded but no-one sat by the emergency wing exit starboard side, FA or Pax. I sat port side but no FA made sure I was able to use the exit correctly in the event of an emergency.

On the return flight I was starboard side, on the port side were 3 middle aged oriental ladies who hadn't been drinking but it was obvious they wouldn't have had a clue what to do in the event of an emergency. I don't think that they even knew that they were sitting on an emergency exit row.Whilst the aircraft was taxying after landing one of them unfastened her seat belt and stood up.
Also pax get up and go to the toilet whilst the aircraft is on the approach, even though the seat belt sign has been on for about 15 mins
In Asia both airlines and pax do not seem to maintain the discipline of dare I say it the British when it comes to safety issues.
At Guilin airport there is a smoking lounge but the Chinese just smoked normally in the bar area whch was no smoking, nobody said a word.
By the way I actually like Bangkok Airways, I have yet to experience some of those 'Russian type' airlines.

higherflyer
20th Dec 2006, 12:07
How do you load SLF?

Don't they load themselves?

Maude Charlee
20th Dec 2006, 16:56
I always preferred to use gloves, a big pointy stick and lots of rude words. :}

redfield
21st Dec 2006, 20:01
Maude Charlee - you forgot the steel capped boots!

clicker
21st Dec 2006, 20:40
Carefully, some can bite.

WHBM
22nd Dec 2006, 08:33
I always preferred to use gloves, a big pointy stick and lots of rude words.
It must be a real disappointment to some (in particular the immigration officials marshalling the queues when arriving at US airports) that they cannot be issued with cattle prods for this task :)

TotalBeginner
3rd Jan 2007, 16:47
I can only describe how it works in our company. Normally seat allocation is left totally up to the check-in agent. They are asked to periodically check the bay split to ensure an even(ish) spread. If the booked load for a flight is low, then the loadcontroller or dispatcher will weight restrict the bays. This means that only so many seats can be used in each bay which will influence the seating distribution. Our Departure Control System is capable of automatically allocating seats(although we never use it), all that needs to be specified is window or aisle.

underread east
3rd Jan 2007, 18:14
Cattle class = Cattle prod??

bruppy
4th Jan 2007, 21:37
I always preferred to use gloves, a big pointy stick and lots of rude words. :}

Oh I see you deal with Ryanair pax as well!!:D ;)