PDA

View Full Version : Concern For Fellow Prooners This Christmastide

tiggerific_69
17th Dec 2006, 12:28
Ladies and Gentleman
Christmas is coming, and we should be looking out for one another,not just all year round but particularly at this time of year, when people may be lonely, bereaved, separated, depressed, or even those who are injured, people who are suffering, even those who think they do not need help or a friend at christmas. I ask of you, to take a look around you, and spare a thought for those who may need a caring friend this christmas.

Caring Prooners (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255725&page=3)

Merry Christmas one and all, and spread the Christmas Cheer.

DX Wombat
17th Dec 2006, 13:12
Excellent idea Tigger! :ok:
I'm off to do a bit of telephoning. ;)

tiggerific_69
17th Dec 2006, 13:21
Thats the spirit :D

Foss
17th Dec 2006, 13:41
Tigger
Very nice thought.
The dog thread's been closed for some reason.
But just to let you know. I had a three hour wait to get seen in A&E this morning. A mate drove me there.
'Vell, you have been hit with something, maybe twice. I also think you have been, er, kicked, because your intercostal muscles on your left side, they hay been displaced.'
The spelling is intentional this time. I hope.
He was a nice Asian guy.
'Vell, your pupils are okay. But it's pretty much healed up'
'Squeeze my fingers, thankyou.'
Well they got a hell of a lot of squeeze.
Had to go to X-ray and get a head shot.
Hours later.
'Velll, it not a fracture, but you have a severe concussion. Who cut your hair.'
'My doctor.'
Asian doctor guy 'Hmm, right, don't drive for a couple of days, how are getting home.'
Fos
Sorry massive thread hijack

DX Wombat
17th Dec 2006, 13:52
Who cares about the hi-jack? :) ;) I'm just so glad you have been seen and at least had an xray. I'm sure my relief will be felt by many in PPRuNe.:ok:

tiggerific_69
17th Dec 2006, 13:56
Glad that you went Fos, i think we are all relieved now that you've been and had some X-Rays too.Lets hope the idiot doesnt get up to too much mischief while youre recovering.
Take it easy :ok:

G-CPTN
17th Dec 2006, 13:58
Christmas is a time for contacting old friends (and family) and feeling that they are safe and well for another year. Mrs G-CPTN had a response from a card to say that her best friend at college had succumbed to cancer earlier in the year. It's a sad case as said friend was working within the same organisation as Mrs G-C and living within the same big town where they had attended college 35 years previously. She had failed to keep in touch - and now it's too late.
Keep in touch with all those that you treasure, because it's probably impossible when they're gone.
Meanwhile, let's hope that those who are sick or injured will find strength from within (supported by their friends and loved ones) to recover and live on to enjoy life for a long while yet.
Pleased to hear of your progress, Fos, and here's hoping that a full recovery will ensue. As one who HAS experienced severe concussion (and recovered, albeit over a lengthy period) I'm keeping my eyes and legs crossed for you. If needs be wear a bandage so that you get some sympathy from strangers . . .

tiggerific_69
17th Dec 2006, 14:09
I know what you mean G-C.I used to see my oldest friend,who i have known & played with since i was about two years old,every day after school and at weekends for years and years.Even when we went to college,we still managed to see each other a lot.Then in 2004 she went to St Andrews Uni,and now i only speak to her 3 or 4 times a year,and see her once or twice a year.Its sad, we used to spend so much time together. She has massive ambitions, but is a sufferer of Cystic Fibrosis.Now we're in our twenties,time is suddenly ticking even faster, and before we know it,time may run out.
Good message G-C.

pigboat
18th Dec 2006, 02:08
Great news Foss. :ok:

eastern wiseguy
18th Dec 2006, 03:08
What an amazing board.......I cannot think of any other internet forum that would display ANY let alone any true feelings towards it fellow inhabitants....well done PPrune:D

Foss hope you're well...I am in Bangor if a pint would help!

EW