PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Reference from the employer

ade_fly
15th Dec 2006, 18:48
Hi guys
I need your help. I used to work for an airline company and now I m joining for another one. Apparently she wrote and she confirmed by phone that I ve been sacked. It's not true. The new company wants a proof for what I m saying, but the previous one doesn't want to do anything. Also this ex manager confirmed to me that she never said that.
Anyone can suggest me what can I do? Can I sue them for wrong reference? The problem now they put me in a bad light and I don't deserve it.
I m working for another airline and I resigned and previously it never happened anything like that.
That's horrible and I swear I never been sacked. Any help guys??

thanks
Ade

apaddyinuk
15th Dec 2006, 18:50
I would get intouch with your solicitor and get legal advice. Im sure you can sue for slander on this one. It seems bang out of line, almost something like Qatar Airways would do! :ugh:

ade_fly
15th Dec 2006, 18:52
Hi there
is not Qatar. but trust me for what they did there is not any excuse. She hated me since I joined there. I had very bad period and now they have to pay everything.
I ve got loads of people they can say that I resigned even one of them wrote the resignation letter for me.
I dreamed that job and now this horrible company put me in very bad light.
That's not fair.

r3please
16th Dec 2006, 10:46
Defamation of character, you should see a lawyer a sue them. If you can't afford a lawyer visit a citizen advice bureu and get free advice.

You can also contact ACAS at www.acas.org.uk

6chimes
16th Dec 2006, 11:19
A lesson there for anyone who might have an enemy at work with the position to screw you over.............keep a copy of your resignation later, send it to yourself and don't open it so the post mark validates the date!

Capt.Tentacles
22nd Dec 2006, 03:11
My sincere advice, SUE the living heck outta her.......
Just my .02 cents.....

Good Luck!

ade_fly
22nd Dec 2006, 18:23
My sincere advice, SUE the living heck outta her.......
Just my .02 cents.....

Good Luck!

At the moment I don't know how can I deal. I called last monday the union and I still waiting the call back. I m paying every month and that's the result.
I might got by a solicitor and it's unfair that I have to do on my own and don't be supported by union....

The only thing that I can say is the previous company denied that reference..... that's incredible!!!