PDA

View Full Version : NORAD tracks Santa...

Rapscallion
15th Dec 2006, 18:12
NORAD is the bi-national U.S.-Canadian military organization responsible for the aerospace defense of the United States and Canada.

For more than 50 years, NORAD and its predecessor, the Continental Air Defense Command (CONAD) have tracked Santa.

For those who haven't seen it before...

http://www.noradsanta.org/en/default.php :)

ZOFO
15th Dec 2006, 18:21
Rapscallion

Thanks for the Link my two youngsters will love this later on, brought back memories of when I used to work in the Commcen on Xmas eve and we used to always receive the RAFAN Signal in late at night to warn aircrew etc of Santa's Flight Plan:ok:

Zofo

BEagle
15th Dec 2006, 18:52
I preferred the voice which came over the Q-speakers one Christmas:

"This is God. It's a boy!"

The joys of New Year Q at (pre-dung eater) Wattisham. We saw the New Year in, then the DFC thought it woud be a nice gesture to ring our colleagues on Battle Flight at Wilders...

Ring...ring...ring... "Wildenrath Battle Flight!"

"Happy New Year from UK southern Q, chasps!"

"It f*ck*ng was an hour ago, you ar$e! It's just after 0100 here in the Reich and we're trying to get some zees. So Happy New Year to you and $OD OFF!"

"Ooops - sorreeee!!"

Rapscallion
24th Dec 2006, 13:32
1430Z Christmas Eve: 4 sightings by NORAD so far... ;)

Merry Christmas to all. :ok:

Almost_done
24th Dec 2006, 14:15
The two younger A-Ds are running up and down the stairs every 10-15 min to see where Santa is. :} (It's also good for their geography)

Ah one of the better uses of the internet:) Well done to NORAD for keeping up with tradition. :D

Daysleeper
24th Dec 2006, 15:54
I hate to be the one to question the mighty NORAD but do they know what time it is?

Sat here in the UK I'm fairly sure its 1655z (GMT, UTC, whatever) only their clock says 19:44 and has Santa over Romania at 19:40..... :hmm:

AdanaKebab
24th Dec 2006, 19:21
B*llox to NORAD, they haven't a monopoly on Santa.
When he's here, he's tracked by Boulmer and will be tonight.;)