PDA

View Full Version : Bob Hawke

zebedee
14th Dec 2006, 22:03
Can anyone remember the "famous" phrase Bob used during the '89 strike? Was it overpaid bus drivers, overpaid tram drivers, or overpaid something else. I need this quick, boys and girls.
Thanks
Zeb

punkalouver
14th Dec 2006, 22:11
Could it be......"most cosseted group of employees in the world"

OzExpat
14th Dec 2006, 22:17
I'd really prefer not to further enhance a topic that has already been done to death. About the only other thing I remember Hawke saying was on the occasion when we beat the Yanks for the Americas Cup. His words, as far as I recall them, were :- Any employer who doesn't give staff the day off to celebrate is a mug.

In light of a comment like that, can we possibly expect anything else he said to be taken seriously?:ugh:

zebedee
14th Dec 2006, 22:20
If it has been done to death, can someone point me in the right direction. I'm not intersted in debating the circumstances, I just need the simple answer.
Zeb

TimS
14th Dec 2006, 22:21
Easy, use Google.....

"Bob Hawke summed it up when he said pilots are just glorified bus drivers, and he was right. "

chemical alli
14th Dec 2006, 23:04
to issue a response to tims ,i am probably naive as i am sure you are just casting baits .i will bite but only to say how dare you treat an issue that still has wide reaching ramifications today with such contempt,some peoples livly hood was destroyed and others their careers,mates were lost.so tims what exactly do you do!
dont get any glue on your fingers when your putting together your airfix kit of that 747 :oh:

Best foot forward
15th Dec 2006, 01:15
Definition

Consultant: Someone you employ to tell you the time and he borrows your watch to do it.

ScottyDoo
15th Dec 2006, 13:37
to issue a response to tims ,i am probably naive as i am sure you are just casting baits .i will bite but only to say how dare you treat an issue that still has wide reaching ramifications today with such contempt,some peoples livly hood was destroyed and others their careers,mates were lost.so tims what exactly do you do!
dont get any glue on your fingers when your putting together your airfix kit of that 747

Easy big fella, by the positioning of the quotes, tims is just answering the question, not venturing an opinion.

Mug....!! :rolleyes: