PDA

View Full Version : Downright Disgusting - Be Warned

mickerick2
14th Dec 2006, 16:14
Did you read the article in the Daily Mail on Tuesday 12 December.
Unfortunatley I can't get a link to the story and its distgusting graphic picture.

In Belgium,In the process of making FOIE GRAS pate male and femail duckings are sorted to use only the males.
The females are of no use to the makers of the pate.
So,they are discarded and killed in a disgusting totally inhuman cruel way.

WHILST STILL ALIVE THEY ARE THROWN INTO A MINCER TYPE MACHINE AND SHREDDED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Whoever designed this disgusting system should have his NUTS shredded !!!!!

rugmuncher
14th Dec 2006, 16:34
The excellent taste of fresh duck meat degrades soon after death, to ensure the best taste is maintained the mincer is the most effective method available.

Also, I'm sure they break their wings and legs before so they can't get away!

Not too different from lobster in water !

So that's that one put to bed then !:ok:

BTW: It tastes fantastic!

:ouch:

haughtney1
14th Dec 2006, 16:41
mmmmm just like when I go duck shooting and you just wing one, we hold the head and spin the body around...sometimes the head comes off in your hand:E or the neck makes a nice satisfying "CRACK"

Lovely taste...:ok:

XXTSGR
14th Dec 2006, 16:44
The excellent taste of fresh duck meat degrades soon after deathWhat complete and utter nonsense. Duck, like all game birds, is at its best shot and then hung for a few days until it is high.

haughtney1
14th Dec 2006, 16:50
What complete and utter nonsense. Duck, like all game birds, is at its best shot and then hung for a few days until it is high.

Its actually better if you pluck and gut on the sameday......otherwise things start going green:yuk:

If all you are interested in breast meat..then perhaps hanging is an option..otherwise you need to clean asap:ok:

MyData
14th Dec 2006, 17:21
I'm sure they break their wings and legs before so they can't get away!

The do in China, saw it in a street market where the live ducks / chickens are laid out on a table. I wondered why they weren't caged with the others and a cursory inspection soon showed why :uhoh:

And then when one is chosen by a customer they are killed, plucked, entrails out etc. right there. I thought chicken came from the freezer in plastic trays - I know different now.

Bird flu? what bird flu?

cavortingcheetah
14th Dec 2006, 17:41
:\

This extermination process happens in the duckling sex selection before the force feeding, liver fattening, funnel down the throat excercise occurs. This feeding technique is designed to assault the ducks' livers to such an extent that they swell and become succulent, tasty and juicy. The ducklings themselves are too small to have their heads ripped off by whirling them around by the head or neck, the bodies are far too light for such a means of extermination. Although alive at the moment of mincing, the death is instantaneous and probably as painless as is possible for so small a little bird.
The fate of those selected for the honour of gracing the table is perhaps worse, but that should not be allowed to distract from the pleasure afforded to the gourmand when presented with a dish of foi grasse, either hot or cold, served with its own jelly and washed down with a lightly chilled Sauterne, perhaps not Yquem, but certainly Rieussec, although these days a Five Puttonyus Tokay will do quite nicely, especially high in the Hungarian hills.:D

matelot
14th Dec 2006, 18:13
... So,they are discarded and killed in a disgusting totally inhuman cruel way.
WHILST STILL ALIVE THEY ARE THROWN INTO A MINCER TYPE MACHINE AND SHREDDED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Whoever designed this disgusting system should have his NUTS shredded !!!!!
How do you feel about fish trawled out of the depths and left to suffocate in a hold whilst buried in ice?
Enjoy your cod and chips!

Chesty Morgan
14th Dec 2006, 18:17
What really upsets me is those pre-diced vegetables you can get hold of. Poor buggers.

Bloody vegetarians and their botany barbarianism!:}

Crepello
14th Dec 2006, 18:21
So femail [sic] duckings [sic] are treated inhuman[ly]? Well, I never.

I assumed that "this disgusting system" was a reference to the Daily Mail...

El Grifo
14th Dec 2006, 21:42
Fresh Duckling and chips, Mmmmm. Even tastier when battered. :}

Buster Hyman
14th Dec 2006, 21:52
So, the Mother Duckers get shredded eh? That should make Germaine Greers day!

(Hmmm...I wonder if it'd cut through GG's Bra? Wait...there's no need!):}

Capt. Queeg
15th Dec 2006, 05:05
Let's talk Baby Harp Seal. Okay, you don't eat it but you do WEAR IT.... and it looks GREAT!!

Bus429
15th Dec 2006, 06:47
What really upsets me is those pre-diced vegetables you can get hold of. Poor buggers.
Bloody vegetarians and their botany barbarianism!:}
'Ere, I represent that remark! I've been a bloody vegetarian (isn't that an oxymoron? - isn't oxymoron an oxymoron?) for 18 years. I don't like the taste or texture of any meat, fish or fowl; in fact, nothing with a face. I don't preach "Meat is Murder" and I wear leather shoes and have, no doubt, unwittingly, ingested - that means "eaten", for pilots unfamiliar with big words - gelatine in some form (it's used in capsules, you know).:suspect:
I've no problem torturing brussel sprouts; after all they can be torture as they wend their way through the digestive tract ("gut" to pilots).