PDA

View Full Version : Air Excel Tanz

gerpols
14th Dec 2006, 14:34
Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me what kind of operations this company is in ?
Howmany and what kind of aircraft, that kind of thing.
Is Arusha a nice place to be ?

Do NOT need to know if their good or bad, but other than that any info sure is appreciated !!

Thanks, fly safe.

Jetstream_lover
14th Dec 2006, 20:34
OK

Gerpols. I know this company well. I have not flown for them, but have known many pilots who have.

They fly mainly 206, 208 and from what I remember a 406.

Fly mainly tourist/charter flights.

Arusha is great up till a point, expensive and suffer's small town syndrome. However from my time there, pilots are great and good fun, and place to be was the Masai Camp.

To your comment on whether they are 'good or bad', sounds like you have made up your mind. Pretty stupid comment to make. Look at some of the threads on here and see for yourself.

You will be worked hard etc etc

If you want more info, then please PM me, just be careful. Remember, in Africa there are quite a few jobs around at the mo.

Just my 2 SA cents worth

JL

petesevenseven
15th Dec 2006, 14:53
Just off the subject!!!!

Hi Carmen!!!!!

Which part of the dark continent r u found in these days?
When will you be back to your homeland, thats exactly where I am at the moment!!!

pm me!!!!

Ciao Bello Bambino!!!!

Pete!!!!

Jetstream_lover
15th Dec 2006, 15:53
Hey up Pete

Mate am actually flying in Asia at the moment, and it rocks. No more dark continent for me in the near future, although have one or two things that I am seriously interested in over there at the mo.

Wont be back in the Homeland for a while mate.

Whats up with u?

Cheers

JL

flyhardmo
15th Dec 2006, 22:40
Gday Gerplos.
I fly out of Arusha not a bad place, lots of piss ups, good crowd even pussy.. The flying is challenging, lots of mountains low cloud but extremely beautiful scenery, the ngorogoro crater, lake natron and manyara and the seregetti.
Air excel has 3 caravan's a new one just arrived last week brand spanka from the factory and also a F406.
The owner/chief pilot is good despite what you've heard, i know him personally and have a good night out with him. You work hard and he is picky about how the aircraft shoul be operated but you'll learn alot of techniques on how to save props, brakes and engines. I've got no idea about the pay and they do schedule services to the seregetti, zanzibar as well as charter work all over tanzania. Big hours if your interested.. Good luck

petesevenseven
16th Dec 2006, 00:39
Hey Guy's,

Carmen!!! Life is sweet here in your home land!!! Mind u its farking cold and windy!!!!!

FHMO I'll Be Back!!!! I've got a month off after Xmas and New Years!!!! I'll try and make it upto HTAR for a few Killi's in Jan some time, Would it be possible to catch a lift with u guy's out of Dar??

Shawmaw for now!!!!

Pete!!!!

RICCARDOVOLANTE
17th Dec 2006, 16:51
"Do NOT need to know if their good or bad, but other than that any info sure is appreciated !!"Sure you do not need
You just look with this AD to let pilots know that there is Air Excel in Tanzania looking desperately for pilots.
Wow but who wanna work for a comapany that lost TWO airplanes in less tha one year?
Wow but who wanna work for a company where many pilots left for the poor attitude of the owner operator?
Answer :
No one
To all pilots that wanna work for this company ,just remeber that if you even send an application to them but you refuse their job offer you will not find any other job in Tanzania with any other company thanks to the mafia attitude of the operator of air Excel.BE Very careful.
Sincerely
Riccardo Volante

CathayBrat
19th Dec 2006, 05:45
Wondered when he would show up!:hmm: Get over yourself, please, your rants about anything here, especially about Mad M, are fu:mad: ng borring, and kind of pointless! Move on, or move far, far away..............
To the others, Air Excel is fine, true, arusha does have little town syndrome but the scenery ( and some of the 2 legged types visiting:} ) make up for it, give them a go.

RICCARDOVOLANTE
19th Dec 2006, 10:06
"Wondered when he would show up! Get over yourself, please, your rants about anything here, especially about Mad M, are fu ng borring, and kind of pointless! Move on, or move far, far away.............."

I will ... some day I will , that day will be the day when all those operators such Air Excel will disappear from the face of the earth.
I am tired of operator or pilots like you that do not give a damm about aviation and pilots life.Give a favor to everyone stay out of this or change attitude.
When in life is too much is too much tell your buddy friend Mike.
He think he can do anythink he want, Wrong too many time he get away with all stupid things he have done ,not any longer .Not only my self but others speak up and will speak up.
I have a family to support and I will never forget that I LOST the job opportunity for him .Never """""
Sincerely
Riccardo Volante

Solid Rust Twotter
19th Dec 2006, 11:16
Oh well, as long as you're not letting things get to you or taking them to heart, then.....:hmm:

Jetstream_lover
19th Dec 2006, 11:18
Riccardo

Please Please Please Please STOP. Get over yourself. What happens happens. I know guys who did alright out of the little town. Like I said, they were and are gems, you however probably would have not lasted long away buddy.

Get your head down, stop with the moaning and move on, how many drivers on this forum do you think want to listen to this constant dribble.

You really aint doing yourself any favours

Cheers and best Regards

JL

cpt hamna sheeda
19th Dec 2006, 14:18
give Ricardo a break guys, i can understand his frustrations (been there). I know it is annoying but he is right, isn't he?

Kwa heri

Jetstream_lover
19th Dec 2006, 15:53
Yes and no

I am sure that at one point we will all have worked, or work for some operator, captain or with a co-pilot or crew we may not like/agree with.

But it doesnt help going on about every single thing that gets under the skin.

Sometimes you just got to move on make your own luck, right?

JL

helldog
19th Dec 2006, 18:22
Hey JL, I think that pete was trying to call you cartman. So riccardo is back hey? Does your anger suggest that you have not found work since you left Arusha? You had heaps of experience as far as I recall, whats the story?

petesevenseven
19th Dec 2006, 22:01
Mamamia Ricco

Bambino I see you Still Cry like a big fat bambino which mama didn't feed enough spagetti to:{

BWANA DO U THINK AIR EXCEL GIVA A S:mad: T WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THEM? THEY ARE FLYING VERY WELL EVEN WITH ALL THE BULL**** WITHOUT PROOF YOU SPREAD!!!! LIFE GOES ON BWANA!!!!

REMEMBER MAN U NEVER FLEW IN TZ!!!!! SO TAKE IT FROM THE GUYS WHO HAVE AND WHO STILL ARE!!!!!

MOVE ON MAN!!!!

CIAO BAMBINO!!!!

Pete!!!!

Yakka
23rd Dec 2006, 14:20
I dont have anything to add excpt - G'day helldog hope you're not as cold as me, look after the Mrs for me and have a good chrissy

SkyvanMan
23rd Dec 2006, 23:19
I flew on them while in Tanzania during this past summer and found them to be a very good company. IIRC we flew on them 4 times including twice on a Caravan and twice on the twin engine 406 piloted by Mike. Their aircraft are configured in a less cramped way than Coastal, with their caravans having 1x1 seating instead of 2x1, really does make a different as a passenger. As for Arusha, I spent about half a day there and it didn't seem to me like a place I would want to live but I was not scared for my life or anything of the sort. I also heard that they may be adding an aircraft, but just a rumor, no idea of anyhting other than that. And for a random little info their 406 is reged 5H-WOW.

Soap Box Cowboy
24th Dec 2006, 13:03
Think only one of their vans is in the 1x1 configuration. The only one I've ever seen configured like that. Mike just got a new one, 5H-VAN with TCAS and Electronic HSI.

poorwanderingwun
25th Dec 2006, 11:01
Seem to remember contacting these people a while back... If I'm right I think the deal was to arrive there..study for and sit the exams to convert my FAA ATPL to the local variety... wait for all the paperwork to be done...estimate was about 4 to 6 weeks, all unpaid and at my expense... was going to cost me around $6000 in fees and lost income... That was enough to deter me but others may look on it differently. If I'm confusing them with some other operation I DO apologise...

helldog
27th Dec 2006, 09:58
Hey Yakka,

Yeah, just a bit nippy in the ol' UK. Hope you had a good xmas. BTW who are you? Campdog, or Troopy? Before anyone asks a campdog is not a gay dog.

On the new van, its about time Mike got a plane with an autopilot! Still SMK had a working heading hold, and she trimmed out qquite nice in pitch. Allowing you to break out the thermos for a nice cuppa, for the best office view ever, loved every minute of it.