PDA

View Full Version : Hey, where'd my posts go?

I.R.PIRATE
14th Dec 2006, 12:38
Was just wondering if anyone else has suffered the same thing. When signing on this week I see that my post count has dropped to less than half of what it was lastr week? what gives? anyone?
........:} maybe they decided to stop counting the bull**** ones...

cavortingcheetah
14th Dec 2006, 13:56
:confused:

Take heart from the misfortune of others around you! You are not alone in your vocabularic misery. In my case, however, the loss of deathless prose from the pen of one as erudite as I does but deprive the world of wisdom, wit and cause for comment of a kind that might fall between the sardonic and the sarcastic.:rolleyes:

4HolerPoler
14th Dec 2006, 19:27
Welcome back CC - your erudite prose has been missed in the past three months and we consider ourselves blessed to have you back to fill these banal threads with your poetic pontification.

I.R.P - no idea on your dilemma I'm afraid - hey it's just a number, your status here as a stalwart regular of high-standing remains unchanged.

Carry on guys; safe flying.

4HP

I.R.PIRATE
15th Dec 2006, 07:39
no no i really dont mind the number, just wondering if the decided to do away with some archive or something...

surely not
15th Dec 2006, 09:12
No probs, happened to me a couple of weeks ago, but at least it will stop people thinking I spend all my time on here!!

I.R.PIRATE
15th Dec 2006, 09:47
you...spending al your time on here?? Surely not....

cavortingcheetah
15th Dec 2006, 11:20
:D

Most kind of you to say so 4HolerPoler and trust all flies well with you and yours.
I shall continue to endeavour to provide education for the masses and wisdom for the witless. No doubt there might be the odd scrape or two!?:E

french_fry
15th Dec 2006, 12:25
I would not worry about the number of posts that are disappearing but more the number of flight hours you are building...:}

Cheers mate hope all is well.

B Sousa
15th Dec 2006, 12:40
Welcome to the land of the overly PC. I only have lost about 30 in the last month. I guess someone finally caught me.................again.

PPRuNe Towers
16th Dec 2006, 10:28
Really Bert or just an assumption?

Care to check for yourself? Or was it just a case or steady, fire, aim?

I went back 90 days and you've lost one post in that time. It was on the helo forum regarding fire operations in Oz. The thread was started by someone called 'Chairmanofthebored' and they deleted their first post which, as many of you know, takes out the whole thread which included one post from you.

If your prose is precious to you the missing post consists of exactly these words:

If they are so desperate, where are the job offers. I would love to go down and fight a few fires for a while. AS LONG AS it does not take food from someone else.
Actually I just want to go down and test the Beer.

As you can see, ungovernable sedition at it's worst.

Other than that - spot on observation.

The prosaic truth is a database rebuild corrected counters that have cocked up over the months as the server is groaning at the seams and we desperately need a third one along with a load balancer.

Personally I prefer your theory - far more entertaining.

Any of you can check your posts and you'll find only ones in Jetblast suffer the ignoble fate of never adding to your post total.

Regards from Sunny Amman,
Rob

Solid Rust Twotter
16th Dec 2006, 11:20
Damn! Should have kept the Pirate on the hook and berated him for being a bad little monkey, yer towership.....:E

PPRuNe Towers
16th Dec 2006, 11:31
It was fun watching but we lost the site for 8 hours last night - a far better subject for a good old conspiracy theory:uhoh: :eek:

rob

B Sousa
16th Dec 2006, 13:31
Sometimes it just take a little Sarcasm to get a response from your lofty place........
Appears to work.........
I can still view my punishment record on my CP from Weasil (The Weasil) to remind me not to insult the Mod Gods. I bet he wears Raybans on a cloudy day.......

cavortingcheetah
16th Dec 2006, 13:48
:hmm:

One rather suspects that all those posts that once were ploughed into the dank and dark limpid pools of Agony Aunt (RIP) (and so on!) might, just perchance, have suffered the same fate as those heretofore on Jet Blast?
What a darned shame! All those Samaritanesque words of soothing wisdom which offered succour, aid and assistance to the legion of chattering women who frequented those pages, now count for naught!
Sometimes of course, the logic generating the helping hand stretched into the morass of mental strife and tribulation was quite as confusing as Afrikaans, which has, or so rumour tells it, been banned as being an incomprehensible and cunning dialect of communication only privy to a select few cognoscenti?:p

B Sousa
20th Dec 2006, 14:36
Dam CC, Thats just what I was thinking.

cavortingcheetah
20th Dec 2006, 16:49
:hmm:

One wonders what the jolly old Moderators, in the spirit of Christmas, of course, would recourse to were one to start up, say, a forum in Funnygalore? ooh: )
Kanjani? -
Happy Christmas Bert old beano! May our stomachs never become sunburned. (Apologies of course, were you to be found bellyless in Alla Turka. Any place with a street called serene would, I warrant, be highly suspect in the General's book. ;)