PDA

View Full Version : The greatest sadness

LookinDown
14th Dec 2006, 05:09
It is with the greatest sadness that I post this advice on the recent tragic death of my good friend.

Mark’s Air Tractor 802 crashed last Saturday evening while involved in air ag work near Collarenebri in NW NSW. There is usually a flurry of postings on this forum following any serious accident but I’ve been able to find only a couple of brief references to the accident in Pprune. This is so despite widespread initial reporting in the main media. I believe that this is a testament to the personal and professional respect widely held for him.

The two hallmarks of his flying have long been his overwhelming passion for flying and his consummate professionalism. Whether in an Air Tractor, Super Cub, RV or glider, Mark exuded an infectious enthusiasm for the emotional highs and personal challenges to be experienced from flying. I’ve never met a more convincing advocate.

Having no direct involvement in the air ag industry I’m not in a position to comment directly on Mark’s professionalism. It is gratifying and totally expected, to hear from his employer, fellow pilots, ground crew, workmates, customers and administrative staff, unanimous reflections on his death. Foremost in their minds is his meticulous approach to his work, his thorough planning and preparation and his heightened awareness that as Chief Pilot, it was his work performance that set the benchmark for his company’s safety culture.

In view of the fact that he was a regular reader of and occasional poster to Pprune, his wife Tamsyne, asked that a general announcement be posted for the information of all that knew him. A memorial service is planned for this coming Monday 18th December in the main hangar at Wee Waa airport commencing at 3.00pm.

Farewell mate.