i want a job in the south pacific
anywhere, turbine f/o, got 3000 hours, 700 multi
anyone got any ideas

the wizard of auz
13th Dec 2006, 23:45
Yeah, I have some great ideas. :D

Cyclone Bob
13th Dec 2006, 23:50
If you have an atpl or frozen atpl, try Vanuatu. Twotters, ATR and if you're lucky/persistent B737. Unique place.

Captain Nomad
14th Dec 2006, 09:48
If you want to give PNG a go you could try South West Air based Mendi. They ask for 3000hrs for a command. Single pilot EMB110 and DHC6 aircraft. Someone esle mentioned that there is another mob looking for f/o's but I'll let you go hunting for that one. Good luck - seems to be no shortage of opportunities for someone willing to move with your hours. :ok:

Centaurus
14th Dec 2006, 23:23
You might try Air Kiribati who have a Y12 and some lovely atolls they fly to. Accommodation provided and the Kiribati people are the happiest smiling people you will ever meet. There is only one minor snag and that is the salary offered could be a bit better than in is. You would be paid local pilot wages which is $5200 Australian dollars per year, or roughly $100 a week. I don't know if that is tax free or not. As the cost of living is double that of Australia (most products are flown or shipped in) you can see you could not save much. Main food is rice, fish and chicken. The beer is real cold if you can afford it on local wages.:)

colonel tom parker
15th Dec 2006, 20:48
thankyou kindly for responses
any more info, personal experiences would be appreciated
particularly anyone who has flown in vanuatu
cheers

ps wizard you spelt aus and knight wrong

the wizard of auz
15th Dec 2006, 22:13
you think???. :}

Killer Loop
15th Dec 2006, 22:14
Tom Parker,

I think you will find that "Thank you" is two words and not one.:}

podbreak
17th Dec 2006, 03:47
I know its not the best time for it, but have you considered Fiji?:ok: PM me for more info

Cyclone Bob
17th Dec 2006, 20:36
check your pm

Xcel
19th Dec 2006, 06:31
In a similar situation if anyone could forward info it would be much appreciated...

troppo
27th Dec 2006, 20:01
there's a bongo gig in today's fiji times, looking for 500TT and 100 ME

podbreak
28th Dec 2006, 02:01
troppo, as you may be aware, they advertise locally before the positions become available to expats (as per workforce localisation policy). Requirements for expats are also often different.

ni sa moce

Waghi Warrior
8th Jan 2007, 21:21
I noticed there was a job advertised on the AFAP website last week for a Caravan pilot. I assume it's Tropic Air looking for a pilot.

I'm not to sure what Airlink are up to these days,but they seem to still have a high turnover of pilots. I also believe that Tropic Air run a pritty good operation as well. I wouldn't bother with South West Air in Mendi unless you have Twin Otter command time as they do a lot of bush work. Their chief pilot is a very unique person to say the least (ATC and FS up here love him ! :E ). One thing that I have noticed over the past few years,is that not to many pilots come door knocking for work now,times are changing !

As far as good operators are concerned,the best GA operator in PNG now days is Hevilift by far. They have had a few management changes over the years,for the better. Their machines are the best equiped and presented GA aircraft I have ever seen, and their check and training is also very good.

Lukim yupla :ok: