PDA

View Full Version : SA Airlink

Slave to Love
13th Dec 2006, 14:06
Hey guys,

As this is only a rumour and this is only pprune, I thought it interesting to post the latest on what I have heard with the latest hiring at link!

It seems guys are turning down Airlink at a time when crew shortages are becoming a reality (for airlines)....are the tough times here already for some of the airlines?

It seems like the guys at link are point blank trying to screw the new guys....check this out (remember its only rumour...)

-Extending, the notice period to 3 months?
-The guys starting on the 1st, but being paid from the 11th?
-3 year bond on a 41? and the 1st year not ammortized?
-Lowering of salary expectations and last but not least...
-No contract in hand before the start date

My question to u all?...did they just loose the plot? :ugh:

Anyways, thought of a bit of gossip as 1time is getting all the meaty coverage.

Just a bit of advice to up and bubbling pilots...please dont act in desperation just because its an airline!!

C the bigger picture

:ok: :ok: :ok:

nugpot
13th Dec 2006, 14:15
It seems guys are turning down Airlink at a time when crew shortages are becoming a reality (for airlines)....are the tough times here already for some of the airlines?

I can't tell you what goes on at Link, but I was surprised to see CV's from ERJ captains for positions as FO's at SAX.

Q4NVS
13th Dec 2006, 14:33
-Extending, the notice period to 3 months?

That's not new...

I have a friend who left more than a year ago, and was subjected to the same contract with regards to Notice Period.

He came off "2nd Best", but was accommodated by his new employer and put onto a later course.

Today - He is a different man and smiling all the way (to the bank as well) :O

I can't tell you what goes on at Link, but I was surprised to see CV's from ERJ captains for positions as FO's at SAX.

I think they now know our "secret" Nugpot...

:oh: :D :oh:

Slave to Love
13th Dec 2006, 14:43
Nugpot...

Ure right on that, plus that fact that SAX are hiring more now means guys will make the move as soon as they can....

It strange that a company will start messing with the guys now...after last week I think guys are going to hesitate and wait for a better option...good for them

The options are out there thats for sure

:ok:

beckers
13th Dec 2006, 15:33
A very good friend of mine was due to start on the 1st. When he read the terms and conditions of employment the day before he queried the 3 months notice bit and was told if he doesn't like it not to pitch on the 1st. That is exactly what he did.:D

He is now hoping and holding out for greener pastures....SAX even 1time.

Seems life on charter can be better than some of the airlines.

jbayfan
13th Dec 2006, 16:26
SAA needs around 90 new hire pilots next year. There will be a serious vacuum at a lot of airlines soon!

Slave to Love
13th Dec 2006, 16:28
Beckers....

As we both know..Charters is certainly better than working for Link!

As my saying goes...propellers were meant for boats;)

Why fly a 41 when u can fly a 1900d for more?

need I say more

:ok:

Vasur
14th Dec 2006, 16:26
Should SAA take as many pilots as that next year, there would indeed be a vacuum and hence a shorter supply of pilots for the NTW’s and Comair’s and SAX's etc.

If mielies are hard to come by, then the price of mielies go up. It’s very simple supply and demand.

Perfect time for some serious salary negotiations methinks. That is, over and above, for the headaches, delays, late nights, and various other k#k that is sure to come our way with the world cup!

Esp for you guys at those airlines mentioned above, you are imo seriously underpaid particularly with regards to certain airlines making profits, and in a way therefore hurting our profession as a whole.

bianchi
14th Dec 2006, 16:47
"If mielies are hard to come by, then the price of mielies go up. It’s very simple supply and demand."(quote)

There is some truth in this believe-thought(wish) , however there are so much"mielies"lying around that it will take loooooong time to get to the supply and demand situation really.:rolleyes:

You go and check how many pilots are still avail.......alot(unfortionately).In my short 20 yaers of flying commercially I always had to apply-ask-beg for various jobs.So I think we still awhile away from being able to"call the shots"on salary !!( a great pitty however,as I will gladly accept a bigger salary......would'nt you aswell)?

The closest I have seen a real pilot shortage looming,was just before 9/11 !!

Rude Boy
15th Dec 2006, 09:28
Bianchi, I think you're right. As long as guys are prepared to accept employment under those conditions the situation will not improve. We're all faced with a situation in this industry where operators are aware of the fact that most of us are in it primarily out of a passion and they shamelessly exploit that. Drivers accepting less than satisfactory conditions do not make it any better for the rest of us who actually need to make a worthwile living out of what we do. :bored: