PDA

View Full Version : Royal Variety Show 2006

londonmet
12th Dec 2006, 23:12
Rod Stewart - discuss. :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

tiggerific_69
12th Dec 2006, 23:13
take that should have headlined and done more than 2 songs.
and wheres the queen this year,cant she be arsed anymore,so send charlie and camella instead?

londonmet
12th Dec 2006, 23:15
Tigger,

Get in, I agree. They are masters. Rod was, but it is just cringe-worthy watching him now. Especially the lyrics to the Yusuf Islam song...."you're only young".

How iconic, sorry was, now ironic!

tiggerific_69
12th Dec 2006, 23:19
what was going on with Maltloaf aswell,he was crap and looked as if he was shaking like an alcoholic needing a few shots of Aftershock.even some of the comedians have been pretty lame too.The Maria bird and the Billy Elliot boys were fab, that costume changing thing was clever but pretty pointless,why not cut the woman up instead?!And Jonathon Woss?!?! could have picked a better presenter!!! god its gone down the pan over the years hasnt it....

tilewood
12th Dec 2006, 23:20
take that should have headlined and done more than 2 songs.
and wheres the queen this year,cant she be arsed anymore,so send charlie and camella instead?

Don't you think the poor Queen has suffered enough of this smug
third rate rubbish?! At 80 I think she has earned the right to get
others to endure it.

tiggerific_69
12th Dec 2006, 23:21
i'd much rather see the queen there than Charlie, i was quite disappointed not to see her there

Buster Hyman
13th Dec 2006, 02:10
Whilst living in a country that is a signatory to the Geneva convention, I don't often watch these shows.

Captain Smithy
14th Dec 2006, 08:29
Whaaaaaat?!? I can't believe what I'm reading!

Rod Stewart is a legend. And he should've got a lot more that just 2 songs.:=

Take That headlining? Dear dear dear.:ugh:

Ivor Fynn
14th Dec 2006, 09:27
Well, I have to agree that Rod Stewart and Maltloaf were awful, but only topped (or bottomed if you like!!) by the dreadfull sound of Katie Price aka Jordan:ugh: :ugh: . You might have expected more pleasant sounds with a set of lungs like that. ;) ;)

Ivor

Wyler
14th Dec 2006, 09:31
The best larf all night was Take That trying to do a Boy Band dance routine..:} :} :} :} :} :} :} :}

What about the Kung Fu family.....why........why......?

The Spamelot lot were awful....:yuk:

Complete drivel. Did not bother with the second half.

Captain Smithy
14th Dec 2006, 09:33
Well, I have to agree that Rod Stewart and Maltloaf were awful, but only topped (or bottomed if you like!!) by the dreadfull sound of Katie Price aka Jordan:ugh: :ugh: . You might have expected more pleasant sounds with a set of lungs like that. ;) ;)

Ivor

Jordan... a fine pair of lungs indeed. Though they look better than they sound.;)