PDA

View Full Version : Flybe

flybewannabe
12th Dec 2006, 21:35
I have just returned from travelling the world and have found the profession for me, i want to become a cabin crew member. As if destiny is trying to tell me something i open the job pages and have seen an advertisement for Cabin Crew with Flybe in Exeter not far from where i live:D . I need to send my CV and photo to Flybe, i just wanted to ask anyone if there is anything unique i can add to my cv, i have 7 years of customer service and 3 years working as a safety manager for the railways. Also, might sound a bit strange but can anybody suggest what i should wear in the photo and whether to wear make up or not? I really want this job but know how competitive it can be, any advice would be gratefully appreciated!:)

DJTibby
13th Dec 2006, 05:28
Hello!
Firstly I would reccomend wearing makeup, but make sure it is natural looking. In the photo a professional outfit is best, they are looking at your eye for detail.
I think it is great you have so much customer service and to top it off safety! The two most important things needed in cabin crew. Don't forget to stress this in the interview, the role of cabin crew is primarily for safety and second to deliver outstanding customer service.Other points to touch on are presentation and team work which are both very important too. Good luck and let us know how it goes! :ok: xoxo

ShesGreatintheGalley
13th Dec 2006, 05:33
i agree with above. it sounds like you have exactly the kind of experience that an airline needs.
remember.. most airlines are looking for someone professional, level headed, hard worker but immaculately groomed and presented - so yes to makeup, hair in neat ponytail/bun/french roll, nice hands/nails, lipstick, minimal jewellery and neatly pressed interview clothes.
Emphasise your safety role in your resume.. highlight your communication skills, customer service, ability to deal with difficult situations, difficult people, time constraints, workplace legistlation and requirements etc all while maintaining a professional image.
As DJTibby said.. Safety before customer service, but customer service always with a smile :D

good luck!

flybewannabe
28th Dec 2006, 21:07
Hi guys,

Thanks for the information above, i really appreciated it and emphasised all that you suggested in my cv:) . I have emailed all the information to Flybe, the closing date is 31/12/06, so i'm going to cross everything until i hear back off them! I don't suppose anybody knows how long it takes from closing date til you hear anything back?

Cheers :ok:

warwicks
29th Dec 2006, 17:15
Hi,

Your experience sounds exactly what airlines would be looking for as the previous two posts stated.

Being Cabin Crew is a great job- especially if you can find one that does long haul as well as the short haul. Depending on where you live there may be long haul opportunities nearby.

Would you be interested in relocating for a position?

As companies go Flybe is going strong having just taken over BA's domestic BA Connect routes from BHX- they continue to grow

Remember when you get an interview to just relax and be yourself. With your experience I am sure you will find it a doddle!

:)

pinkdolly
31st Dec 2006, 20:48
hi everyone
this is my first post so hello to everyone!
i am looking for people who work at flybe at glasgow or any base for that matter or are about to start training on the 05/02/2007at exeter.
i currently fly with loganair (ba franchise) at the moment and have done so for 4 years.
i am just interested to find out more about the company and the way things work etc. i have looked on the net to find pax comments etc and they all seem to be quite negitive! do you have alot of delays with tech probelms etc?
any information would be a great help and if anyone would like info about loganair i am happy to help.
thank you all.
happy new year for 2007!
happy and safe flying
xx

Barnaby Rudge
1st Jan 2007, 12:38
Hi

My first post too and happy 2007 to everyone.
Good grooming is essential but looks are less important than a winning smile and an understanding that safety comes first.

flybewannabe
10th Jan 2007, 13:51
Hi

Just wanted to know if there is anybody out there who recently applied for a CC job with Flybe and has had any news back yet? The closing date was 31st Dec, i received a letter to say that they recieved my Cv, photo etc and that if i didn't hear off them in the next 28 days then i haven't been successful. Obviously that time is no where near up yet but just wanted to know if anybody had started to get their interviews through. I want this job so bad that i refuse to apply for any other jobs, so whilst hoping the temping agencies will offer some work soon, i am sat at home waiting for the postman everyday and twiddling my thumbs! Also the stress of waiting has bought my skin out in terrible spots:{ , just my luck!

Cheers everyone :O

flybewannabe
16th Jan 2007, 15:53
Hi everyone

I didn't receive any replies from anyone who has applied for the recent Flybe cabin crew positions at Exeter, so was wondering if any existing Flybe cabin crew could give me the information i need. I think i may be over reacting but feel that i would have heard something about an interview by now, am i just torturing myself? Could any existing Flybe cabin crew tell me how long it took between them sending their CV and receiving their interview letter please? Also how soon was the interview after you had applied? One last thing, if i am definately unsuccessful this time, am i okay to reapply straight away, as Flybe are readvertising Cabin Crew vacancies at Exeter and the closing date is in March, could i take this as a second chance? Any little piece of information will help, this will stop me from pulling my hair out!:ugh: I have tried to find the answers to my questions on the internet but have found nothing to help me so PLEASE HELP!

Many, many thank you:ok: s

flybewannabe
17th Jan 2007, 09:51
Hi everyone

The panic is over, i have received an interview letter today, feel so happy (and a little sick with nerves!) It's on the 25 January so need to prepare,

Can't wait:O

oldflyboy
17th Jan 2007, 10:53
Remember: Give examples of when you have 'gone the extra mile' and have a good idea what the difference between good and excellent customer service means to you. Be able to talk about the pitfalls, stuff like the unsocial hours, having to work while your mates play at weekends etc., and how you plan to overcome that.

Make up is good as long as its not over the top, smart suit, ( Iv'e interviewed guys in jeans and gals in shorts, got the job? Not!) polished shoes, nice hair and nails. Sounds petty but lot of selection is about how you present yourself. ( Gandmother sucking eggs stuff but you know what I mean)

Also find out a bit about the airline, where they fly, what rosters are like, what aircraft etc. I interviewed a lady last year who had no idea what crew did or what routes my airline flew, indeed she knew nothing about the company, again, no job offer!

Good Luck, be positive and personable and you should be AOK!!

skyelight
20th Jan 2007, 19:22
hi pink dolly

this is my first post so cant tell u much except....

im currently trainin down at exeter and im enjoyin it. i cant really give u any more info than that as this is my first aviation job but the hotel u stay at during trainin is nice but there isn't much to do there!

hav fun while ure there
:) xx

flybewannabe
26th Jan 2007, 12:56
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to thank everyone that gave me advice on this thread, well i went to the assessment day yesterday and just relaxed and was my self. 8 out of 17 got through to interview and i was one of the first so it was a short day for me, i got home and went for a lie down as i was shattered from the nerves i guess, then the phone rang. It was Flybe and they told me i had the job and i start training on 5th February!!!!!:O :O :O I can't wait, i am no longer a Flybewannabe, I'm a Flybegonnabe! It still hasn't quite sunk in yet, this was my first ever cabin crew interview so i know i am a very lucky girl,

Thanks again x:ok:

oldflyboy
26th Jan 2007, 13:01
Well done wannabe, look forward to flying with you when us BAconnect crew eventually start filtering through other bases. It's a great way to earn a living!!!

danflybe
29th Jan 2007, 18:41
Well Done - look forward to flying with you soon!

flybewannabe
13th Feb 2007, 09:29
Hi

Is there anyone out there that starts there training on the 26th February? i was meant to start on the 5th but got postponed until the 26th. I can't wait to start:O , i need to purchase some smart/casual trousers for training (any excuse to shop), Is there anybody out there that has already completed the training and could give me an idea of what people wear. I always have this nightmare that i'll be wearing something completely different to everybody else!

Cheers:ok:

SouBE
13th Feb 2007, 14:20
I'd be interested in how your training goes; Im waiting for my training dates (supposed to be sometime in April but still not heard). Good luck with it all and keep us posted!!

Actually, has anyone heard about future training dates yet?

TeaAnyone21
13th Feb 2007, 15:23
clothing wise just treat it like you are working in an office. nothing too smart needed (suits etc) just something that you can be comfortable in but also is professional as management will be close by at the training centre.

robroyx2
14th Feb 2007, 00:25
Hi Flybewannabe,

2 people from Edinburgh and 3 from Glasgow will also be starting the training on this date as far as I am aware. Me being one of them - I am from Glasgow.

As far as the dress code goes for the training period, I believe if you present yourself in a smart shirt/trousers this is adequate. No ties needed/required. I found this info in the information pack that the company sent out.

Hope this helps you out and I look forward to meeting you soon.

clairex
14th Feb 2007, 10:18
Heyy, I must be meeting u at glasgow on 26th? on the plane lol im going for the trainning from glasgow aswell. Wots ur name?

clairex
14th Feb 2007, 10:20
Hiyaa im going for the trainning in exeter on the 26th so I will look forward to meeting you lol. r u nervous?

clairex
14th Feb 2007, 12:15
Hi folks,

I am going to Exeter for 4 weeks on 25th of this month to do the Cabin Crew Trainning for Flybe. Can any of you guys give me an insight into what to expect and any help or tips thatl help me along the way. Your help is much appreciated.(ps i am quite worried about the water drill part of the trainning).

vodkaholic
14th Feb 2007, 14:00
i think there are a few threads on here regarding flybe, and training etc.

i dont work for flybe, but i too was very worried about the ditching element of training with my current airline. however, i actually found it really fun!! it's great for bonding with your coursemates as well. and most of the time you are in a lifejacket, so you cant drown!