PDA

View Full Version : 'N' Reg Opportunities

julian_storey
12th Dec 2006, 20:24
I have an FAA CPL with ASEL & AMEL and around 1200 hours. I'm fairly sure that I'd make a great FO on a corporate jet but am not sure how to get hold of a list of operators to whom I could send my CV.

I have seen lots of 'N' reg stuff around, but when you check on the FAA website, the owner is usually a trust registered somewhere like Delaware.

Anyone got any ideas?

galaxy flyer
14th Dec 2006, 03:31
JS:

First, you will need some more meat in your CV-at least, an ATP. Type ratings are strongly preferred, but it is a crap shoot on which one. I went through GLEX school with a Brit who bought his own GLEX rating with all the fixings--HUD, EVS and LOFT sim, must have cost a bloody big fortune on the bet that someone would give him a RHS in a GLEX.

Next, mailing CVs is a waste of the postage, you will need to visit potential employers, build some contacts in US corporate aviation and experience here. Almost all corp operators are fairly small, have a drawerful of resumes and jobs are filled on mere rumors of hiring. Are you eligible to work in the US? With the current immigration rules, it can be tough seeking a job in aviation.

My advice would be to build time with some RHS jet time, concentrate on finding a seat at NetJets or another fractional, here or in Europe and then trading on that experience to find a corporate "big iron" job. It is possible, but will take some devotion.

GF

julian_storey
17th Dec 2006, 22:53
Many thanks for the advice. I'm not eligible to work in the US and was looking for a job flying one of the many 'N' registered aircraft that live in Europe.
I'm working towards the ATP - I need to find a bunch of night hours from somewhere :bored: