PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

nick0021
11th Dec 2006, 13:44
Hi all,

Following my successful appearance at AIB, I have been offered a place at BRNC, to start IOT as pilot. I have just had confirmation that I have been medically cleared, and needless to say, im absolutely delighted!

I've been a member of this forum now for over 2 years, and would just like to thank all those who have offered me support and advice during this time. It has been very much appreciated.

I realise that the hard work is yet to begin, and I can’t wait to get started in a little over 3 weeks! :)

Kind regards,

Nick

airborne_artist
11th Dec 2006, 14:19
Good man - not only is the hard work about to begin, but so is the fun :ok:

Enjoy the runs to/from Sandquay, take a good iron, and most importantly your sense of humour. Pull others through when they are down and they'll do the same for you.

When did you re-take at OASC? I hear that wef 1 Nov 06 the RN FATs are changed, and no longer is a dual pass P and O required for P entry. The new RN FATs are specific for P and for O, so only a P pass is required for P.

nick0021
11th Dec 2006, 14:36
How annoying!

Didnt know about that! I re-took the FAT's at the end of July this year, and required both a P and O pass!

oh well !:)

Strictly Jungly
11th Dec 2006, 14:41
Good Luck Nick,
Enjoy BRNC.
I have a feeling our paths will cross at some stage!

Regards,
SJ

Fly Navy, Sail Army
11th Dec 2006, 15:10
This might be a useful time to ask. Nick I just passed AIB and have apparently competitive P and O scores from OASC, as such Ive been put forward for selection as P pending medicals. With the exception of a 7/10 on Randot Stereovision I was all clear on the medical, how long did it take you to get the full results including the optician's retest back though?

I'd appreciate the help, god-willing I'll catch up with you at BRNC.

Cheers, FNSA

Pontius Navigator
11th Dec 2006, 15:37
For RAF P you still need adequate N scores too. Comes in handy in an aircraft without a nav.

glum
11th Dec 2006, 16:08
Well done, best of luck. Be nice to your engineers when you get your own aircraft!:ok:

Bismark
11th Dec 2006, 17:42
I think the new FATs for P at OASC include a heavy O element, so in effect you are still passing for both.

nick0021
11th Dec 2006, 17:51
FNSA,

I received the offer of a place at BRNC about 4 weeks after AIB. However, medical results did not come back for at least 6 weeks. When they all come back from the various places, they have to be graded by the doctor at AIB. They only notify you if there is a problem, but there is no harm in giving them a ring after a month or so, if only for peace of mind.

With regards to the Randot Stereovision test, I believe I scored 7 or 8 out of 10, so I’m sure you will be fine.

Hope that helps. Best of luck with it all mate.

Thanks for all your kind comments! AA, I’ve heard that a good iron helps!.. As well as a couple of tins of shoe polish!:ok:

Nick

bad livin'
11th Dec 2006, 19:13
Stout Fellow. Other vital items are as follows:

1. Numerous identical hangers with bars. Suggest wood as they are to be named.

2. Silvet shoe cloths - the bulling rag of champions.

3. Numerous pairs trouser twists, green. Essential.

4. Flip flops.

5. Box drawing pins.

6. Maglight with red filter. No, not the 12" long one.

7. Small sewing kit with black thread for buttons.

8. DECENT IRONING BOARD. The ones in the cabins are a disgrace. Named, service number also when received.

9. Stout padlock (and key).

10. 1 copy "Jackspeak", by Surg Cdr R Jolly RN (retd) for comedy reasons.

Get amongst it!! I had an absolutely fantastic year there. Work hard, play harder.