PDA

View Full Version : Aussie License change to European Licence

germs99
11th Dec 2006, 09:58
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on PPRUNE, hope i'm doin this right....

Anyway, i have just gained my CPL license in OZ and will have my (frozen)ATPL and ME CIR by March 07. (currently 200hrs TT / 75hrs PIC).

Looking at the recent postings on this site re: First time jobs for pilots in OZ, (NOT SO GOOD! :ugh: ) i have been looking at the option of going to Europe to try my luck...

I have the German and British passports, having lived in Germany for ten years, which will allow me to work in Europe.

Just the sheer amount of different airlines in Europe (especially Low-cost Airlines) make me wonder if there are more oportunities over there...

Any information regarding the process involved in transferring my licence from an Aussie one into a JAA ATPL licence and expected costs involved would be great to help me make my decision.....personal experiences would als be of great value!

Lookin forward to some responses.....:O

Cheers,

Germs99

podbreak
11th Dec 2006, 10:42
Germs, the topic has been covered time and again, a search will bring up the relevant info :ok: . Licence conversion is quite a process at the moment (with ATPL theory exams and what not).

PM me for info on flying in deutschland :ok: ...

remoak
11th Dec 2006, 10:58
Start here:

http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?categoryid=49&pagetype=90&pageid=7099

PatTheDog
11th Dec 2006, 13:25
Check your PM's

Regards,

Pat

Aussie
12th Dec 2006, 02:30
mate, going thru the conversion process at the moment, almost half way thru the JAA ATPLs...

From what i can gather, there is a hell of a lot more opportunity in Euro then Aus. However the conversion is not only costly, but also a lengthy process.

PM me for more details

Aussie

spifire
12th Dec 2006, 13:58
im currently doing conversion costs about 40K not cheap at all YOu will have to do about 14 atpl exams aslo your if again 50 hrs and also 15 hrs cpl again

Chocks Away
12th Dec 2006, 22:03
If you don't have the "spondoolies" to shell out for the conversion, stay here.

I'd stay here anyway because jobs are everywhere and basic CPL entry jobs have been advertised in the Friday Australian endlessly for the past 10 months, which is a strong indicator!

Coupled with that, Dragon Air/Cathay, VB, Jetstar, all the regionals (once their pilots are stolen/jump ship) have big recruitment plans next year, which is to drain this region of qualified drivers... leaving plenty of space at the entry level... if you're out there on the spot making your own mark and not sitting at home with Mum & Dad waiting for it to come to you.

My one piece of Gold advice:
Get a list of those with Commercial Air Operators Certificates and start calling/visiting.