PDA

View Full Version : Is it true your shoe size tells how...

terryJones
10th Dec 2006, 19:58
Is it true your shoe size tells how TALL you are.
I heard/read somewhere that the length of the foot x7 = height in inches.
Strange to relate, it works for me, so what about you lot out there.
Come on, off with these shoes.

Whirlygig
10th Dec 2006, 20:13
You know what they say about a man with big feet? :E

Big shoes! :}

Cheers

Whirls

Feet 8 3/4" x 7 = 61.25" = 5'1" but I'm 5' 4.5" !

So it doesn't work for me!

muppetofthenorth
10th Dec 2006, 20:22
Certainly different...

But no, tis close but not quite there.

Length of foot - 11 in

Height 6'2" [74 in]

'new height' - 6'5" [77 in]

Romeo Charlie
10th Dec 2006, 20:28
Foot = 10 1/2"

Calculated height = 10.5 x 7 = 73.5"

Actual height = 75"

DX Wombat
10th Dec 2006, 20:36
There is a correlation with a woman's shoe size and her ability to have a normal delivery. A short woman and/or one whose shoe size is less than a UK size 4 may be at risk of needing a Caesarian Section due to a small pelvis through which a normal (3.5 kgs) baby cannot pass.

brickhistory
10th Dec 2006, 20:47
Foot - 12" (que the 'Elephant Man' line, "I'm not an animal!")
Calculated height - 12" x 7 = 84"
Actual height - 76.5"

So perhaps the formula starts to be less accurate the larger the foot?

Howard Hughes
10th Dec 2006, 21:05
You know what they say about a man with big feet? :E
Nothing grows in the shade...;)

singaporegirl
10th Dec 2006, 22:42
My Pachyderm Correspondent tells me it works for elephants.

Height of elephant = 2.5 x circumference of foot.

And from what I've seen, the length of its willy isn't much shorter. :ooh: :rolleyes:

Halfbaked_Boy
10th Dec 2006, 22:58
Foot length = 12 inches

Calculated height = 7 foot (84 inches)

Actual height = 5'11 (71 inches)

So indeed, as somebody aforementioned, perhaps the formula becomes less accurate the futher you wander away from the standard deviation!?

These things never work on my body though... take BMI for example, I weigh 93 kilograms (about 14 1/2 stone iirc) and that therefore places me well into the 'overweight' catagory, and yet my body fat is just 11%! Better get back onto the 'conveyor belt' methinks...

Jack.

TheDesertFerret
10th Dec 2006, 23:03
Foot length 10 and a half"

Height 6'1"

Elapsed age 37.

Mental age 17.

IQ above average for west Leeds but below average elsewhere.

Hopefully this supports some form of imperical analysis that will fall out of this thread.

Loose rivets
11th Dec 2006, 03:11
One has a fortune in Bally shoes. I hasten to add that I mean made by Bally (only from Switzerland or Italy) and purchased in sales, or so long ago that they cost the square root of nowt. Anyway, they would be a thing of joy... supple, glistening hand-crafted terminations of my lower extremities.............if only my bleedin' feet hadn't got bigger. Even if the soddin' left ones will go on, the right ones wont!!!! Furthermore, my feet are the only things that have got bigger. It came as a great shock to find that I'm getting smaller. So, what does one conclude from all this? **** all, apart from "If you can't take a joke......."

psssst! Anyone want a collection of high quality right hand shoes? Well, not right hand shoes, as in shoes for the hand. Right hand foot shoes is what I mean...shoes that fit right-handed feet. WTF am I talking about? I must have had the same amount of boose as Foss.

Bahn-Jeaux
11th Dec 2006, 06:49
Feet 8 3/4" x 7 = 61.25" = 5'1" but I'm 5' 4.5" !

So it doesn't work for me!

Oh whirls, thats because you are a laydee.

Everyone knows that ladies feet are smaller...its so you can stand closer to the sink.:}

Grabs coat, puts big pan on top of head instead of hat and runs like hell for the door

Whirlygig
11th Dec 2006, 07:24
It's not often I get called a lady!!! Thank you! :} However, you ought to know that the tone ring in my Gold Tone Irish Custom Banjo is very very heavy indeed! Ain't no frying pan gonna stop that causing some damage!

However, there is a pub trick to do with girls and boys.

Stand facing a wall with your feet together and both touching the skirting board.
Then take three dolly steps backwards i.e. steps that are the length of your foot, right toe against left heel.
Put a small bar stool between you and the wall, something that either sex can lift.
Using your hands for initial support, place the top of your head on the wall so that your forms a "flying buttress"!.

Pick the stool up and then stand up straight. Men can't do this; women can! Well, I've see one man who could do it just about!

Cheers

Whirls

VitaminGee
11th Dec 2006, 12:18
Size 11 x 7 = 77in. Height 6'5" = 77in - it works!! [how boringly normal!!] :rolleyes:
Once knew a chap who was 6ft 4in but had size 7 feet :eek: don't know to this day how he stayed vertical!
Using your hands for initial support,
Aha! that's where I went wrong. :ugh: :ouch:

Wyler
11th Dec 2006, 13:11
Size 9 feet but only 5'8".

Thank God for my huge willy.

Smeagol
11th Dec 2006, 13:29
"Pick the stool up and then stand up straight. Men can't do this; women can! Well, I've see one man who could do it just about! "

Sorry Whirls, I can do this easily (in fact I use it as a party trick!) but you are almost correct, MOST men cannot do this.

I do have small feet (size 7 UK, Euro 40). 9.25 inches long.

The formula does not work for me as I should be 5' 5" and am actually 5' 11"!

Whirlygig
11th Dec 2006, 14:43
Yes! As I said I had seen one chap do it and he has about size 6 feet and is about 5' 6". I'm sure there are some women who wouldn't be able to do it but it is funny to get a group of girls together who can pick up the bar stool easily and then a load of strapping young men suffer and grimace trying!!

Cheers

Whirls

swervin'mervin
11th Dec 2006, 15:46
Too much maths for me that - but did you know it is impossible to lick your elbow - go on you know you're gunna try now:ok:

airborne_artist
11th Dec 2006, 18:50
I have size 11" long feet. I'm 6'0" tall. 11*7= 77, which means I should be 6'5"....

Still I'm glad I'm not that tall - 6'4" is the max for UK military parachute trg. So I couldn't be AA :ok:

Whirlygig
11th Dec 2006, 19:01
AA, perhaps your feet spread out from landing on them too many times!

Cheers

Whirls

Wholigan
11th Dec 2006, 19:34
Aaaaaaaah Whirls - I guess that would explain the shape of the rear-end of a lady I was ice-skating behind once ........ :E :E :E

Whirlygig
11th Dec 2006, 19:48
...er...Wholigan, I didn't know you went ice-skating too! :O I'm a lot better at it now!

Cheers

Whirls

B Fraser
11th Dec 2006, 21:04
5'10" tall with size 10 feet (but I take a size 11 due to the width :E )

You know what they say about Scotsmen with big noses ?

Fresh air is free ;)

gorgeous spotter
11th Dec 2006, 21:51
5'10" tall with size 10 feet (but I take a size 11 due to the width :E )

You know what they say about Scotsmen with big noses ?

Fresh air is free ;)

You are the second person to refer to that today; just had a lovely dinner with my best friend and she said you know what they say about men with big noses - but she says its a Yorkshire thing! Question is - is it true?? Sorry to lower the tone of the thread but I'd never heard this before!!:} :)

G-CPTN
11th Dec 2006, 21:54
If you've got a long nose you'll always be in demand for snuffling.
Especially if you can breathe through your ears.

TheDesertFerret
11th Dec 2006, 22:12
"my best friend and she said you know what they say about men with big noses - but she says its a Yorkshire thing!"

I'm a Yorkshireman with a big nose and I don't know what its supposed to mean. Please enlighten me.

phnuff
12th Dec 2006, 11:45
A quick google finds !!!

Shoe Size - Penis Size Conversion ChartsCharts for converting shoe sizes between America, UK, Japan, and Europe and ... the average shoe size is 10.5 and the average size penis is 6 inches?" ...
www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes-anatomy.html

tilewood
12th Dec 2006, 17:04
A quick google finds !!!
Shoe Size - Penis Size Conversion ChartsCharts for converting shoe sizes between America, UK, Japan, and Europe and ... the average shoe size is 10.5 and the average size penis is 6 inches?" ...
www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes-anatomy.html

Yeah right on the shoe size, but WAY under for the other measurement!! ;)

Tricky Woo
12th Dec 2006, 19:39
Is it troooo that women who wear high stiletto-heeled shoes invariably have a vagina the size of a bucket?

Hmm, I think I'm really getting into the spirit of this really super thread.

TW

gorgeous spotter
12th Dec 2006, 20:42
"my best friend and she said you know what they say about men with big noses - but she says its a Yorkshire thing!"

I'm a Yorkshireman with a big nose and I don't know what its supposed to mean. Please enlighten me.

You don't need me to enlighten you now if you read the next two or three below; never heard of anyone male before having a big nose supposedly having a big you know what. Racking my brains to think of any ex boyfriends who would fit that category but then they wouldn't be exes would they??!! However, when I am now out and about in Manchester and I see someone attractive with a big hooter I will be idly thinking...:E :E

Whirlygig
12th Dec 2006, 20:46
I will be idly thinking ...

"I wonder of he's a Scotsman or a Yorkshireman taking advantage of the fresh air 'cos it's cheap!"

Cheers

Whirls