PDA

View Full Version : Wizz Air working conditions

ExMedevac
10th Dec 2006, 15:33
Hi guys, I'm considering applying to WizzAir for their new Bucharest base and I'd like to hear from anybody who knows what working there is like, preferably first hand. Things like what are the people like, do they play by the rules, do they pay on time, things like that. I'd really like to know if there are any red flags I should know about, but don't be shy and tell me about the good stuff too.

Much appreciated.

George Foreman
12th Dec 2006, 12:27
I worked for Wizz in Poland for 5-6 months, around 5 months ago and I loved it. It was hard work but it was fun and enjoyable and a fantastic training/experience building environment for me. Things can change of course, and I've heard that there is a new Chief Pilot now.

As a young and growing airline with plenty more 320s on order they will have an ongoing need pilots and the demand is certainly there in their chosen markets.

The crews are nice, professional and pleasant and the flight deck is a truly international environment.

The reason I left was principally financial .. what was on offer was not going to contribute much to paying down my training costs.

Enjoy

Aussie
12th Dec 2006, 23:09
Check ya pms Mr Foreman!

Aussie

B767PL
14th Dec 2006, 17:27
Hello, somewhat off topic, but on topic. I was looking on the wizzair site, and some of the requirements are the following:

º Hold ATPL, national licence (issued according to ICAO or JAA regulations)

What exactly is an ATPL national license? "issued according to ICAO or JAA regulations" does that mean an FAA ATPL will suffice, as I believe FAA ATPL counts for an ICAO ATPL? Correct me if I'm wrong. Or does this mean they are willing to validate FAA license? (As ryanair is doing, I believe).

º Have completed Performance A for ICAO licence holders

What is the Performance A? I tried to google it but had difficulty finding the Performance A.

º Have completed jet familiarisation/orientation course or be prepared to complete (at own expense) before firm offer is made by Wizz Air

Is this in other words a type-rating?

Thank you for any helpful replies, I am currently in the U.S, and planning on hopefully moving back to Europe some day, and am not completely familiar with some of the regulations, or processes yet. :ok:

Soft Altitude
17th Dec 2006, 18:47
Also please,some info on how to get in touch with the recruitment team will be highly appreciated: Applied three times to Wizz in the last 7 months, through their website, still got the same automated reply:"if we do not call you before such and such date your file we'll be kept on file for future openings" (!!!!!) Are they short of pilots or not ? I thought 6000 hrs narrow and widebody Bus airline jet time would mean something to them ?!
Many thanks in advance.

Aussie
17th Dec 2006, 23:24
Seems like going in to see them in person is the best bet!

Anyone out there from wizzair care to shed some light?

Aussie

che ci dò che ci dò!
19th Dec 2006, 13:48
Hi everybody,
does anyone have a contact detail of the one who's in charge of recruiting?