PDA

View Full Version : Falklands War - Vids/Images

Hoobie Schnaps
10th Dec 2006, 08:34
Looking for a little help. I am organising a Dining In night that will be held in a Joint Mess to celebrate the liberation of the Falklands. I will look to have three speakers , one from each service, each of whom will give a short speach an aspect of on their own services' involvement. In addition I want to put together a sort of medley of video clips that will be played to give a feel for the whole crisis; from the build up to the invasion to the putting together a of the task force, the sea, air and land campaign and finally the return home. Hopefully it will capture much of the emotion of the time, including the impact that the war had on the soldiers, sailors and airmen that fought it. The help I need is some advice on where I may fin the clips to make the thing work. Basically I suppose most of it would be from the news coverage of the time so does anyone have any ideas on where one would find such clips: "I counted them all out and counted them back in...." sort of stuff.

Any advice gratefully received.

Regards HS.

Oggin Aviator
10th Dec 2006, 08:42
The library at JCSC (if you have a mate on course there) has hundreds of military videos - bound to be something there.

Here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/low/correspondents/newsid_2626000/2626477.stm) you can actually hear the BH quote and no doubt download it.

SASless
10th Dec 2006, 15:27
Perhaps a Toast to those lost or wounded in the fight....and their families. They paid the real cost for that victory.