PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Melbourne and Mildura Base Question.

The Monst.
10th Dec 2006, 07:07
G'day all, and all the best for Christmas and the New Year.
I'm after information about both the Melbourne and Mildura bases. Please either PM me or post here info about rosters and overnight bases including overnights per month, reserve days and weekends. I've done a search and filtered through all the results but have only found info on rostering from Sydney.
Thanks in advance and best regards.

deckchair
27th Jan 2007, 00:03
The Monst, did you receive any handy info re. this post pre Christmas?
If so would you mind sending on to me?

Thanks in anticipation.

missing link
28th Jan 2007, 22:55
Re Melb base. Rosters are subject to 4 roster requests per month, between 5 and 8 overnight per month, Newcastle, Devonport, Launceston
Only one weekend off per month, other days off can be single days .
Rostering is generally more flexible than Syd - but you need to understand that what you pick up on the swings you may lose on the roundabout - that is , there has to be give and take if you want flexible rostering.
;)

deckchair
29th Jan 2007, 01:31
Thanks Missing Link, so with a young family and only one weekend off per month it's a rent-a-dad scenario, especially as a fresh FO. I get the feeling there is little movement in the Cpt ranks ensuring a lengthy stint in the right hand seat?

missing link
29th Jan 2007, 21:54
5 years and counting - for command , may pick up a little this year if the jungle jets take some crew , however junior F/O's seem to be the main body of crew leaving for greener pastures.:ugh:

deckchair
29th Jan 2007, 23:16
Hi Missing Link,

You are obviously close to the EAA operation. Any chance of being able to ring you for some accurate advice?