PDA

View Full Version : New tax to be paid on purchased tickets

manintheback
9th Dec 2006, 17:59
Found out today I have to pay an extra £240 on tickets already purchased as a result of robber Browns 'environmental' tax. Thats right its retrospective - any flight from Feb 1st whether already paid or not. And to show how far removed these fools are from normal life, they claim we can always choose not to go and get our money back - such exalted lives they lead they have no idea about non refundable tickets being the norm for an awful lot of pax.

And I guess not a passenger topic but how on earth can Brown claim its an enviromental tax when giving permission to build a third runway at Heathrow to allow more flights?

Rant over

Slavedriver
9th Dec 2006, 19:05
Well a 3rd runway at LHR would be good for the environment as it would dramatically cut down on the amount of fuel burnt holding, erm, but only if a capacity restriction was then placed on the airport,,unlikely.

If all these taxes were used to fund free wind generators or solar water heaters for everyone then I wouldn't have a problem with them.

manintheback
9th Dec 2006, 20:12
Well a 3rd runway at LHR would be good for the environment as it would dramatically cut down on the amount of fuel burnt holding, erm, but only if a capacity restriction was then placed on the airport,,unlikely.

This isnt a debate abouta 3rd runway, I'm pointing out his hypocrisy (an extra 500 flights from around the world might add up to a tad more than the existing holding fuel burnt) and that this tax is effectively retrospective.