PDA

View Full Version : B727 Mel

jetcharter727
9th Dec 2006, 15:34
Need information on company or person In South Africa that can make a B727 MEL/DDP.
Needs to conform with SACAA requirments
this is for a new start up VIP727 charter company in South Africa.

Please Email me. [email protected].

regards

JeyFromLFMT
10th Dec 2006, 17:26
Great! can't help you but... :hmm: Do they look for low hour FOs ?? :E

whiskeyflyer
11th Dec 2006, 08:59
click on the following for the B727 (and other aircraft MMELs)
http://www.opspecs.com/AFSDATA/MMELs/Final/transport/

These are the FAA MMELs and as the B727 is a US Type Certified aircraft, this is what the SACAA want to see as the basis for your MEL (i.e. slap your logo on the page and add an introduction as supplied by SACAA. Do not even think of altering anything from the downloaded MMEL, the SACAA will not approve it (unless of coarse the item referred to is not fitted on your aircraft, then you simply write in not fitted). As it is a VIP aircraft you should have change orders from the company who did the certification of the interior, where it effects the MMEL.

For the DDP have you contacted the JNB Boeing rep?

CJ750
17th Dec 2006, 05:16
Doing a SACAA mel is not that simple. I wish. You can try a guy at Lanseria called Willy Moore. Good luck. My first mel took a yera and a half after being lost and i am now waiting for 14 months for the latest revision to be approved. :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

jbayfan
17th Dec 2006, 06:07
Who will be maintaining the aircraft? Aero Nexus maintain and operate a VIP B727 and could take care of everything for you.