PDA

View Full Version : Engineering Positions in Dubai??

Black Hands
8th Dec 2006, 15:38
Would anyone currently employed by Emirates in Dubai be able to enlighten me as to the current status of the Engineering department. Morale?? Terms and conditions?? Career development?? I am an Aussie LAME working for "The Rat" and have found it difficult to find any accurate or credible information... I am aware that this site is used primarily by Tech crew, however any information you guys could provide me would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

jettison valve
9th Dec 2006, 10:23
... joining Black Hands in his request... :rolleyes:

Cheers,
J.V.

Black Hands
17th Dec 2006, 17:17
G'day J.V, it seems our request has fallen on deaf ears...
I'll try and ellaborate on the minimal information that I have to date, and hopefully you, or someone else may be able to fill in the blanks, and correct me where I'm wrong.
I believe the base salary for an E3 LAE is approx. 12000 AED per month with an additional 500 AED per month per a/c type payment (up to a maximum of 4 types). At this stage, I am unsure of any other incidential payments the boys may receive or are required to pay (ie medical insurance, pension fund etc..).
The details I have with regards to the shifts worked is scratchy at best, but I believe it to be 12 hours (2days, 2nights...). When it comes to moral or training, mate, your guess is as good as mine. One would assume that you would encounter the same commercial pressures, incompetent bumbling managers, backstabbing and arse licking that comes with working in the aviation industry.. All pretty standard there.
As a single bloke, I understand accommodation is a unit. Number of bedrooms?? Quality?? Furnished?? Temporary??
In reference to living in Dubai, its cost of living and rampant inflation figures, I'm sure you'll find enough information on this site and elsewhere to make an informed decision.
Anyway mate, thats the picture as I have it. If you, or anyone else would care to ellaborate further... Please, your input would be greatly appreciated, and I'm sure help not only myself, but many others in making a well informed decision.
Cheers.

sir.pratt
17th Dec 2006, 17:58
http://www.airmech.co.uk/forums/index.php

jettison valve
17th Dec 2006, 20:21
sir.pratt,

Thanks for the extensive, "first hand" info... :hmm:

Black Hands,

Not too much info from my side, I am afraid. Especially as we apparently look for different jobs: I am usually driving a desk - it´s become very rare for me to touch a plane. :{
I know EK is looking for more desk drivers like me, but some issues keep me from applying in DXB:
- I would lose job security
- I´ve run into EK engineering folks that think the world centres around DXB... :yuk:
- I totally agree with your sentence about the "aviation industry"; however, I think this goes together with big organizations, which again would be a con against EK.

I am afraid we´ll have to dig around a bit more... :{

Regards,
J.V.