PDA

View Full Version : The best Christmas Ad yet????

TBirdFrank
8th Dec 2006, 13:46
I know its a You Tube but you really need to see this one - and yes - the effing huggy fluffies are trying to have it banned

The marketing team for this company do it again and again - but this is their best yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfiqrkV_ZqI

lexxity
8th Dec 2006, 14:02
Brilliant!! :} :E :D

fernytickles
8th Dec 2006, 14:34
Fantastic :)

On what basis can the E.H.Fs get it banned? No rudie words, no smut, no innuendo, no booze, no pictures like Mr Prick. Maybe thats whats wrong?

Loki
8th Dec 2006, 14:47
Wonderful!!

UniFoxOs
8th Dec 2006, 15:01
Fantastic :)
On what basis can the E.H.Fs get it banned? No rudie words, no smut, no innuendo, no booze, no pictures like Mr Prick. Maybe thats whats wrong?

Violence?? - Well they want Tom and Jerry banned.

UFO

AcroChik
8th Dec 2006, 15:08
Great animation, loverly seasonal images, sweet attitude. Love the Loch Ness monster! Well done undersrtated treatment of the drink.

What could people possibly object to? That it harkens to Christmas? That the snowman's white? For goodness sakes! Folks need to relax.

Yesterday evening I visited a small (20 people) office near Wall Street for a birthday party, where people had decorated their workplaces with Chanukah, Christmas and some non-religious wintery things. It's a diverse company, including a few Buddhists, a couple Muslims, at least one Hindu and of course some Chistians and Jews. Everyone seems to be getting on famously.

TBirdFrank
8th Dec 2006, 15:29
The Huggy Fluffs want all ads for sugary drinks that may appeal to kids withdrawn from UK television

Capt. Queeg
8th Dec 2006, 16:16
Maybe they want to ban it so kids don't grow thinking that thing you press your clothes with is spelt "Irn"... :rolleyes:

I'd ban it just because it's sure to get on the nerves, that tune.

Banning advertising of sugary drinks - not such a bad idea, are UK kids getting fatter these days?

AcroChik
8th Dec 2006, 18:45
The Huggy Fluffs want all ads for sugary drinks that may appeal to kids withdrawn from UK television

Never would have crossed my mind. Some of the most artful advertising in the States comes from Coca Cola, who must spend a mint making their little movies.

While we're at it...

Let's ban all auto advertising because of the global warming threat.

And airline advertising because you just know those things are spreading chemtrails.

And beer, surely it's the devil's brew.

And lingerie, too! You know what that might lead to.

And why not kill ads for resorts while we're at it, cause people might have a bit of fun while they're there.

But with all the advertising gone, we'd be left watching the programs, so forget about it.

TBirdFrank
8th Dec 2006, 19:06
Have you seen Coca Cola's 2006 ad? - doesn't quite do it for me.

One of Barrs earliest from some twenty years ago is here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNVK1qPPZgk

The machine's response at the very end is known as a "Glasgow Kiss"

fernytickles
8th Dec 2006, 19:09
Well if they decide to ban Irn Bru as a sugary drink, perhaps they could revive the ads as a great hangover cure/New Years Day drink?

Its banned in the US. Still not sure why. Have been known to bring some contraband in from Canada on occasion :)

AcroChik
8th Dec 2006, 19:13
"... it's not a drink from those crazy Yanks..."

Nice job. And funny. I've never tasted the stuff. Is it any good?

From Wikipedia:

"The legal status of Irn-Bru in the United States is unclear. Several American companies import Irn-Bru, yet it is currently listed as a banned substance by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The FDA website[4] lists Irn-Bru and Diet Irn-Bru as containing the banned carcinogenic colouring Ponceau 4R, and Sunset Yellow FCF, which the FDA has to approve on a per-batch basis[5]. One importer, IRN-BRU USA. [6], modifies the drink to conform to FDA requirements."

lexxity
8th Dec 2006, 19:17
Irn Bru is the nectar of the gods. I remember when Dad (Tbird if any of you don't know) used to bring it back from Scotland for me.
It's the best hangover cure in the world too.
Shall I bring you some over Acro next time I'm in NYC?

AcroChik
8th Dec 2006, 19:24
Yes, please. But not in your carryon :p

A Brit I know here claims Lucozade's the best hangover cure. I've never had a hangover, but I'm here to tell you the drink tastes like (insert explitive deleted).

TBird's your Da? How groovy!

lexxity
8th Dec 2006, 19:25
No, Lucozade is the devil. :yuk:

djk
8th Dec 2006, 19:27
My favourite has to been the one for Mr Kipling Mince Pies (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6195646.stm) that was banned a couple of years ago

Davaar
8th Dec 2006, 20:18
spelt "Irn"... :rolleyes:

It used to be "Iron". They had to change it, I believe, because exactly of external pressures: "truth in advertising". Apparently, after all, it was not made of girders. Pretty obvious that a lot of girder-eaters would feel sadly deceived.

I am told, incidentally, by friends in the Coca-Cola world that Scotland is the one country in which they acknowledge defeat for top seller, and Irn Bru is the winning product.

Lon More
8th Dec 2006, 21:13
Its banned in the US
They have a web site up and running there - states it will be available from Feb. 2007

It used to be "Iron". I bought a cloned product from Aldi or Lidl in the UK, labelled as "Iron Brew",

Still got the t shirt, Made in Scotland from girders

Davaar
8th Dec 2006, 22:11
labelled as "Iron Brew",
Still got the t shirt,

Yes. That is the outfit. You have a collector's item there. Hold on to it. Your fish supper without the Irn Bru (or Iron Brew, as it was) is strawberries without the cream.

Re-entry
8th Dec 2006, 22:16
AcroChik. \
Who are you. Wanna fly with me?

pzu
8th Dec 2006, 22:19
Sorry folks, at the risk of upsetting ALL you Jock's:ugh: (I hate the Welsh!!!')

IRN BRU is only 'Poor Man's TIZER':ok:

PZU - Out of Africa

rugmuncher
8th Dec 2006, 22:23
D'you mean Tizer that is made by Barrs,, who make Irn Bru,, both of which are a pound a bottle,, still with the refund caps.

Tizer is Red Cola,,,, Irn Bru is the new Ambrosia!

rugmuncher
8th Dec 2006, 22:33
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h67/mistypinkmoon/SXJuIGJydTo2ODU5NDU3OQ1.jpg

TBirdFrank
9th Dec 2006, 00:41
Well that had to be submitted by someone from Bristol! :ok: :uhoh:

Eff Oh
9th Dec 2006, 15:31
Irn Bru is the best drink in the world! As a proud Scot I consume it in vast quantities. Davaar I don't believe however that the Barr's product was ever called "Iron."

obgraham
9th Dec 2006, 16:21
...Scotland is the one country in which they acknowledge defeat for top seller, and Irn Bru is the winning product.Right up there would be Peru: Inca Cola all the way!

Lon More
9th Dec 2006, 18:30
For edification of Eff Oh
http://www.mikeholt-britishstamps.com/images_list_32/0573.jpg

BTW My late father was manager of one of the SCWS "Aerated Water" factories. He told me once that the SCWS, later trading as Henry's, had often tried, unsuccessfully, to take over Barr's in an attempt to bost flagging sales

Foss
9th Dec 2006, 19:41
'See you jimmy, unless you sell, I'm gaing to bost yer head.'

I'll get my coat.
Fos

Lon More
9th Dec 2006, 20:02
See you jimmy, unless you sell, I'm gaing to bost yer head
Actually the birector, Mr. Muns, was English, known to all as "the bluddy xouthern eejit"