PDA

View Full Version : Forum Rules

DownIn3Green
8th Dec 2006, 01:55
Danny,

You have a great site here, and as far as I know, I have always abided by the "rules" since I joined in 1998...my new "joining date" came after the re-org of the site....

You have the right and I fully support that right, to try to qualify and weed out the "wan#ers" and "know-it-alls" but today when I attempted to reply to a post, I was directed to either "comply" or leave tis site.

I have chosen the latter...

Thank you Danny for all of your very hard work, most at your expense, but DI3G is resigning from this site because....

Best To All,

Dale

jondc9
8th Dec 2006, 02:18
yes, pprune is going downhill...agree with the powers that be, or be shot down.

DownIn3Green
8th Dec 2006, 02:21
And I thought I would never, ever agree with JDC9...

mutt
8th Dec 2006, 05:21
Hey DI3G..... Long time no see.....

Everyone got directed to the "new rules", so dont take it personally..

It certainly has stopped people from joining, posting multiple threads selling fake watches etc....

So hang in there....

Mutt....

Captain Airclues
8th Dec 2006, 09:41
DI3G

As mutt says, we all had this. Just click on 'agree' and get on with enjoying PPRuNe.

www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=252163

Airclues

fmgc
8th Dec 2006, 10:12
I don't see this as a bad thing. I have been minded to write to Danny about my concerns as a long time and keen ppruner.

As an Airline Captain I have been very concerned about the amount of second guessing and ignorant comments regarding decisions that Captains have made.

I cite as an example : http://www.pprune.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2919879&postcount=6

There have many others.

The Company I work for DO NOT ever question a Captains decision (as long as it was safe). The reason being that they do not want the thought of retribution weighing heavily on the minds of their pilots when making a decision in the heat of the moment. Safety Rules!

If some of these ignorant posters are allowed to continue then it will be judgement on Pprune, and therefore in the public, that weighs heavily on Captains' minds and that can not be good for safety.

Please don't get me wrong I do not have a problem with people asking genuine questions but I do have a problem with ignorants judging decisions made of which they have no understanding at all.

corsair
8th Dec 2006, 14:59
I don't even remember having to comply with the new rules. I guess that shows the impact they had on me.

But if they reduce the kind of breathtakingly bad posts highlighted by fcmg then it must be good.

Rick Storm
8th Dec 2006, 15:39
DownIn3/fmgc

Stop acting like a pair of drama queens. Democracy dear boys.

RC