PDA

View Full Version : Any Airlines still offer a final salary pension to new joiners?

Dave
7th Dec 2006, 19:39
Any Airlines still offer a final salary pension to new joiners?

Thats my question, I'm just curious....

Cheers.

RoyHudd
7th Dec 2006, 19:56
Probably Air France.

Dave
7th Dec 2006, 20:02
I meant UK airlines.

Pub User
7th Dec 2006, 22:41
I think Thomsonfly still have one.

Pilot Pete
7th Dec 2006, 22:54
Tfly do, but you can't join it for 5 years.....if it is still there by then;)

PP

p.s. I believe it is the only one still open to new joiners in the UK.

Tooloose
8th Dec 2006, 09:24
Aer Lingus has a very good one and, yes , I know it's not U.K. but it's not very far away.

ICING AOA
8th Dec 2006, 09:48
Probably Air France.

air france uses a national pension scheme which has to be used by all french airlines so their aircrew give every month a percentage of their salary to this scheme, and once they are retired, they get their pension from it.

LITTLE PROB : Air France has killed all french airlines, in order to get the monopoly :mad: ... so now, this national pension scheme is about to be very short of money, because only air france crew are still alive !!! In about 20 years time, this scheme wont be able to pay the individual retirements then :O

The french equivalent of BALPA (=SNPL) has been complaining a lot about this red warning ! so now bloody french politics have found out a solution to this problem : " all companies having a base on the french territory for their crew, will have to use french contracts "-----> in other words, easyJet crew based at Paris, Ryanair crew based at Marseille, etc, etc, will all have to sign a contract under french law, and they will have to pay for this national scheme in order to help their air france collegues to have a nice retirements pension scheme :yuk:

Made in (Air) France.;)

MrBernoulli
8th Dec 2006, 11:06
"Tfly do, but you can't join it for 5 years.....if it is still there by then."

It can't ..... and won't last!

Bingbong320
9th Dec 2006, 11:25
Aer Lingus have a very good one still open for new entants. 30/45ths of final salary at age 55. Roll on retirement

zon3
12th Dec 2006, 18:50
"Tfly do, but you can't join it for 5 years.....if it is still there by then."

It can't ..... and won't last!

Just curious... what makes you say that? Any figures or info?

deeceethree
12th Dec 2006, 20:20
No empirical data per se, just that with investments, historically, not performing as previous 20 years; people living longer; companies trimming everything to the bone etc etc. Consequently Tfly will not want to increase contributions, to keep the scheme viable, and I doubt members of the scheme REALLY know how much they will have to increase contributions to keep it afloat.