PDA

View Full Version : F16 SAM Dodging HUD Footage

Tombstone
7th Dec 2006, 17:31
http://www.patricksaviation.com/videos/LucasStL/1180/large/

Not a bad effort when you take into acount that his chaff pod failed to release a single burst!

Apologies if this has already been posted.

LateArmLive
7th Dec 2006, 18:10
Scary stuff. I remember seeing this video not long after the event took place. You've gotta love the comments written underneath it on the website :\

Tombstone
8th Dec 2006, 17:28
It would have made a great advert for Carling Lager going along with their theme at the time.

'I bet he drinks Carling Black Label!'

BombayDuck
9th Dec 2006, 06:50
Can anyone give a scene-to-scene account of what exactly happened? The video was scary enough WITHOUT me understanding most of it...

Damn impressive though.... keeping your head through this all!

SASless
9th Dec 2006, 13:31
I don't know about you....but dodging 5-6 SAM's at one time is sufficient cause to poop in one's breeches! Thinking just maybe your time has come....and waiting for inevitable...does have a way of altering your mindset....particularly when you can see it coming in the form of telephone poles spewing rocket exhaust!:mad:

Two aircraft were shot down that day....and the pilots captured. Perhaps the Intelligence Section overstated the degradation of the Iraqi Air Defense!:(

brickhistory
9th Dec 2006, 13:40
Can anyone give a scene-to-scene account of what exactly happened? The video was scary enough WITHOUT me understanding most of it...
Damn impressive though.... keeping your head through this all!

If I remember right, it was a daylight mass raid of F-16s (something 32-40-ish jets) without Wild Weasel support in an area considered relatively clean against an area target (forgot what it was).

Not quite so sanitized as something like 40-60 SAMs were spotted.
Clusterf*ck is one of the terms used to describe the event.

Wyler
9th Dec 2006, 13:57
Everyone at the MOD should watch that every morning before they start work, just to remind them why they came to work this morning.

Everyone at the Treasury should watch that every morning, to remind themselves that we are not just another 'business'.

Faithless
9th Dec 2006, 14:14
"Everyone at the Treasury should watch that every morning, to remind themselves that we are not just another 'business".

Yeah too right but they have had a rough ride on the journey to work this morning!! with all them commuters cramming onto the tube, Dodging all those dispatch riders, black cabs,buses and cyclists....and to top it all the Green Bean cafe has ran out of their favorite coffee...the jobs worth t@ss pots.

HUDcripple
10th Dec 2006, 02:25
As I recall from GW 1, our CF Int folks had the same elint info on the location of that SA6 Battery as the USAF. After some period of time, the USAF Int types removed it from their EOB (enemy order of battle) as it hadn't emitted for a while. Our Int types were surprised when they heard that Strike Pkg Q was planned to fly right through the old SA6 Battery...and lo and behold...
If I was that guy, I'd be asking some serious questions of my Intel staff...:*
HC