PDA

View Full Version : Delta Airlines in JHB

ERASER
7th Dec 2006, 13:42
Saw a Delta B767-200 in JHB last night, what a nice take off, not a very long roll and steep climb.
Where will the technical stop be enroute to Atlanta and how many flights a week.....? Will they replace the B762 with bigger equipment?

Nice to see some compitition, might not be the best US airline but still....hope they last longer that USAfrica on the Africa route.

Thanx

E

cigar
7th Dec 2006, 18:57
DL operate ATL-DKR-JNB with a B763ER, not a B762. The route was initially launched as a B763ER, then was scheduled to get a B772ER for a while but switched back to the B763ER which is operating the route at present.

DL have just finalised an order for 5 more B772LRs which I'm sure will operate the JNB flights for them - maybe even non-stop. :eek: :eek: :eek:

18left
9th Dec 2006, 06:50
delta has plans of jfk- dkr- joburg,and jfk -accra,i believe they are soon to launch this services,lagos was also on the list but everything seems to have gone quiet there,does anyone have any info?
must say its a long flight to have without individual video screens,as some of there 767 ERS are not fitted with this,its chicken neck strecthing to watch a movie,and there buisness class sucks,looks like BA'S or virgins premium economy

Tcee747
9th Dec 2006, 22:11
Delta Airlines might switch back to 777 aircraft after getting new orders placed with Boeing.

see below

http://news.delta.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=10478

ERASER
10th Dec 2006, 08:32
Thanx for the info.

Think I'll rather stick with SAA at this time untill the Delta B777 arrive.

E