PDA

View Full Version : Blairforce one

WhoopWhoop Whoops
7th Dec 2006, 11:39
I notice on the BBC TV Blairforce 1 now exists it looks like a A319 0r A320 VIP jet arriving at Andrews USAF base Washington in darkness.
It is in Royal 32 SQD colours
Introduced as a Stealth jet I see, he does not want the publicity nodoubt.
Anybody got any more inormation.

longarm
7th Dec 2006, 11:52
Privatair or Twinjet perhaps ?

cirrus01
7th Dec 2006, 11:53
So...... would you prefer that the rest of the world see him arrive in a 35 year old VC-10 ???

Think that N0. 10 charter the aircraft..........sometimes its BA especially if the press pack accompany him.

WhoopWhoop Whoops
7th Dec 2006, 12:02
No the aircraft had a mini union jack by the door and the 32 SQD blue stripe down the side. They only showed the front of the aircraft on the TV.
I had understood nothing would be bought or leased till 2008. If this aircraft is as it seems to be, the aircraft must have been bought 2nd hand or it had bee ordered some time ago and not made public in case of political opposition.

Skipness One Echo
7th Dec 2006, 12:39
Wasn't it Twinjet's A319 G-OMAK on charter? It sure as Hell doesn't belong to 32SQ.

longarm
7th Dec 2006, 12:54
Twinjets A319cj has a blue stripe on a light background very similar to 32 Squadrons blue & red stripe.

Maybe he's having a test flight. Its currently for sale for $40m.

mightymouse111
7th Dec 2006, 13:09
Good to know that he is doing his bit for the environment....NOT!

How about using a scheduled airline or a smaller business jet if he is so so concerned about aircraft emmissions!!:ugh:

Yet again he proves that everytime he opens his mouth lies come out!!

JamesA
7th Dec 2006, 13:18
Cirrus,
Are you asleep in the deep south? The R. A. F. has been operating the VC10 in its many versions for over forty years. They even splashed out of the defence budget to paint the fin of one to commemorate the occasion-
www.vc10.net/forum or http://vc10.mackrick.co.uk

And yes I would prefer to see a head of state or government (even TB himself), arrive anywhere in one of these splendid machines. It might be old but, it has more grace and character than a Frog inspired Scarebus.

dartagnan
7th Dec 2006, 13:32
time to warm up your missile shoulder launchers!:E

DTY/LKS
7th Dec 2006, 14:58
Yes it was Twinjet and A319. Flew out of EGLL yest aft.

The late XV105
7th Dec 2006, 15:11
And yes I would prefer to see a head of state or government (even TB himself), arrive anywhere in one of these splendid machines.

Exactly. A more gracefully proportioned transport never flew (even shades Concorde in my book), and I'd much rather even Tony B Liar arrive in something distinctive, unique, and, well, British. That we don't have something more recent to offer is quite a separate story.

Skipness One Echo
7th Dec 2006, 15:38
A white shiny 10SQ VC10 was very VIP looking and the lines have not aged one bit. Thirsty it may be but it is still a high performance machine. Ahhhhh Vickers....

Nowadays I agree though, it's not what is needed. It should be a VIP RAF A330 operated in tandem with all the other RAF A330 tankers.
Except defence now accounts for the lowest %GDP since the 1930s and we are at war on two fronts. Indeed the county is being led by Bliar-ing half wits........

Lon More
7th Dec 2006, 16:47
A white shiny 10SQ VC10 was very VIP looking and the lines have not aged one bit.

Biggest problem is that it's probably not RVSM compliant?

Nogbad the Bad
7th Dec 2006, 17:30
I'd much rather see a VC10 than a poxy A320 anyday.

One has class, the other's French - take yer pick :}

goldcup
7th Dec 2006, 21:28
Lon- RAF VC10 been RVSM compliant for at least the last 7 years (as long as I've flown them). Problem is there is no money in the pot to keep the VIP fit going. That, and the fact that the few serviceable frames left are in the Gulf!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
8th Dec 2006, 01:05
Wasn't it Twinjet's A319 G-OMAK on charter?No, it was G-PODL :D

Lon More
8th Dec 2006, 01:50
Goldcup It's one of my favourite aircraft, but not having seen one for a number of years in the UAS here I had assumed it wasn't compliant