PDA

View Full Version : Special Mission Operators

Sweeper 22
7th Dec 2006, 10:36
Hello,

I’m looking for some assistance in finding details of operators in the UK, who operate aircraft in Special Missions Operations. ie: surveillance, research, monitoring, calibration etc…

I’m a fairly newly qualified fATPL with circa 250hrs and fully appreciate the flying ability required will be greater than that of commercial operations, hence my interest, and that my experience may be lacking. However, I’m in current flying practice, building hours and have no great desire to fly the airlines, other than building further hours/experience.

What I’m looking to achieve is a database of companies that I can make initial contact with, establish their requirements and target them for employment as my experience grows.

I have details on the following companies, but I’d appreciate if others may be able to assist me with other operators, contact details, experience requirements, packages etc:

Direct Flight
Flight Precision
FR Aviation
Highland Airways (Scottish Fisheries)
Any feedback, be that on this thread or by PM, you can offer would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks,

S22

woodcoc2000
7th Dec 2006, 14:24
hi there

I am interested in the same sort of flying actually; and would also like the same kind of info. I applied to direct flight about a year ago and their requirements at the time were 600tt. They also stated in more or less these words that they want as much twin; t.p. time as possible and they give consideration to quality of hours.

If anyone has more insight it would be appreciated..

atlantique
21st Nov 2008, 09:30
Hi,

Coopers - aerial photo
RVL Group - Coastguard, Environment Agency, Ordinance Survey, Get Mapping
FR Aviation - Thursday War, Aerial listening, air to air refuelling, target towing
Direct Flight - Fisheries, MET Office flight
Highland Airways - Scottish Fisheries