PDA

View Full Version : The Dimbleby Lecture

tony draper
7th Dec 2006, 09:14
Excellent lecture by General Mike Jackson BBC2 last night,strikes me that historicaly nations always treat their military in a very shabby manner,especialy when the chaps come home after doing the business,seems now they treat them shabbily whilst they are doing the business.
:uhoh:

Standard Noise
7th Dec 2006, 09:34
Missed it, damn! Don't suppose the BBC will repeat it will they? The clips on the news made it sound very interesting.

Just goes to show, you can install an idiotproof system like Sky+, but if you can't remember to tape the stuff, you're still an idiot!

G-CPTN
7th Dec 2006, 09:42
Transcripts of past Dimbleby Lectures are available on the interweb, so I guess the current one will follow soon.

Gainesy
7th Dec 2006, 09:51
Pity he didn't say that when he was Chief of the General Staff. :(
Have a look at the thread in the Mil Forum.

Foss
7th Dec 2006, 14:08
Watched it and it was very good. But he's looking a bit more old and battered than usual. I thought he was doing the talk off the cuff, but did you notice the autocue at the very back of the hall.
Fos

Rich Lee
7th Dec 2006, 18:13
Nonetheless I feel for these soldiers fighting an unpopular conflict.

fireflybob
7th Dec 2006, 23:50
I was rather hoping this was the beginning of a coup whilst Bliar is away having been summoned to an audience with Dubya.

G-CPTN
8th Dec 2006, 05:11
http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2006/12_december/07/dimbleby.shtml

Standard Noise
8th Dec 2006, 14:03
Oh, ta very much.