PDA

View Full Version : programing the right mouse button.

Loose rivets
6th Dec 2006, 17:49
Can you help?

Can I programe my mouse right click button menue to give me Alt F4 ?

I'm fed up with picking that squitty X button at top right!

LR

Keef
6th Dec 2006, 22:33
Have you tried Start - Control Panel - Mouse - Right Button - Select "Exit Program".

Might do it.

Loose rivets
7th Dec 2006, 06:38
Well, for me there would have to be something missing there Keef. Once into the mouse menue I get nowt like that.

I can change left to right, curser, speeds and the like, but never see a menue edit location.

The right button is dynamic of course...the menues change with the screen layout and while I get 'Back' which is useful, I never seem to see where these other items are stoored so that I can edit them. R

planecrazy.eu
7th Dec 2006, 07:18
I can do it on mine. I think its from the driver though.

In control panel - mouse - device settings - buttons - right click

the device settings tab is the very last one so i am guessing it was put there by the driver?

slim_slag
7th Dec 2006, 08:14
I'm fed up with picking that squitty X button at top right!If you right click on the applicable button on the task bar you will get a pop-up menu with close on it. It gives you a larger target to aim for. The context sensitive right mouse menu can be very useful, I wouldn't want to lose it just to be able to close a window down.

planecrazy.eu
7th Dec 2006, 11:28
Its true, the right click menu is good, i would be lost without it..

Simple solution, just get a mouse with three buttons or one where the scroll wheel can be clicked...

Keef
7th Dec 2006, 11:43
Odd that you don't get that option in the Control Panel. Must be a "feature" of my Microsoft optical mouse.

It's got five buttons. I certainly wouldn't want to be without the standard "right click" which I use a lot. The "bottom left click" is "Back" and the bottom right click is "Forward" and I use both of those a fair bit, too. The scroll wheel button is "Open in a new window" which is useful.

To close an app that's running, I just right-click it in the taskbar and click "close". That works fine - and it's easier than trying to hit the tiny X at the top.

Loose rivets
8th Dec 2006, 05:19
The dynamic menus go from -- Back -- Reload -- Bookmark etc. to greying out the Back with the rest the same. Yes I can go to the top and get Restore Minimum [Close Alt + F4.] This works, but when the mouse is set for ultra fine control for CAD etc it takes three swipes just to get there.

Somewhere there must be the imbedded menu that can be edited....er, mustn't there?

One will have to put a sophisticated mouse on, but I'm left handed!!!!! and it is anatomically sculpted the wrong way. Some days one cannot win. :{