6th Dec 2006, 17:20
Before it gets sent to jetblast

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6213644.stm

fantom
6th Dec 2006, 17:24
Sorry Sky, you were second.

Halfnut
6th Dec 2006, 18:10
Hummmmm what was Richard Reid using on AA63…..M A T C H E S ! The score would now be five to zero if he had succeeded.

It is a different world out there today and if some “lady” is passing gas then she needs to use something besides lighted matches to cover the smell.

Good head work by the crew even if it does give the late night talk shows something to laugh about.

Tigs2
6th Dec 2006, 19:26
Halfnut
Its because Richard reid was a 'Full Nut' that he did not succeed. It was the very fact he was using matches that he failed. You can burn PE quite happily, and indeed safely. Try attaching a small detonator device to the PE however and you get a totaly different result.15-20 years ago you could still smoke on many aircraft, they stopped because of the anti social element, not the terrorist element.

Lon More
6th Dec 2006, 19:36
if some “lady” is passing gas then she needs to use something besides lighted matches to cover the smell.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/buyinprivate_1922_179297324

prometheusracer
6th Dec 2006, 22:23
Internal Deodorant?!?!?!:}

Halfnut
6th Dec 2006, 22:40
Tigs2,

So you are saying the crew over reacted to Richard Reid trying blowup AA63 in the middle of the North Atlantic? So it’s normal for a passenger to strike matches multiple times in an pressurized aluminum tube moving at 8 miles a minute five miles up? So how are you going to train the Flight Attendants in the back to recognize the difference?

“Suzy did you see the guy in 25C, I need more ice, he has his shoe packed with plastic explosives, club soda for 18B, and he is using a fuse with matches, pretzels for 17A, to light the fuse, boy friend drop you off, har, har what a buffoon he needs a detonator for surrrrrre, I still need ice.”

Yes your right “you get a totally different result 15-20 years ago” but this is today not yester year. The crew reacted in this matter as they have been trained, alert the cockpit, land ASAP and let the local police take over the matter.

There are way to many “Full Nuts” running around these days to react any differently or ignore it and be ready for your company to join PA, AA and UA on the list.

Tigs2
7th Dec 2006, 01:13
Halfnut
What i said was

Its because Richard reid was a 'Full Nut' that he did not succeed. It was the very fact he was using matches that he failed. You can burn PE quite happily, and indeed safely. Try attaching a small detonator device to the PE however and you get a totaly different result.15-20 years ago you could still smoke on many aircraft, they stopped because of the anti social element, not the terrorist element.

And you have interepreted the above exact quote as
Tigs2,

So you are saying the crew over reacted to Richard Reid trying blowup AA63 in the middle of the North Atlantic? So it’s normal for a passenger to strike matches multiple times in an pressurized aluminum tube moving at 8 miles a minute five miles up? So how are you going to train the Flight Attendants in the back to recognize the difference?

“Suzy did you see the guy in 25C, I need more ice, he has his shoe packed with plastic explosives, club soda for 18B, and he is using a fuse with matches, pretzels for 17A, to light the fuse, boy friend drop you off, har, har what a buffoon he needs a detonator for surrrrrre, I still need ice.”

Yes your right “you get a totally different result 15-20 years ago” but this is today not yester year. The crew reacted in this matter as they have been trained, alert the cockpit, land ASAP and let the local police take over the matter.

There are way to many “Full Nuts” running around these days to react any differently or ignore it and be ready for your company to join PA, AA and UA on the list.

IMHO not only is your misperception/Quote incredible, but you should re-name yourself Twice -the-Nut, the 'Full-Nut' The Halfnut you have proved you are.
At what time in my text have i said 'The crew over reacted! etc etc and other words i cant be bothered to type' you have proved yourself to be the over reactive To***r i thought you were.:mad:

Bye the way, your profile is??? I don't know. pilot, cabin crew. ATC, or SLF i don't know but your lack of security knowledge identifies you as a wannabee, that needs to learn a lot lot more before you comment on here. Infact it appears from your posts that you are one of the lower class of Journo's so why don't you ram it! Its amazing how Journo's interpret a comment such as mine to mean a comment such as yours! Thats why we all despise you and hopefully most of us do not respond to your private email address. If any aviator reading this does respond to this low life, i suggest you stop.

Halfnut
7th Dec 2006, 05:33
Tig2,

A little sensitive eh ace. So what is this going to turn into a my winky is bigger than your winky contest? All you have down is “Aviator” on your Public Profile so for all we know you soloed in a C-150 or maybe all you know about flying is how to type the word A v i a t o r.

You could have said job well done to the crew and leave it at that but your comment of, “15-20 years ago you could still smoke on many aircraft, they stopped because of the anti social element, not the terrorist element” is way out in left field.

I have news for you ace cigarettes are not banded onboard an air carrier in the United States. Bring as many cartons on board as you want and you won’t be labeled a “terrorist” but bring a Zippo or butane lighter to the airport and it will be confiscated by TSA as you attempt clear screening.

Taking out a book of matches in-flight is an automatic red flag to the flight crew that the passenger is up to something. Remember the kid that held the match to the battery in flight so he could get a little more juice out of the battery to run his electronic device not more than a few months after Dickey Reid’s little escapade? Am I typing to fast for you, are you able to follow all this, cigarettes don’t kill, matches do.

A pressurized flush riveted aluminum tube five mile up isn’t a time for mamby pamby political correctness. Secure the cabin, have ATC call the cops and land.

Why don’t you just say to the crew, “Job well done” and leave it at that. Now take a few deep breaths and go drive your Ferrari around the block.

Halfnut
7th Dec 2006, 06:01
Hey Ace,

If you want to know what really happened then click here:

http://cartoondept.com

and scroll down to “The BNA Divert: The Real Story”

anotherthing
7th Dec 2006, 10:01
Half nut

before the subsequent posts and commencement of the slanging match, I am of the opinion that Tigs 2 sent a reasoned reply to your first post, within which you sensationalised something that could not have happened

Hummmmm what was Richard Reid using on AA63…..M A T C H E S ! The score would now be five to zero if he had succeeded.

It is this kind of ill informed sensationalism that half baked journos get off on. I am not saying you are a journo, nor am I trying to fathom out what you do for a living, but if you are in the airline industry, you are probably sick to the back teeth of the way that journalists bend the truth and do not research 'facts' before publishing.

Your immature response and half assesd interpretation in post number 7, to a factual comment by tigs2 regarding the stability of PE does make one wonder what makes you tick though.

God help us if you are a professional aviator - your blood pressure must be way over the scale; and if your reaction to a simple post is anything to go by, woe-betide anyone who is a passenger when you have an emergency..... You would probably be running up and down the aisle screeching "We're all gonna die!!" :ugh:

Airbus38
7th Dec 2006, 10:55
I have news for you ace cigarettes are not banded onboard an air carrier in the United States. Bring as many cartons on board as you want and you won’t be labeled a “terrorist” but bring a Zippo or butane lighter to the airport and it will be confiscated by TSA as you attempt clear screening.

Am I typing to fast for you, are you able to follow all this, cigarettes don’t kill, matches do.

It's almost as if he's on a different planet, isn't it?

See, the whole thing about a thread is that one thing links logically to another. Clearly he hasn't read a word that's been said. Cigarettes don't kill, matches do? Well done. Well done indeed.