PDA

View Full Version : Netjets Advert Flight International - Captains

Mach-Tuck
6th Dec 2006, 12:29
Netjets Advert - Flight International – Captains

Considered applying for lifestyle reasons, block time off and Europe gateway options look attractive. Looks like you have to do some time as an F/O, despite the title of the advert. Has it always been this way with Netjets or have they taken DECs in the past? Is it just an European policy or States side as well?

I think I probably meet their requirements for command in that I have 14000 hours total, 12000 multi crew jet, 6500 command time Worldwide routes on medium and heavy jets… and training experience including TRE/TRI. And 25 years service life still remaining…

Regards a move towards Corporate ops, would I be better looking elsewhere in the Corporate World with this level of experience?

Opinions from those more experienced in this field greatly appreciated.

south coast
6th Dec 2006, 14:15
Mach...

With NJ, all start as FO's, but for those meeting command requirements you can/will be upgraded within 3-12 months depending on how quickly it takes you to feel comfortable with the operation, as your experience speaks for itself.

I think it is a good fun job!

wondering
6th Dec 2006, 17:37
Have you tried any of the Fortune 100 companies or any of the wealthy individuals cruising in private Gulfstreams/GLEX'S/BBJ's around the world? Thatīs what I would be looking at.

Itswindyout
7th Dec 2006, 21:21
so why advertise for them.

I applied for a Captain position, the reply was "we don't employ Captains", my response was "well lets consider my application is for "non Captains""..........NOT HOLDING MY BREATH

74Freight
8th Dec 2006, 13:00
I joined last year with not as many hours as you, but with a few thousand flying around Europe. I was happy to start as F/o, though you would, I am sure, have no problem operating the aircraft and the routes with your experience, the nature of the operation is a little different form a normal airline.
Some are on upgrade courses before finishing line training.
A private G550 owner might pay you more, with netjets, you know when your days off are, and are not interupted on them which you might be with a private owner, as well as the ability to live whrer you wish. I prefer that to the extra cash myself.

south coast
8th Dec 2006, 14:53
Costa del Mersey.....brilliant!

Mach-Tuck
9th Dec 2006, 18:01
Thanks for the info/thoughts all.

South Coast... I thought it might be fun flying too!?