PDA

View Full Version : How does the birthdays thing work then?

R4+Z
6th Dec 2006, 11:00
Well today is the big 50 and just for interest I scrolled down the forums page to see if it was amongst the announcements but no! I could have sworn I filled in the DOB section on the registration. Obviously I got something wrong, but what?

By the way Manucon (whoever you are) Congratulations on having been born on the very same day as me.

bar fly
6th Dec 2006, 11:35
Happy birthday to you. :ok:

PerArdua
6th Dec 2006, 11:56
R4+Z, it was my birthday yesterday and I got an email from PPRUNE when I got home last night.

PA

Capt. Queeg
6th Dec 2006, 12:36
Happy Birthday R4+Z, but what does the name mean....??

I notice your age isn't displayed. Maybe you need to tick the "show birth date" box in your set-up?

R4+Z
6th Dec 2006, 22:20
Capt. Queeg

If read the right way R4+Z is a phonetic representation of my real name the first two letters being my first name which should be easy to work out. The second pair are a little trickier as the first symbol has to be read as what you do when you see this.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
7th Dec 2006, 02:05
Arthur Zulu? :confused:

R4+Z
7th Dec 2006, 10:08
Looks like I might not have to worry about it in the future.... Just been diagnosed with Cancer.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

tiggerific_69
7th Dec 2006, 10:20
oh my god R4 im so sorry to hear that,i really dont know what to say

R4+Z
7th Dec 2006, 10:26
I forgot to say and to add insult to injury I got flashed by a speed camera today!!!!!!!!

lexxity
7th Dec 2006, 10:26
Oh R4+Z! That's awful, can you get treatment? Big hugs to you.

R4+Z
7th Dec 2006, 10:32
I might not visit for a while as I have to keep a strong facade for my family and just reading the first two replies since the bombshell I cracked up fortunately I have sent my wife out for Alcohol so she didn't see that ( she's having a hard enough time getting to grips with it). I'm told it is the most treatable form of cancer (Colon) but the problem is when it was found the doctor said I could have had it for up to 10 years so I'm off for a full bodyscan ASAP. Fingers crossed.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

lexxity
7th Dec 2006, 10:36
I hope it is treatable and you get better very soon, you have all our thoughts and best wishes.

tiggerific_69
7th Dec 2006, 10:37
good luck to you,theres lots of treatments and new technologies out there now.best wishes to you and your family

R4+Z
7th Dec 2006, 15:43
JUst had the friends round and unfortunately felt so akward dealing with all the pleasantries etc. I actually fell asleep. Which is sad because when I woke up all the wine had gone!

Sh!t don't know how I'm going to deal with this. I can handle checking out but it's the reaction of those around me that is going to be hard to handle!!

Foss
7th Dec 2006, 15:56
Arthur, I think, I can't work out the second bit, Plussey, Plusy.
It's like a Times crossword puzzle.
Hang in there, good luck.
Fos

DX Wombat
7th Dec 2006, 16:06
If it is any help, if it has been lurking there for ten years then there is a good possiblity that it is slow-growing and not a rampantly raging monster. Best wishes for a full recovery. :ok:

Mr Grumps
7th Dec 2006, 16:30
R4+Z
Best of luck with the scan. Even if you have to have your colon removed , life still goes on. I had mine removed nearly 24 years ago although not for cancer. I know lots of people that have had cancer of the colon and are still active.
PM me if you want to know more. I might be able to help.
All the best. :ok:

BOFH
7th Dec 2006, 20:36
R4+Z,

I profoundly apologise, and removed my post as soon as I saw what what you had written.

It goes without saying that I pray for your full recovery with minimal disruption to your life.

BOFH

R4+Z
7th Dec 2006, 23:39
To all that have commented thanks.. Bofh there was no need to remove anything as no offence had been taken.

Fos and those trying to work out the name thing it is read as ADD.

Cold light of a new day a bit of the emotion has gone out of things. Got in for a scan at 10.00 so got to get ready.

R4+Z
8th Dec 2006, 04:38
Well got the results and it's the first positive outcome. No sign of metastatis (Sp?) Monday I have got an appointment with a surgeon but I'm hoping he will see it as unnecessary assuming it was all removed during the colonoscopy.

DX Wombat
9th Dec 2006, 19:07
That sounds VERY promising indeed :ok: :D Hope all is well and you will just need check-ups for a while to ensure that it doesn't return. :)

R4+Z
10th Dec 2006, 14:55
The only worry now is how agressive a surgeon I get. The malignant cells were found 4.75 mm from the edge where it was diathermied out, so what is considered a safe margin? Well I'll find out tomorrow.

Thanks again to all

R4+Z
11th Dec 2006, 13:11
Major ray of light....

Surgeon doesn't think this is a problem worth operating on as with the clear margins and the type of carcinoma coupled with the apparent lack of spread there is minimal chance of there being any cancer outside that which has already been removed. I now have to wait three months for another Colonoscopy and if that is clear then I have dodged the bullet. I am currently getting Sh!t faced in celebration. Thanks to all who showed concern. Just wish my relatives had done the same!

Ace Rimmer
11th Dec 2006, 13:55
That's good news....

Sadly the big C is large on the Rimmerian radar just now with sister 1 Rimmer and mate K-Ray both fighting the good fight with varying degrees of success at present....So after months of negative vibes it's good to hear of sombody getting ahead...

Cameronian
11th Dec 2006, 15:30
R4+Z, your last post really does represent good news. Good luck in three months and get out and enjoy yourself in the meantime with no worries. You might just find that you've discovered a new optimism.....

Though you might have to wait until the hangover has worn off before you realise it!!