PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham Thread

TCX69
22nd Oct 2006, 21:11
Not long finished work and to my suprise an Air China B744 B-2472 is parked at the Western Apron!

Not sure as to why it is there but it departs tomrrow:
CA 018 LHR 14:00

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
23rd Oct 2006, 10:10
Not long finished work and to my suprise an Air China B744 B-2472 is parked at the Western Apron!

Not sure as to why it is there but it departs tomrrow:
CA 018 LHR 14:00

Likely to be a VIP flight I'd imagine - especially if it is only flying to LHR afterwards. I think the Chinese Governmant do use an Air China 744 for VIP overseas vistis.

adz555666
25th Nov 2006, 12:18
Hello!

Can anybody tell me the reg's of the BBJ & Emb Legacy that were parked next to each other today?

Best Wishes

Adam

Fried_Chicken
25th Nov 2006, 15:44
Hello!
Can anybody tell me the reg's of the BBJ & Emb Legacy that were parked next to each other today?
Best Wishes
Adam

N500LS & G-SYLJ

A useful site for answering Brum queries is the BHX forum

http://forum.flybhx.co.uk/

Fried Chicken

adz555666
25th Nov 2006, 21:18
Thanks Fried Chicken!

Was a member of that Forum before the database blew up!!

Now off to reapply!!

Best Wishes

Adam

OltonPete
1st Dec 2006, 18:02
Sorry the first has been and gone but quite unusual for BHX to get three
in three days: -

Air Nostrum CRJ900 arrived 23.50 last night as C-FLMJ and I think departed as EC-JYV at 14.50

Air India Express 738 VT-AXH is now sitting in Gander per one tracking site
and should be in BHX at 9.40 tomorrow morning staying until Sunday 9am.

G-JECR Flybe Dash 8 is believed to be due Sunday sometime on delivery.

Obviously these are subject to change due tech/weather so please do not rely on the timings if you are coming to see them from outside the West Mids. I will try and post an update on the Air India Express.

Pete

OltonPete
2nd Dec 2006, 09:51
Landed at 9.15 this morning

Thanks to the Mods for updating the title/moving to one thread.

Pete

OltonPete
4th Dec 2006, 16:55
cparker

The Monarch aircraft are fairly straightforward at the moment although
the 320 has been subbed with 321 at least once.

Schedule flights to Malaga (Thu - Mon) in the morning is 321 and then followed by the Tenerife in the afternoon

The Tenerife also operates Tu & Wed as a 321 (daytime flights).

The rest of the schedule flights are on the 320 - Faro, Murcia, Almeria
and Alicante (Palma, Mahon & Ibiza do not operate in the winter yet).

The charter aircraft is a 321, which hardly does anything at the moment. Monday Las Palmas but this has stopped, Tuesday & Wednesday
nothing, Thursday schedule flight to Arrecife, Friday back to charter and
Tenerife. Saturday it will be Geneva I believe and Sunday might be Kitilla.

From April it is 4 based but I do not know whether it is 3x321's & 1x320
or 4x321.

Pete

Fried_Chicken
4th Dec 2006, 19:37
G-JECR Flybe Dash 8 is believed to be due Sunday sometime on delivery.

GJECR is still sitting in Canada

However, Brum did get a DHC8 pass through on delivery today.

DH8A CGZKH diverted in whilst enroute LIMJ - EGPK for fuel due to strong headwinds. It later continued to Prestwick. It was in a white scheme with UN titles

Fried Chicken

Fried_Chicken
13th Dec 2006, 18:58
The next FlyBE Dash Late, oops, sorry Eight :} is due for delivery tomorrow.

G-JECR ferried Toronto - Goose bay - Reykjavik as BEE040 today & should ferry Reykjavik to Brum tomorrow, again using BEE040 as it's callsign. It should arrive late morning if all goes to plan

Fried Chicken

OltonPete
17th Dec 2006, 13:46
Yes G-JECR arrived and went to the hangar (not sure if it is still there).

Also this morning JET 738 delivered VT-JGT 9W1999 . Arrived at 10.48

I think that there might be an Air India Express 738 due before the end
of the year as well.

Pete

Fried_Chicken
18th Dec 2006, 18:36
quite a year for airliner deliveries through Birmingham.

B737-700 VPBNZ was ferried KGED-TXKF-EGBB Friday (it arrived very early Sat' morning) as BOE097.

Fried Chicken

AltFlaps
19th Dec 2006, 08:02
Hi,

2 WizzAir Airbus yesterday at BHX.
Are they now operating in/out BHX or was this a charter ?

Any info ...

Off Stand
19th Dec 2006, 08:19
Diversion apparently. Info on the that Airports, routes and news forum.

Fried_Chicken
19th Dec 2006, 19:52
both diverts, HALPF in from Warsaw as WZZ401W & out to Luton as WZZ9401 whilst LZWZA arrived from Sofia as WZZ609S & departed to Luton as WZZ9609

Fried Chcicken

boristhemini
30th May 2007, 19:47
I live in Wednesfield and am under the Downwind Leg/Base Leg turn for Rwy 15 BHX. (Great fun!!) Heard something bl00dy loud and looked out. A wonderful graceful sight greeted me! That beautiful unmistakable shape sent a tingle up my spine. (Can you tell I like the Vicky 10?!) Can not recall seeing it come over before. Is/was it a one off into BHX and if so, what for?? :confused:

mmeteesside
30th May 2007, 20:35
We've also had one in here (Durham Tees Valley) tonight, here's a shot of it on the approach!
http://touchdownai.jbai-aircraft.com/vc10_2.jpg

Fried_Chicken
30th May 2007, 20:42
Tonights into BHX was XV108

It was operating a medevac flight which are unfortunetly, becoming a regular thing into Birmingham but usually with C17's & occasionally Tristars

FC

mmeteesside
30th May 2007, 20:52
Yes thats the one that came here too, just left to go back to Brize.

TCX69
7th Jun 2007, 22:58
A long shot I know! But is there anyone who keeps a record of what a/c do what flight know what the registration of this CO flight was?

Many thanks

TCX69

GWYN
8th Sep 2007, 15:56
Anyone out there know the reason for the P68 patrolling the area of the airport / M42 at BHX for the last hour or more this afternoon?

matspart3
9th Sep 2007, 14:29
Might be this one: -

http://images3.fotopic.net/?iid=yomrdq&outx=980&quality=70

Based at Gloucester with a Danish King air, Navajo and/or C421 doing survey work all over the country.

GWYN
9th Sep 2007, 15:24
Thanks. Most probably it was, though unfortunately I could not see the rego'. It just seemed a bit coincidental that it was apparently flying a fixed pattern for a couple of hours and seemed to coincide with an increased presence of the 'security services' at BHX. I was stopped by them just returning a hire car. I suspected an 'incident' of some sort - like someone trying to smuggle an extra tube of toothpaste onto an aircraft maybe. I would have expected a survey aircraft to fly a moving pattern not to basically orbit on the same track for a couple of hours.

Thanks anyway.

Fried_Chicken
10th Sep 2007, 19:00
I think the Pn68 was G-BFBU (or similar)

FC

BHX86
27th Feb 2008, 18:57
Anybody have any news on this. It happened last night.

daelight
27th Feb 2008, 20:43
Ah, so that's why it was parked up just beyond T1 today. I was sat on the port side on taxi so didn't get good view of any work around it. I was flying BHX- ORK today and was up in the viewing gallery - saw quite a slam by a BMI Baby 737 at about 1:30pm .. 'flaring, what's that?' sort of an affair. Have watched many landings and that one was had a bit more 'ouch' to it than usual. Also, an Air India got a bit lost when parking, taxied almost all the way back to 33 and had to execute such a tight turn to back track along thos taxiways (sorry I know not the names of them there) ... it was all quite amusing to the 10 of us watching. Weather conditions have been very good these past 24h .... wonder whats in the water today?!

Sorry I can't add much more but something to read for this evening :bored:

BHX86
28th Feb 2008, 16:00
yeah that air india getting lost was quite funny. Its true what they say about women drivers. There was a woman piloting it.

Edit: By 'piloting' I suppose you mean 'on the radio'? Which probably means there was a man doing the 'getting lost' - any comments?

BYveterangirl
28th Feb 2008, 22:07
Come on Topslide6 don't be so PC, it was just a little joke. We all know that there wouldn't be any women pilots at all if aircraft had to be reversed into the gate :} ;)

BHX86
29th Feb 2008, 15:11
ok im sorry if i have offended anybody, was just meant to be a bit of tongue in cheek.

daelight
3rd Mar 2008, 16:45
Um, I didn't make the women driver comment Topslidesix , chill out ! :suspect:

I posted this in what I thought would be a safe heaven from the 'look down their noses' drivers that love to berate the masses. So TS6, you really are taking my comment too seriously and out of context. I'm only qualified in so far as having flown a few times around the world and many places in between, know my ETOPS from my ACARS and am forever in awe at those wonderful flying machines. Not put in any hours on MSFS as I use a Mac :eek:

There were a few people looking at that AI driving around BHX and a few chuckles were made, so I guess that's my reason to use the word 'funny' well, at least nobody was harmed eh? It's tight for those Heavies, the pilot did a good job. If that helps ease the tension... sheesh!

Happy flying folks, it's a windy day here -> Rough landing thread will gain a few inches by the end of the day...

robbreid
4th Mar 2008, 21:25
Two questions, is VP-BKZ Gulfstream V based at Birmingham?

And registered lessor, Dennis Vanguard Intl Switchgear Intl., I assume they design/build high voltage switchgears??? I was unable to find much on the Internet other than their corporate jets they've owned over the years.

Just wondering what it is the company does???

Evanelpus
5th Mar 2008, 08:13
No doubt daelight feels qualified to comment as he/she has logged many hours in FS2004.:)

Hundreds of hours on the SMS/Overland 737-700, me!

Don't knock it, you'll be grateful one day if I'm on board and both pilots are incapacitated.

Argonautical
12th Mar 2008, 16:13
Saw the previous comments about the VC-10 so here is a video of it with a C-17 I took at Birmingham in 2007. It made change to hear real jet engines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MzheZGITYQ

Captain Caveman
12th Mar 2008, 17:28
I understand they also own CEF (City Electrical Factors) which are a large electrical company based in Birmingham. They did buy a BBJ I thought but it was sold. VP-BKZ is meant to be the one of the, if not the highest houred G5's about. Dennis Vanguard also involved with Dam building, generators etc..... Destinations regular from BHX include BJS, GVA (think this may be Maint) NCE, LAS, PMI, PBI but suspect some of these are leisure/personal related.

revo
13th Mar 2008, 20:58
T34706 diverted to BHX anybody know why?

brs planespotter
20th Mar 2008, 16:34
a few of us are cnsidering a day visit too bhx,never been,do you handle many 744s?a330s etc,whats the busiest day or are they all the same?i guess you have quite a lengthy runway?any news would be great,thank you in advance,brs planespotter:):ok:

Pistonprop
20th Mar 2008, 19:12
do you handle many 744s?a330s etc,whats the busiest day or are they all the same?i guess you have quite a lengthy runway?

I think you might be a little disappointed! If you want real action go to LHR, LGW or MAN. As far as scheduled ops are concerned BHX might see a B777 or three on some days (AIR INDIA, EMIRATES & PIA) and the daily (evening) Emirates A330. The rest will be the usual mix of 737, 757, the odd 767, A320, A321, RJ85, EMBs, DHC-8s and so on. The only time you would see B744s are one off charters (rare) and when BHX handle divertions from either LHR, LGW or MAN.

Avman
20th Mar 2008, 22:20
Runway length 8500 feet. By the way you could get loads of info incl runway length etc. simply by googling. Try this too: http://forum.flybhx.co.uk/
Have fun :)

Invicta DC4
4th Apr 2008, 19:17
Just passed through on the train tonight and caught a glimpse of a Monarch A330 (or was it a A300 if they still have them) on the Exec apron.

Anyone know what it whas doing there?

Apologies, just found out it was an A300 on an MOD charter(?)