View Full Version : Lufthansa buys 70% of Aeropostal

jumpdrive
5th Dec 2006, 13:54
read on www.volarenvenezuela.com
LH has bought almost all shares of VH
what will the mayor changes be?
salary.................?up to the avg of what its paid in the rest of the world
finally new airplanes......?,
so they dont look like JurasikPark, still so sad to see airlines still flying DC'ninners, and 727, you dont even find em' in FSX
cheaper tickets.....?..........dont think so......
still waiting for a "Gol", "RyanAir", "AirAsia" type or airlne in my country

or maybe they'll just learn both german & spanish together

c ya

Panama Jack
5th Dec 2006, 22:41
Interesting move, and probably an intelligent move for a hard hitting player like Lufthansa.

Probably will become an affair like Iberia and TACA since Iberia's Miami hub closed down.

I would think there will eventually be a replacement of the jurassic jets at Aeropostal. I would also imagine possibly new routes, such as to Central America.

Would be attractive to those who wish to travel to Europe but want to avoid the United States. Interestingly, Iberia's A-340 service from SJO-MAD is consistently full.

jumpdrive
8th Dec 2006, 12:31
it turned out not to be true
as later stated by the same web page moderator
c ya

Panama Jack
9th Dec 2006, 00:23
Oh well, got me going for a day or two. :zzz:

chock2chock
7th Jan 2007, 18:39
read on www.volarenvenezuela.com
LH has bought almost all shares of VH
finally new airplanes......?,
so they dont look like JurasikPark, still so sad to see airlines still flying DC'ninners, and 727, you dont even find em' in FSX
cheaper tickets.....?..........dont think so......
still waiting for a "Gol", "RyanAir", "AirAsia" type or airlne in my country
or maybe they'll just learn both german & spanish together
c ya

Sad to see!!??? Nothing sad about flying those old nines. I bet they're better off than many airlines that are still payng for their 'new'/leased 737s and A320s and making huge losses (another airline in the region springs to mind). I bet Aeropostal own most of their jets. And they are profitable, service is good, they're mostly on time... and doing quite well I believe. I was so happy to fly on YV-33C a couple years ago, thats a plane that hearks back to the old LAV days (my chidhood). VH are the DC-9 experts and there is no reason why those old betsys shouldn't be flying for some time to come, nothing works better than a well oiled and taken care of machine. What always makes me laugh, is their maintenance area with some old DC-9s in varying degree's of scrap and junk:} That must be their spare parts bin.

Keep those smokers flying!!

jumpdrive
8th Jan 2007, 01:13
well i disagree
imagine that youre standing in the road in front of 2 hotels
1 brand new , & the other 1 a relic (only new; the paint job)
for the same price?
what U do?
gotta be kidding me!, this is not an old 67 mustang that you take out
everyweekend out of your garage for a ride
VH just keep those planes cause they own the mayority
and pay only insurance..................zero rent

on the other hand, which 1 burns more fuel???
the dc9, or 727 is not any more the plane to be flying in venezuela
flights of 45 or less minutes burning all those tons of fuel
its simply not the plane that fits the frame
here we should have RJ´s, EMB190, or ATR72-500

well maybe its a cultural thing
in venezuela they love old stuff

cya

Panama Jack
8th Jan 2007, 03:10
I sometimes wonder how much the travelling public can tell the difference the difference between an older generation aircraft like a DC-9 and a newer generation A320. Once you put winglets on anything, it all looks "sleek, sexy, modern." Besides that, unlike cars, aircraft looks (from the outside) haven't changed much since the debut of the the Boeing 707.

Case in point, I have had cabin crew friends misidentify DC-8's and Boeing 707's as Airbus A340's!

Seems to me that most people don't know they are flying on a modern aircraft until you tell them-- as TACA does in it's advertising slogans.