PDA

View Full Version : Says it all...

XXTSGR
5th Dec 2006, 13:08
Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 600 employees and has the following statistics?

29 have been accused of spouse abuse
7 have been arrested for fraud
19 have been accused of writing bad cheques
117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
3 have done time for assault
71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
8 have been arrested for shoplifting
21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
84 have been arrested for drink driving in the last year

Which organization is this?

It's the 635 members of the House of Commons, the same group that cranks out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in line.

Curious Pax
5th Dec 2006, 13:29
I don't doubt that there have been examples in all those categories, but I find it hard to believe (for example) that 84 have been arrested for drink driving in the last year without it being splashed all over the press. Do you have links to the evidence?

ORAC
5th Dec 2006, 13:44
Only took 30 seconds to find this article (http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/philip_cowley/2006/03/mps_in_corruption_shocker.html)which shows it to be a load of bollocks. And this snopes report (http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/congress.htm)on the original in the USA.

I wonder if XXTSGR would be interested in a share in the millions of dollars I have hidden away in Nigeria.... :}

brickhistory
5th Dec 2006, 13:48
29 have been accused of spouse abuse
7 have been arrested for fraud
19 have been accused of writing bad cheques
117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
3 have done time for assault
71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
8 have been arrested for shoplifting
21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
84 have been arrested for drink driving in the last year

Far be it for me to defend politicians, but accused is very different from convicted. Accused by whom? As a tactic in a divorce? By a challenger candidate?

And as far as being a defendant, in both the UK's and the US's lawsuit-happy climate, that certainly is no cause for character assasination.

The saw regarding statistics......

XXTSGR
5th Dec 2006, 15:09
I admit it - I didn't check it out myself. Being of the firm belief that the only honest man in Parliament is the one who just died of a heart attack in the bar upstairs, I was very willing to believe this. Sorry! I wonder if XXTSGR would be interested in a share in the millions of dollars I have hidden away in Nigeria....Yes, I would indeed. All costs to be met by yourself. :}

tony draper
5th Dec 2006, 15:13
Its much worse than that,most of them were lawyers at some time in their lives.
:rolleyes:

Rainboe
5th Dec 2006, 15:13
So XXSSTGR, how about deleting this rubbish before it gets a legitimacy of its own through being repeated?

XXTSGR
5th Dec 2006, 15:14
Nahhhhhh - nothing wrong with allowing a little nonsense to get in the way of the real facts... :E

Davaar
5th Dec 2006, 15:20
Does your last comment apply to all your posts?