PDA

View Full Version : EZY as a career?

Hufty
5th Dec 2006, 10:37
I know a lot of people blast EZY for a variety of things, but I would be interested to hear of people who are there and are happy to stay. What is it about EZY that you like, and why aren't you looking for a new job?
I am thinking about applying but I want somewhere I can stay and settle in rather than a job that I will use to build hours to go somewhere else.
Thanks all in advance....

orangetree
5th Dec 2006, 15:52
They pay reasonably but let down by poor pension, no health care etc. The main reason for staying is if you get the base you want. Whatever that base is hope it's an airbus base. You don't want on the 73. The rostering is crap but the union seems to slowly be making progress there. Probably the best of the LCC's and quick command prospects too. The question is do you want to work for an LCC?

Banzai Eagle
5th Dec 2006, 17:19
orangetree
Rostering is not crap, its just for a change Pilots are having to work fairly hard for a living, something they are clearly not used to. On another thread Pilot Pete who works for TFLY states how hard he is (not) working, 3 flights in Nov, loads
of time off, day off pay at £500+, and time for his business on the side and to see the kids. Thats what all Pilots want really?. How can you justify paying 90k for doing nothing.

click
5th Dec 2006, 18:37
orangetree
Rostering is not crap, its just for a change Pilots are having to work fairly hard for a living, something they are clearly not used to.
If I run my scheduling through SAFE then all I see is red....how would you like to have 7 days on including a PRG-TLV-PRG redeye starting at midnight local, get back just in time for lunch, then have to endure the psychotic neighbours with the DIY penchant for jackhammering furniture all day. After you fall asleep and wake up at 8 pm all 'refreshed' then you find out that you've got a 0600 briefing for a morning BRU, AMS or CPH. So go to sleep? Or wonder around poking at things till 0300 when you finally drift off only to be awakened an hour and a half later? Some of us have it good some of us not so good, I wouldn't throw all pilots in the same bag, perhaps the example you are using is abnormal but it begs the question for how long? And also, it could be the result of not being around the whole summer putting in the 100+ flight hours a month while the unwashed masses vacation.

Straight-In
5th Dec 2006, 19:14
Sorry to interupt... What is SAFE? Is this some kind of fatigue checker? Is it available to public?

Would like to run my roster for a check...

Thanks.

Fokkerdriver
5th Dec 2006, 19:33
Hi Hufty!!

Why do I like easyJet?? :cool:

I am now at the base where I want to be...which has raised my happiness level by about 200%, and please keep in mind that there are different issues at all bases.

But what keeps me in easy is:

- The reasonably good money
- The fact that you are home every day
- No night flying
- Overall attitude of the crew and the casual/relaxed attitude in the company
- Well-maintained new aircrafts
- The fact that while terms and conditions in many companies are on a downhill slope, they seem to be going uphill in easy.

Yes, we do fly a lot!! But I am not really sure the grass is greener on the other side. :ooh:

A4
5th Dec 2006, 20:10
Life at EZY is geting better. Rosters are fixed at 5/3/5/4 for winter and, subject to a vote, will be 5/3/5/4 for summer 07. Money is pretty good £85k+ for a Captain. Pension could be better (9% if don't opt for taking 2% out to salary in last pay review). Medical benefits would be welcome.....

It does appear that there is now a constructive dialogue going on between BALPA and the Company. They are working together and taking a realistic view - a sea change to 18 months ago. The new CEO realises that you simply cannot afford to keep losing pilots at the rate we were last year. Having had a 1 to 1 with him recently, he is determined to get the crew establishment correct. This will not only improve lifestyle for pilots but will also prevent a repeat of this summers sub-chartering. In recognition of this summers difficulties, ALL staff were given 2 weeks basic salary worth of shares - again, unheard of under the "old" regime.

If you can get to your base of choice, then I think EZY is probably one of the best / most secure / friendly / dynamic / opportunity filled / progressive options available.

A4

orangetree
5th Dec 2006, 22:54
orangetree
Rostering is not crap, its just for a change Pilots are having to work fairly hard for a living, something they are clearly not used to.
:ugh:
as it's Panto season, let me kick off..
Oh Yes It Is...

Just Browsing
6th Dec 2006, 07:32
Rostering has been poor in the past, and depending on your base, can still be quite poor. The positive thing is that rostering and other lifestyle issues have improved and continue to improve under the new CEO and his team. It really is a different company with fresh management - and it shows.

We do work long days, though at my base we have a mixture of 2 and 4 sector days from about 5-6 hours duty to 11 hours. I rarely see roster changes and my standbys are becoming more and more like days off. Crewing levels at sought after bases are settling down.

The new CEO has a business philosophy of treating people well. And look at our year end results - it works!

Operationally the company has a good reputation for safety and standards, and the effort made to maintain this reputation is considerable.

As others have pointed out: my roster patterns rarely has me working more than half the month, I'm home every night, work with great people and get to fly new aircraft around Europe. The pay is as good as anywhere else - unless you're a long serving FO and BA - and command time is short. It's also one of the most secure jobs around too.

TFly may have good T&Cs right now, but at some point the parent company is going to realise that future growth and security is going to come only through seeking better value out from its assets.

There are some here who have put up with so much nonsense over the years that improvements are hard to recognise, and trust hard to accept. I've been here a few years and, whilst others will disagree, if you want to fly short haul around Europe then this is as good as anywhere, and better than many.

JB

outofsynch
6th Dec 2006, 10:54
Great people, great equipment, great routes.

My rostering has NEVER (six years) been crap, and I havent had a roster change in almost two months. For a lot of people, it is VERY stable, and the pattern improvements will only make it better! :D

Dont listen so much to the moaners, as I believe, it is too long since they sampled random rostering, as is the case in most other airlines.... ;)

easyswimmer
7th Dec 2006, 04:30
...and you don't wear a cap!

Surely good rostering on modern aircraft (2.2 years old) home everynight working only 10 days in every 17, on good money has to be considered to be a good job right now.

The CC are proposing a points based loyalty system so that you can buy bupa/lol/childcare vouchers etc and tailor the package exactly how you want.

The CEO has said that he wants to have bases all over europe. To quote "you don't bother sticking a couple of airbus in MAD if you dont want bases all over spain."

It is going to be big. Really big.

The future is entirely bright under Harrison and having carefully considered leaving twice I can say there is nowehere else worth going to.:ok:

Hufty
7th Dec 2006, 09:00
Thanks for all the feedback and the PMs. I'm very happy where I am but I would like a little more security. I don't want to keep moving about so want somewhere I can settle into and stay hence the question! So we'll see what happens now! ;)

Thanks.

Tiger_ Moth
7th Dec 2006, 09:14
Forgive me if this is a bone question:

Standby days, what is the deal? is the 5-3-5-4 roster counting the days off as standby or not? Or are standby days instead of working days: ie you should expect to work them and if you don't it's a bonus.

As someone who might be working for easy in the not too distant future I think they are a pretty good company with good prospects which is definitely one of the most secure options around.

Superpilot
7th Dec 2006, 09:36
A standby day must occur within your rostered working days. E.g:

On-On-On-Standby-On

Off Off Off

Standby On On On On

Off Off Off Off

Hudson Bay
7th Dec 2006, 09:40
I worked for easy for about 2 years and couldn't cope with the schedule. It is punishing.

I now believe that whatever Airline you work for you will fly 900 hours per year. While I was at Easy I didn't believe that, hence the reason why I moved.

However my move was well worth it. The benefits at easy jet tend not to be as good as other Low cost operators.(Excluding the likes of Jet 2) No private health care and over the year not that many days off. Easy is OK when your looking for a start within an Airline just don't stay too long.

Just as a comparison I now get 190 days off per year. At Easy its 137!! (Contractual)

Oh and the staff travel is OK if you think the world ends at South Spain.

Speevy
7th Dec 2006, 10:14
NOW, in EZy you work 196 days a year (that means you get 169 days off including leaves etc..).
You donot get staff travel on other airlines but you get it on the U2 network (and it doesn't end in South Spain)..
We have 17 bases now expanding and yeas we fly close to 900 hrs a year, but do you really think we are the only ones..
We get ok money and the conditions are improving, we will have to hire about 200 pilots for 2007 (i think it's more but not sure so I stop at 200) and the company now realises the conditions have to improve to atract more crew and I think they are improving and they will.
I love it...
Speevy

bleeds off
7th Dec 2006, 10:33
You donot get staff travel on other airlines but you get it on the U2 network (and it doesn't end in South Spain)..

U2 network ? slightly off the subject but can u explain what it is ?
thx:ok:
bleeds

Speevy
7th Dec 2006, 11:21
U2 is the 2 letter code for Ezyjet
Speevy

A4
7th Dec 2006, 12:14
We get ok money and the conditions are improving, we will have to hire about 200 pilots for 2007 (i think it's more but not sure so I stop at 200) and the company now realises the conditions have to improve to atract more crew and I think they are improving and they will.
I love it...
Speevy

2007 recruitment is 450-500 pilots ...... :eek:

Yes you do work at EZY. I did 820 hours last year.... but it's not as onerous as some people make out. The 5/3/5/4 fixed roster is a significant improvement and I think it's closer to 180 days off per year. My colleagues who work in the "real world" - 9 to 5 - acknowledge that I do have some early starts and late finishes but are quite envious of me having alternate 3 and 4 day "weekends".

It's personal choice. I'm not interested in long haul - young family and I like being at home every night. Personnaly I couldn't imagine doing 4 trans-atlantics per month - I'm sure the novelty would soon wear off - but that's only MY opinion before I get jumped on!

EZY is a dynamic company, expanding at a sensible rate, offering almost unparalleled opportunites. New bases opening across Europe, potentially rapid Command prospects, a very high standard of operation demanded - and met. Anyone considering joining could do MUCH worse.

A4

Superpilot
7th Dec 2006, 12:28
You constantly hear about new bases but how about brand new routes from the existing big bases, i.e. LTN, STN and LGW ? Any on the cards?

PENKO
7th Dec 2006, 14:05
Well, there have been many more new routes from all airports than new bases!

Marrakesh, Bordeaux, Rimini, Istanbul to name some new London destinations.

hotel hopper
11th Dec 2006, 13:32
When you talk of popular/unpopular bases which are the best to be based. I'm still wavering about leaving a longhaul position because the base I get would be critical to me. Are they good to their word if they promise you a certain base? It is important to me that I'm based in Newcastle if I join... is it popular? What about command prospects?

F.O. 737-800
12th Dec 2006, 10:05
I will be starting with EZY in April as a Direct Entry FO, and was wondering if anyone out there currently flying for them would post how much of the sector pay is taxed and on average how much do you take home a month.

Cheers:)

12th Dec 2006, 14:25
How can so many of you guys, write "reasonably good money" about the salaries at Easy?? A friend of mine told me he makes almost 5000 Euro net pr. month on a UK base as a senior F/O.
I have the same experience as him and are on the same type and are making a little more than half that amount, with a better pension though, but no health insurance included. I'm flying at a low cost/charter operator in mainland Europe.

I think the salaries in Easy seems very, very good compared to a lot of companies in Europe or am I completely wrong???

Cheers

birdonthewire
12th Dec 2006, 15:02
I think Ezy is a good place for people who want to go places (command/training), or who are tied to a certain place of work or want to be home every night and I really enjoyed flying out of NCL. You get shiny new jets to play with, a fairly stable roster, training is 1st class and everyone I've met in person (below management level anyway) has been incredibly friendly and genuine.

But you don't get somthing for nothing. As a career, don't underestimate how tough the LCC lifestyle is. It's not just the rostering (which is improving) but the whole package - the long days, pressured turn arounds, the 150 chavs in the back who all know their rights and are hard work at the best of times. You don't have much control over your day to day life ie swapping shifts, days off etc compared to other airlines I've worked for and crewing I find, with a couple of delightful exceptions, rude and obstructive. Maybe not an issue in the short-term but missing nearly every party you get invited to does piss people off year after year. Some people can let the constant barrage of Orangeness wash over them, some get really wound up by it.

LCC life is difficult to sustain long-term and there are a number of examples of normally strong and healthy people having medicals suspended/crashing cars on the way home etc who will bear me out on this. Things are changing for the better but very slowly. Ezy has never tried to be a career airline and unless you have a good reason to go I wouldn't consider it long term, but it depends what you want and whether the plusses are going to outweigh the minuses.

The exception being if you can afford to go part-time in the future - you get your flying and you have a life!

Scottie
14th Dec 2006, 07:03
As far as I know DEC's were never displacing SFO's who wanted upgrades. There were only so many SFO's eligible for command and any DEC's were "top ups". Certainly SFO's were told anyone who is eligible and passes the command assessments this year will get a command.

Last I heard was that if you joined the company you would be looked at during your first recurrent check and then could enter the process after that. It would be doubtful that you would get your command within 6 months of joining (unless they have exhausted the supply of internal SFO's eleigible for command). A year maybe more realistic, maybe longer.

Coppi
16th Dec 2006, 16:19
Hi everyone.
Here some easy questions for guys/girls who recently trained at easyJet:
Where does conversion training on the A319 take place for easy newhires?
And what is the length of the type rating course? Where do base training and line training take place? Is it at the assigned initial base?
Thanx

unablereqnavperf
16th Dec 2006, 17:09
As a former orange pilot I'll chip a penny's worth.

Is easy a good place to work? YES good folk niced jets good SOP'S good attitude to training improving roster.

Is easy a career airline? NO and will never be! And the same can be said for any of the loco's!

If your want(or have to) work for a loco then easy is about as good as it gets, however the best thing I ever did was to get out of loco operations. I know have a life outside workand have a reasonable amount of control of my roster,even in a corporate operation! Sure I don't make a s much money but i do have time to spend what I have and I've re-met a lot of old friends!

blanza
19th Dec 2006, 15:05
i allready ask for some opinions in another thread, sorry if its repetitive for any of you, but look this is the rigth place to look for an opinion,
i´m actually a f/O with not mach seniority in iberia, nice payment, and quite a good agriment in terms of lost of licence, ( job guaranted) plus some help with private insurance, etc.
due to my age , 40. and an sliming company due to the creation of click air, i´m willing to leave, due to the opening of the madrid base i have aplied to ezy, but if im able to pass, i´will be looking to make a career, so please
tell me what can i expect from ezy, and any opinion will be wellcome
like info about coversion type, i´m a md87/88 pilot, madrid base expctations and capt promotion, thans in advance

ICING AOA
19th Dec 2006, 20:22
You want to leave Iberia for easyJet ???? :eek:
How many sectors a day do you fly at Iberia ? what's your salary ? what's the Iberia pension scheme like ?

suerte :cool:

D&M
19th Dec 2006, 22:25
Blanza,

How about we swap jobs? :}

Sounds like you just want to get on the left-hand seat quick and I'd really enjoy the quiet luxurious life on a right-hand seat at Iberia!

A left-hand seat isn't everything...

blanza
20th Dec 2006, 18:44
You want to leave Iberia for easyJet ???? :eek:
How many sectors a day do you fly at Iberia ? what's your salary ? what's the Iberia pension scheme like ?

suerte :cool:
the roaster is not that good, 70 to 80h, 6 roaster of 3 days a month, so total 18 days with 3 sector normal, depens on where you go, airbus is doing medium haul too like israel or dakar malabo moscow, and valencia or seville, 12 days a month you are overnight somewhere, which i´ts tyring, too much time away from home, money with seven year seniority its 10k or 15k below a easy capt, but growing every 2 years, pension , i dont have references,, iberia it´s the one in spain with a pension scheme. problably a 15%, sorry for not be to precise, not sure if i should give details in public, are you an easy capt? can we compare figures in private?

blanza
20th Dec 2006, 19:01
Blanza,

How about we swap jobs? :}

Sounds like you just want to get on the left-hand seat quick and I'd really enjoy the quiet luxurious life on a right-hand seat at Iberia!

A left-hand seat isn't everything...
you are right, i´ve been changing companys for 13 year to improve my professional and financial situation, last time in left seat was 10 years ago in a metroliner, freigtdog, night flying, etc.
iberia unions have make agreements thinkig that one day you will be a long haul capt, with my seniority and my age, i doubt seriusly if i ever be. things have to change a lot, at the monent iberia its leaving the short haul in the hands of airnostrum and clikair, but in the next 3 year we are going to have 25 planes less, means no new contracts, no wining seniority

probably a few of us are getting too nervous, and could be a big mistake, this is why i want constructive opinion and as much info as i can
thanks again

sarah737
21st Dec 2006, 18:26
the roaster is not that good, 70 to 80h, 6 roaster of 3 days a month, so total 18 days with 3 sector normal, depens on where you go, airbus is doing medium haul too like israel or dakar malabo moscow, and valencia or seville, 12 days a month you are overnight somewhere, which i´ts tyring, too much time away from home, money with seven year seniority its 10k or 15k below a easy capt, but growing every 2 years, pension , i dont have references,, iberia it´s the one in spain with a pension scheme. problably a 15%

Blanza, I was told EZY Madrid will be 21 working days and only 10 OFF per month, up to six sectors a day if you do the domnestics, otherwise 3 or 4. You will have months of 100 hrs.You will have to start as an F/O for at least a year, during which your salary will be a lot lower than Iberia. The first six months as a captain are on a lower salary as well. No company pension nor loss of licence. As you are not airbus rated you will be bonded. The choice is yours, but think twice.

Wee Weasley Welshman
21st Dec 2006, 20:59
Surely it will be like every other EZY base where you will do mostly 4 sector days, average about 85hrs a month over 16 days of work, get paid £46k as a SFO and get a Command within a year if you have the hours then make a 90% salary for 6 months then a full one for the rest of your career?

Which is £74k + £10k sector pay + 5/10/15% bonus + share options + 9% pension.

Please highlight the better option.

Cheers

Turbo Thrush
21st Dec 2006, 21:21
Not withstanding the above, the recent disruption caused by fog in the UK has accidently revealed that ezy crewing is actually a call centre based in Mumbai and it is run by people who do not seem to have a clue about how to manage personnel!

blanza
21st Dec 2006, 22:36
Blanza, I was told EZY Madrid will be 21 working days and only 10 OFF per month, up to six sectors a day if you do the domnestics, otherwise 3 or 4. You will have months of 100 hrs.You will have to start as an F/O for at least a year, during which your salary will be a lot lower than Iberia. The first six months as a captain are on a lower salary as well. No company pension nor loss of licence. As you are not airbus rated you will be bonded. The choice is yours, but think twice.
thanks, usefull info

calypso
22nd Dec 2006, 09:25
Just for the record EZY does have loss of licence and a money purchase pension where they contribute 9% (isn't that better than BA for new joiners?). The roster is fixed 5/3/5/4 so you can do the math regarding days off. Three sector days must be very unusual as there are very few nightstops. 100 hour months also means that you will run out of hours at some point in the year...

I still would not leave Iberia though. First there is no guarantee that you will have a command in Madrid. Are you prepared to move to Latvia (or wherever) to get that command? secondly EZY is a UK company and if it suits them at some point in the next 20 years they will move out of Spain, Iberia is obviously not going to do that. Thirdly although things are tough at Iberia, because the erosion of terms and conditions, the reality is that they are still much better than elsewhere; you may be in for a culture shock. Lastly in Iberia you can look forward to a mix of long/short haul and flying different types, variety throughout your career in other words.

Perhaps you can ask for unpaid leave from Iberia so you can still return if you don't like the taste of the grass on the other side of the river.

In any case good luck

Kraut
22nd Dec 2006, 09:48
[QUOTE=calypso;3032937]Just for the record EZY does have loss of licence and a money purchase pension where they contribute 9%

This is not quite correct. Terms and conditions for (finally, after 6 month) MADRID based pilots are different!
For the time being there is no pension pay for MAD based pilots, and no loss of licence (up to now!)
And the percentage of UK contract pilots is UP to 9%, depending on the individual decision. Definitly you get 7 % on an UK contract.

My opinion, BLANZA,

think at least twice, before giving up IBERIA.

ICING AOA
22nd Dec 2006, 11:36
Three sector days must be very unusual as there are very few nightstops

to do 3 sectors a day without nightstop away from base, it is possible to do a triangle like for instance Madrid - Rome - London Gatwick - Madrid !

Coppi
22nd Dec 2006, 15:19
How can it be that terms at easy are different for pilots based in Madrid? Do they not belong to the same union as the other easy pilots?
How can there not be a pension for some pilots since this is advertised on the easy site? Who then would choose to be based in Madrid instead for another base with better terms? Can easy place a newhire at a base which has terms other than those advertised on their site?

ICING AOA
22nd Dec 2006, 15:34
Who then would choose to be based in Madrid instead for another base

at milan the salary is much lower than in UK, but there is still a waiting list for this base :rolleyes:

Kraut
23rd Dec 2006, 09:03
How can it be that terms at easy are different for pilots based in Madrid? Do they not belong to the same union as the other easy pilots?
How can there not be a pension for some pilots since this is advertised on the easy site? Who then would choose to be based in Madrid instead for another base with better terms? Can easy place a newhire at a base which has terms other than those advertised on their site?
The point is, if it is a different company, i.e. called EZY Spain, they try to implement different conditions, of course in favour for EZY management.
However, BALPA is aware of the situation and is seeking for clarification!
Finally, IMHO, no EZY pilot is forced to accept the present MAD contract! I would not!!:=
Newcomers, which are eager that MAD is their base, must consider carefully!
EZY Switzerland is operating with differnt contracts, too! Also I must admit, that they fly under a different AOC!
And MILANO, they have the same basic pay, but different tax situation dictated by italian law.

ICING AOA
23rd Dec 2006, 12:39
read this link :yuk: :yuk:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,9077-2505505,00.html

Kraut
23rd Dec 2006, 13:50
I read it! What´s the point you are pointing to?:confused:

ICING AOA
23rd Dec 2006, 14:12
unfortnately, it is not possible to work under a fully UK contract if your base in not in UK :ouch:
and Air France is very happy !

Kraut
23rd Dec 2006, 14:54
But this only because French authorities launched a new law in January next year ("decree")
But this is covered in a different thread!

Yabaduu
24th Dec 2006, 12:14
How about the Contactable days you guys used t have. I do not remember if you called them Contactable or available.
I would be very nice if you did.

Kraut
24th Dec 2006, 15:50
They are still in use. Can´t remember I had one lately.

Most of the pilots have HCT (High flying hour contactable), because nearly everybody is at the hour limit. I am even in January on HCT!:eek:

papyjo
27th Dec 2006, 00:26
Hi fellows,

I have recently sent my on line application, as a dec : 600hrs A320 family PIC and 4600hrs TT of which 4200hrs medium jet.

Can someone please tell me what the competitive minima are for dec ?
I have a permanent french contract, on a twelve month basis, I get 6000€ monthly of which 1500 goes in tax fumes:{ .

If I landed the job would the move be worth it ?

I quite much like the UK and especially london as a cosmopolitan city, but I prefer to avoid the tons heavy british tax system.

As a captain what do you take home in and outside of the UK ?

My dear colleagues please provide us with relevant after tax info, as this is a capital part of the decision process:confused: .

How do you become a ltc in easy ?

Many thanks:ok: in advance and happy landings to you all.

Cheers.

TheOne83
27th Dec 2006, 09:21
Hi Hufty!!

Why do I like easyJet?? :cool:

But what keeps me in easy is:

- No night flying

No night flying?? :eek: Please correct me if i'm wrong, but don't you have to fly night at least XX hours per year during night??

Jockflyer
27th Dec 2006, 11:48
Oh dear:ugh:

I'm pretty sure what he means is that there are no flights through the night. ie latest finish maybe 10-11pm. Not starting a 8pm and flying for 10hrs.etc:)

The Flying Cokeman
27th Dec 2006, 12:03
Jockflyer,
Fokkerdriver is a SHE not a he !;)

calypso
27th Dec 2006, 12:10
Aaaah, I see what you mean! Kraut. A little delay receiving the post.

BitMoreRightRudder
27th Dec 2006, 12:51
Night flying does exist in EZY. At my base during the summer we do a regular AGP that has you off duty around 3.30am. We also do a night IBZ that has you back in the crew room about 5am much to the amusement of the early AMS crew who never fail to take the p*ss. I found my roster full of late AGPs last summer, some bases are luckier than others. Try and get a base that has a strict night curfew and you can get to the pub before last orders!

On the whole I have to say I'm really enjoying working for EZY at the moment, but then I can't compare it to anywhere else. The way the industry has been heading for quite a while now, you could do far worse.

Fokkerdriver
27th Dec 2006, 18:06
BitMoreRightRudder - I stand corrected

....and Flying Cokeman - thanks for setting the record straight ;)

The Flying Cokeman
27th Dec 2006, 18:15
Miss Fokker,

Ingen problemer. Anytime anywhere ;) Having fun in Berlin?

Fokkerdriver
27th Dec 2006, 18:17
Berlin....love it!! :D

I am very happy :)

TRon
28th Dec 2006, 18:14
Been here just under 3 years.

Started off fairly ugly, but I have to say it really is getting better and better, thanks largely to BALPA and Andy Harrison.

Most if not all people I fly with are chilled out and professional. Sensible yet solid SOP's and you generally get left alone by management and the company, unless you are a naughty pup.

In terms of roster disruption, well everyone has a story and lots of people say 'Crewing did this and that' but at the end of the day you have to remember they are not purposefully screwing you over, just trying to get a job done the same as we are with limited resources thanks to some sh!t managment a few years ago. I have always been civil, put my point across and often they can and will help, if they can.

About a year and a half ago I was very seriously looking elsewhere but I can honestly say that I am now really enjoying working here, and havent looked in the back of Flight for months! Why? Rostering has let up, command is round the corner and I always said I would move when I did not enjoy going to work anymore. Overall I have not had one other guy moan for as long as I can remember (which is two minutes... ;) )

Most months averaging 60-70 hours, Take home SFO non TRSS Average £3100. £3400 on a good month.

Will I stay for my career? Who knows what will happen..but with my share options and the share price where it is and a CEO who doesn't seem to be a complete arse where else is there that isn't getting worse rather than better, plus I see easyJet in talks with Oasis. Maybe me might do long haul one day...well we can all dream for orange 330!!

Kraut
28th Dec 2006, 18:55
[QUOTE=TRon;3040854]Most months averaging 60-70 hours,

Nice base you are flying from! Are you on part time?:)

papyjo
28th Dec 2006, 18:56
Hi fellows,

I have recently sent my on line application, as a dec : 600hrs A320 family PIC and 4600hrs TT of which 4200hrs medium jet.

Can someone please tell me what the competitive minima are for dec ?

I have a permanent french contract, on a twelve month basis, I get 6000€ monthly of which 1500 goes in tax fumes:{ .

If I landed the job would the move be worth it ?

I quite much like the UK and especially london as a cosmopolitan city, but I prefer to avoid the tons heavy british tax system.

As a captain what do you take home in and outside of the UK ?

My dear colleagues please provide us with relevant after tax info, as this is a capital part of the decision process:confused: .

How do you become a ltc in easy ?

Many thanks:ok: in advance and happy landings to you all.

Cheers.

Hi again, can someone answer those questions please ?

Especially the ones regarding salary and tax.

Very nice flights everybody.

Thanks.

TRon
28th Dec 2006, 20:24
Haha!! No London Base, just seems to always work out that way. Checked my Logbook program and never seem to go above 70 hours apart from the odd month where it goes up to 80.

Maybe I am sh@gging the right people ;)

papyjo I dont think you will get answers to all those questions here, they are questions really that can only be answered at interview and to a very select few that have done all you ask..! good luck though.

Not a Captain myself but believe the take home is somewhere between 4100-4500 after tax in the UK. French pilots get tax relief, again no idea on the specifics.

DEC requirements are drying up apparently, I should imagine they will be looking for more Airbus command time than you have. All the guys that have come in DEC Airbus have 6-7 years airbus command.

Big wait for Orly Transfer for command and as F/O apparently, but getting a new A/C soon. I should imagine you wont be an SFO for more than 6 months if you did join Direct entry FO

papyjo
28th Dec 2006, 22:06
Thank you TRon,

I think that in this case, I would prefer joining emirates as an FO rather than easyjet.

I heard that for those joining at the moment, command route was not longer than 3 to 4 years depending on fleets.

I hope your command will be in 07.

Happy landings.

Kraut
28th Dec 2006, 22:14
T
I heard that for those joining at the moment, command route was not longer than 3 to 4 years depending on fleets.

That is still valid! With enough hours even faster!
The 6-7 years TRON mentioned, described the previous experince of DEC joining EZY.

papyjo
28th Dec 2006, 22:27
Kraut, sorry my friend I misled you, I meant emirates not easyjet, concerning command route length.