PDA

View Full Version : Adelaide ILS next to Adelaide oval!!

Tagneah
5th Dec 2006, 07:16
Headin down the slope today and noticed score!

Nice work Aussies!

I'd rather be a convict than a Pom!

Tag:ok: :}

OhForSure
5th Dec 2006, 08:07
Cricket at its very best! Punter is truly amazing. Go the green and gold.

UnderneathTheRadar
5th Dec 2006, 09:27
What a capitulation - even for the poms!

Two best moments of the day - Pieterson bowled Warne for 2 and Pieterson showing how tough he was in the field by throwing the ball bast the keeper to the boundary for 4 overthrows.....

UTR

PS I'd even rather be a kiwi than a pom!

richie-rich
5th Dec 2006, 18:10
actually this is what i was thinking whilst sitting at the Adelaide oval and watching the poms getting thrashed. so many arrivals on rwy 23 by Virgin, Qantas, Jet*.....so how do you airline pilots handle the pressure of being established on ILS and following the cricket at the same time when passing the oval?? :}

Richie

king oath
5th Dec 2006, 20:48
Leave the auto pilot in a little longer. There's always time for important sh*t like that.

Tagneah
5th Dec 2006, 21:02
.....and 891 on the ADF. You can get it from top of climb in melbourne till aound Esperance on the way to perth!

The ABC also put out a little pocket guide to all the ABC stations. You can pick one up from an ABC shop. It has ALL the AM frequencies around australia so you will not miss a ball!

Tag

richie-rich
6th Dec 2006, 10:30
i was fortunate enough to get a member's pass to see the historic match yesterday. however, i was given a seat which was mainly reserved for "elite poms" who booked their ticket for a higher price from england. when the aussies bowled the poms out, we just went ecstatic!!! one "posh" looking lady wearing marks and spencer turned around and was disturbed by the presence of an indian looking guy in his mid 20's supporting the aussies and being seated at the members and told me "you are indian. you cant sit here. have you even got a ticket????"

funny thing is, i am not indian and one aussie seating behind me told her firmly, "if he didnt have a ticket, how come he is sitting right here?" just goes to tell you all how stupid most poms are, not to say racist!

Richie

NIGELINOZ
8th Dec 2006, 00:01
A friend who works for BA rang me Sunday night offering a bet of £50.00 that
the poms would rap the game up after tea Monday!
I took it and of course won the bet but then he offered me double or nothing
that England can still win the series- note the win bit,if they just draw the series,I win !
GO AUSSIES!